Poll

Which next-gen console will you purchase?

Nintendo Revolution
6 (85.7%)
Microsoft Xbox 360
0 (0%)
Sony PlayStation 3
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 12, 2005, 07:19:23 pm

Author Topic: Next-Gen Console Purchase Poll v2.0  (Read 11188 times)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
Next-Gen Console Purchase Poll v2.0
« on: August 12, 2005, 07:19:23 pm »
Upon the release of new info on the next generation consoles, I felt it was necessary to recreate the old poll and require everyone to re-read the new facts and re-vote.  You'll be surprised.

Nintendo Revolution:
-Disc drive plays 12cm Revolution discs and 3in GameCube discs
-Smallest console and least power consuming
-Wireless controllers for Revolution (has four controller ports for GameCube controllers)
-Nintendo WiFi, free of charge and "better than Xbox Live", WiFi ready out of the box
-Nintendo will release a USB 2.0 device that lets you transfer your computer's wired broadband connection wirelessly to the Revolution and DS
-No HiDef video output support
-Only console that will not have an ethernet port
-Built-in 512mb of flash memory with two SecureDigital card slots for additional memory
-Ability to download games from NES, SNES, and N64 (prices are yet to be determined)
-Graphics by ATI, processor by IBM, includes 2 USB 2.0 ports
-Controller to be "simplified", unknown what this means, but Iwata and Miyamoto have long expressed that modern games have become too complicated.  HOWEVER, Richie says the Rev controller will be able to play back the NES, SNES, N64, GC, and Rev games, not the GC controller, but the Rev controller, so can't be anything too bad...
-Has the support of Square Enix, NamcoBandai, Konami, and Capcom
-Konami to launch two new franchises on Revolution, Capcom to bring back a sorely missed franchise to the Revolution
-Nintendo to have big plans for Metroid Prime 3, possibly with a larger online multiplayer focus to counter Halo 3
-A lost franchise will include Resident Evil
-Launch title will include Super Smash Bros. Revolution

Microsoft Xbox 360:
-Can play both Xbox and Xbox 360 games according to MS (some Xbox games must be emulated, so the reliability of the compatibility remains to be seen)
-Xbox Live Silver free of charge, Xbox Live Gold includes extra features but requires paid subscription
-Xbox 360 controllers to be similar to Xbox S controllers with a slightly different button layout
-Graphics by ATI
-Forcing developers to make their games optimized for HDTVs
-Only console with a built-in hard drive
-Only console that will not be WiFi ready out of the box
-Possibility of releasing a second version of the console with support for HD-DVD MOVIES (no games will be made in HD-DVD, and support for the format for movies isn't concrete)
-A lost franchise will include Ninja Gaiden, and a new franchise will include Resident Evil
-Launch titles will include casual sports games, Gears of War, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Sony PlayStation 3:
-Cell processors, at least one cell guaranteed to be dead-on-arrival (WTF?)
-Can play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games
-Has no PS1/PS2 memory card slot, and Sony has no plans to release a USB device to transfer saves (WTF?)
-Theoretically supports seven controllers through wireless Bluetooth, plus a theoretical extra six through USB 2.0
-Forcing developers to make their games optimized for HDTVs
-Outputs to two 16:9 HDTVs (...)
-Graphics by nVidia, 6 USB 2.0 ports
-Developers are assuming they can make PS3 games as good as pre-rendered movies shown at E3 (but they didn't say they were pre-rendered until after they were accused...)
-Has the support of Factor 5 in addition to many Japanese developers
-Bulkiest next-gen console
-Disc drive to support Blu-Ray
-Requires the PS3 to be connected to the internet at all times for anti-piracy measures, if a BluRay disc's security code is detected as counterfeit Sony will send a signal to your PS3 which will render it useless (WTFOMFG???! anyone ever heard about SCRATCHES ON FRAGILE NEW MEDIA BECAUSE OF LARGER CAPACITY??!)
-Only console with DVD movie playback support out of the box
-Controller is miniscule, the average person's thumb will completely overwhelm the analog sticks, let alone the buttons, and the boomerang design is finalized already
-No known titles to be ready for launch, but has the most games being developed
-Price confirmed to be between $500 and $1000.  Sony in huge debt because of cell-processing and BluRay research, and expects to be able to pay off their loans with PS3 sales.  (they won't make any profit at $600, just so you know)

All Next Gen Consoles:
-Games reported to cost $60 at launch
-Will have online services
-Will have wireless controllers
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 10:11:02 pm »
im actually leaning towards the revolution, it appels the most, espicailly the USB wireless port that can connect to my non-wireless modem. DLing old games will be awesome too
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:13:04 pm »
Yeah, especially because Revolution discs won't use that special kind of anti-piracy protection that requires to be connected to the internet and the one where a signal can be sent to your console to kill it.

..and I need a new avatar.  Perfect Dark Zero isn't going to make Xbox 360 launch if I remember correctly...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:14:18 pm »
yea thats insanely insane

nintendo appeals to the average gamer, not the one who will buy 7 controllers and use 2 16:9 HD TVs
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 11:30:39 pm »
I'm looking at Revolution. I dont' have an HDTV in my room, so that means I'd have to play on the bigass TV in the living room. You know, the one that everyone in my family wants to use. Fuck that. I wanted to get them all, but now it's looking like I'll only get a Revolution.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 11:38:01 pm »
By forced HDTV support, I meant that Sony and Microsoft are requiring their games to have hi-def.  That doesn't mean you have to have an HDTV to play them...
agerly anticipating:

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 12:24:24 am »
XD Oh, okay. Then I'll get all of them, then. Probably. Maybe.

Well, a Revolution at least, and hopefully an XBox 360. I've no room in my heart for PS3.

qualityretro.net

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 12:29:08 am »
Revolution.

REVOLUTION!

My statements form before stand.

It deffinitly seems to be the best, and no matter what Sony and Microsoft do, Nintendo will prevail, as always.

Plus, with all the added stuff this time, and all that jazz, they're gonna be PIMPIN'.

yeah, plus all the stuff I said last time.

Revolution FRO T3H WIN!!!1
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 12:41:17 am »
True story.

qualityretro.net

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 10:21:04 am »
I hope whoever voted for PS3 read the new info....
agerly anticipating:

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 04:08:48 pm »
Revolution for me.  I'll eventually get Xbox-360 and then PS3 last, cause I always do that, heh.  Metroid Prime 3....sounds sexy already.  By the way, am I the only one who thinks "Revolution" isn't going to be the final name?  I mean it's happened twice before, Nintendo "Ultra 64" (N64) and Nintendo "Dolphin" (GCN), I've been thinking Revolution is just a codename, but then again, so was DS, but they stuck with it...so who knows?