Author Topic: Protoman! Read this!  (Read 9852 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Protoman! Read this!
« on: March 31, 2005, 08:31:21 pm »
Protoman! Protoman! Portoman! Protoman!
Woops. Portoman? too much sugar.

Anywaywho, I just beat Phantasy Star 4 for Genesis. I looked at a cheat section at a site, and found that a music test can be done. So I did, and voila! Every song is right there! Plus, it has a built in fadeout! This game will certaintly be done by me, and sent to you once I have the means to do so. (either get a highspeed connection or get the money to ship the cd's)

Just so you know! And Contra is steadily being done, but is on hiatus for the moment since PS4 has better music.
Anyone else suggest a good Genesis game that has good music? I'll rip the songs and put them on the site.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
Protoman! Read this!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 12:25:48 am »
i remembered something while i was reading your post, so i guess i have bad news for everyone now.

as you may have noticed, the sega genesis is a pretty noisy unit in terms of audio quality ... so noisy that even music from a genesis 2 or 3 (with stereo audio out the back) is too noisy to accept here at tph. i noticed when i was recording streets of rage 2 that the noise would interfere with the bassline to the point that it was just horrible buzzing instead of the nice, fat thumping it was supposed to be, and cool edit pro's denoise routines didn't even come close to fixing it.

i bought a broken nomad off of ebay (the screen didn't work until i fixed it) to see if the noise was reduced enough to get a good recording. it was, especially if i used battery power. so now you know how i recorded all the genesis music here ... and i'm unfortunately going to have to ask that anyone submitting genesis music do the same. i realize i should have said this earlier, but it just didn't cross my mind. sorry about this.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Protoman! Read this!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 08:08:10 pm »
Ah, crap. That's great. Oh, well. I don't have a Nomad, so I guess I'm out of it.  really wanted to help the site, too.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
Protoman! Read this!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 08:28:48 pm »
what you could do is mail me the game. in the case of genesis games, i'd be happy to mail the game back, because i know they are sometimes hard to find.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Protoman! Read this!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 05:25:44 pm »
I'd do that, unless the border people hold me up for suspected possesion of 'cartridge bombs'. ("That cartridge is unstable! If you put it in the console, it'll explode!"   "Come, on! Even if I did put a bomb in it, all it'd do is make a loud bang. It's not big enough to hold any sort of lethal weapon."   "Bangs scare people! Sometimes loud bangs are the worst! People panic and run in circles until their head hits a wall!")

Not that that'd probably happen, but it'd suck if it did. (While I'm at it, I'd give you my mm zer 3 cart. I'm not gonna play it anymore, so you could keep it.)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
Protoman! Read this!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 11:39:58 pm »
as my dad would say: "weirder things have happened."

but yeah, unlikely there would be a problem. just stop after you write "video game" (don't write "cartridge") and you should be fine. ;)