Author Topic: Twilight Princess pushed to 2006.  (Read 10976 times)

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Twilight Princess pushed to 2006.
« on: August 16, 2005, 04:29:03 am »
Nintendo has confirmed that its main hope for Christmas, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on GameCube, has slipped to 2006. The platform holder says creative leads Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma want it to spend more time in development, and said the result would be a "more enjoyable gaming experience".

Despite the unveiling of its next-generation Revolution console and a new iteration of the Game Boy design, Twilight Princess was arguably Nintendo's biggest draw at this year's E3 conference in Los Angeles, and news that it will miss the end of the year is likely to be viewed as a huge blow for Nintendo.

In a statement released worldwide this morning, Nintendo said: "Our development team has decided to take extra time to add some incredible new elements to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. As a result, the game will now launch in 2006 globally. We recognise there may be some disappointed fans; however we firmly believe this additional time will result in a more enjoyable gaming experience."
Advertisement

The statement went on to point out that Mario Smash Football (née Super Mario Strikers), Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness would all be out in time for Christmas.

In order to try and lift dampened spirits, Nintendo released seven new screenshots of Twilight Princess to accompany the statement.

Source

Awww crap. ;_;
eft.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 10:49:18 am »
man that sucks

but i do believe that there will be a better playing experience mow, so im not that bummed out
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 12:52:13 pm »
Advertisement
ric!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 01:11:53 pm »
Sucks for all the Zelda fanboys.  I like Zelda and all, but I really don't care anymore.    Wind Waker was not fun at all for me, the dungeons seemed more like a chore than something awesome like Link to the Past.  And I doubt this will be any different.

RetroJape

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 04:59:56 pm »
Yup, just got the phonecall yesterday for Game Stop, I can wait for it, really doeant bother me much lol. but liek SuperYoshi siad, sucks for them fanboys  :wink:

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 05:54:42 pm »
THis news is NOTHING compared to what's been unleashed today...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 06:22:31 pm »
Quote from: "neothe0ne"
THis news is NOTHING compared to what's been unleashed today...

Which is?
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 06:25:00 pm »
I totally saw that topic >>
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 06:26:03 pm »
Right......... Okay, I'm off!!! *Swoosh*

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 08:20:04 pm »
Oh, BTW, Twilight Princess will DEFINITELY not be another Wind Waker.  Miyamoto apologized a month ago for the Triforce Collection Quest, lack of dungeons, and the excess of ocean.  The Zelda dev team asked Nintendo to delay the release date SO THAT they could add more dungeons and improve quality.  You won't be disappointed.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!