Author Topic: Yay for Canadian Thanksgiving night.....  (Read 16065 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Yay for Canadian Thanksgiving night.....
« on: October 10, 2005, 10:56:34 pm »
Well, I got 56K'd one night [tonight in fact {whoda thunk}] because that's what my modem does when it recieves a phone call.

I picked up the phone in my room and the I heard a voice that I haven't heard in quite a long time.

The sound of Kary's voice in tears.

Naturally, I asked what was up. She made a teary reply, then told the details to me, with a number of breaks in between sentences.

Apparently, Kary's father, Kieth, had died of a heartattack tonight.

The main supposed cause was overeating. Kieth ate lots on holidays, and tonight, when he was 49, it caught up to him.

Now, I'm saddened, naturally. Kieth was a great guy, real nice and he new how to raise daughters good. [not make them spoiled, yet happy also, that sorta stuff] and he knew that I wasn't the kind of friend that wanted to have Kary as a friend just because she was hot, and Kieth knew I wouldn't be doing anything of that sorts to Kary. He was a father who trusted his daughters friends, and it proved him well. He knew who could be trusted and who couldn't be.

Well, now that he's gone, Kary has had a last name change. It used to be Murphy, but now it's her mother's maiden name now, that of Albers.

So, I know that I haven't ever referenced Kieth before, but just know that he was a great man that pased away far before he should have.

I ask nothing of you, other than to post any things on your mind, things that may comfort Kary. She will need the support. She loved her father dearly, and is very distraught about this all.....

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 10:57:59 pm »
:( .......... sorry, man.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:00:32 pm »
How do so many people you know die?

My condolences to Kary, and alll affected.  I like the dark meat myself, I should be careful.

*shifty eyes*
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 11:01:52 pm »
Sophih:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Antha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 11:03:35 pm »
Oh no... I'm so sorry. That can't be easy
I send my love, and prayers.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 11:06:28 pm »
Wow... I don't know what to say... I'm so very sorry, Kary...
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 11:08:44 pm »
My dad died when I was young and I never got to know him, so I can relate. =/

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 11:11:35 pm »
Heh.... I always love smoked ham....

And I don't know why people around me die a lot.... Maybe I'm just some cursed person who can't keep anyone I love for very long. I don't know....

Thank you, people of TPH. These words mean a lot to me and will to Kary, when she reads them.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 11:34:59 pm »
Swift, I used to have the same feeling too.

You see, when I was 9, there was this girl I loved, and we were great friends.

Then one day, we got into a fight because she thought I was a freak who was stalkering her and stuff, so at that moment I told her that I never wanted to speak to her agian.

Tradgety struck, 3 days later she died. Her mom killed her in a car accident my unbuckling her seatbelt while driving and she went hear first through the window, which cracked open her skull and snapped her neck. She died instantly.

I later attented the funreal and was kicked out because apprently I was the antagonist of the whole situation, and people wren't too happy with me.

I met another girl name Amanda Steiner, I told her everything and she conforted me. She told me that she loved me and that I'm a wonderful person with a stressful hectic life.

Although she got upset with me too, and told me I was an asshole and some shit like that.

At the point, I got upset with myself and stayed home from school. I statred swalling pills, stabing myself and cut my wrists. I pulled myself through and decided to move on, because if a friend was gonna treat me like shit and lie to me, than she was never myfriend in the first place.

I tought myself a valuable lesson, life is short. Weither it's tragically short or we reach our life exptancy, life is so goddamned short. We have so many freedoms, so many reasons to be happy. The people that are arround us won't last forever and we'll just have to expect that. But they wouldn't want thier loss to be in vain. Death is a complicated subject, we don't understand a lot of it. People die, and people are born. It happens everyday.But life continues, for new born or oldborn. The future can be unclear at times, but if we make the most out of it, we can die knowing we did great in the world.

-- Andres Tomas Comerford/Yaminomalex

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 11:43:34 pm »
*sighs* here comes another sign of the apocalypse...

Thank you for your kindness, Yamino. I wasn't expecting you to write that, but it should at least convince Kary to not do what you were doing at one point....

And I must say, I haven't felt the same pain as you have.

Everytime someone I knew or loved died, I was never thought of as a bad person. I was always known to thoroughly love the people that died, and they know that I was suffering greatly for their loss.

But never was I ousted and shunned and hated from those occasions...

My feelings go out to you, Yamino, for feeling worse things than me. I had not known that before hand.

Thank you again.

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 11:53:16 pm »
Well Swift, if you really are cursed, then at least I don't have anything to worry about.

Yeah, that was bad...

*ahem*

*looks around*

Anyway.....

That is really unfortunate, Kary, you have my sympathies.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 11:55:50 pm »
Well said, Yamino.

qualityretro.net

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 12:20:54 am »
I swear, I can never relate to anyone's problems.  I feel like such an asshole all the time.   I'm an emotionless bastard.  Don't reply to this.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 12:27:54 am »
It's okay, Peaches. You've led a good life, free of strife, and you can hardly be blamed for that. You're not emotionless, and you certaintly aren't a bastard. You don't have anything to say, and you're not the first.

But I'm off to Kary's house, via quad, to help her out a bit. I may post the results, if it goes off well or anything interesting happens.....

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 12:33:07 am »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
free of strife

What have I told you about the BS? Seriously.

But I hope things work out... Did Broom go home, yet?

qualityretro.net