Author Topic: What kind of "Other Games" music would be allowed?  (Read 27629 times)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
What kind of "Other Games" music would be allowed?
« on: March 07, 2005, 04:28:13 pm »
For the Other Games section, we have some obviously non-Mega Man mp3s.  Would you just accept anything that sounds good and is rare and unique?  (I have in mind Star Wars Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike, which can't be found anywhere but has some pretty good music, with less rehashes than other SW games)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Gemini Man

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:46:28 pm »
Can you add Superstar? Or Advance Wars? Or Kirby Superstar? Or Wario Ware DS? Or Kirby Superstar? Or superstar? (I really like Superstar music!)
Gemini Man

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 09:26:05 pm »
Um, the question was directed more towards Protoman than requesters...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 10:34:11 pm »
lol. actually, until i reread the topic title, i thought it was meant to spawn requests.

anyway, i guess pretty much anything would work. but there is a limit to how much i can take, so i guess it would have to be really good recordings no one else will host for whatever reason. it would also help if i genuinely like it, which i'm almost entirely sure would be the case for star wars stuff.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 11:07:32 am »
I'm working on recording R-type 3 music. If you've played that game, you'd know that it has some brilliant music. Would that be allowed on tph?
Maybe you should make a tab on the top of your page, where the original and X game links are, but for metroid music. You have three games covered, so it'd be a good addition to let newcomers know you have that music also.

Gemini Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 01:50:07 pm »
You could also add Superstar! (or post a url of where to find SS Mp3s so I shut up)
Gemini Man

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 04:06:08 pm »
those sound great, but just remember to use lame 160 kbps or greater to encode. and don't forget to normalize the audio so it's nice and loud before you do so! m.midget can assist with goldwave (shareware) if you need any help.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 04:02:13 pm »
Quote from: "Gemini Man"
Can you add Superstar? Or Advance Wars? Or Kirby Superstar? Or Wario Ware DS? Or Kirby Superstar? Or superstar? (I really like Superstar music!)

Actually, I'm recording Kirby Superstar now.  I've been on and off for a week now.  I'm almost halfway throgh the entire soundtrack.....'course I don't think Geocities with its 15 MB of space will allow me to upload the whole thing....  by the way, if you're REALLY desperate, you can always contact me on AIM and I can send you the MP3s I have as of now.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 06:28:52 pm »
Hey superyoshi, you'll probably like to hear I'm thinking of recording dynamite heady for tph, along with gunstar heroes. I don't really have the equipment to record stuff for snes, but my brother used to record stuff with his master system, and the stuff for the master system are compatible with my genesis. (I managed to get my friend to give me his old dynamite heady game. It's quite a good game!)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 02:25:15 am »
people who are recording things, i can just give you accounts to upload to, and that will solve all of the space problems. just let me know what you want your usernames to be.

edit: just realized you said gunstar heroes. you might want to hold off on that, as that game is one of the ones i am scheduled to record next week. if i don't finish it by one week from tomorrow, then you can go ahead and do it (as i'll have missed my opportunity to finally get it (it's been waiting since i added the sonic stuff to the site)).

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 11:47:56 am »
Does anybody have the Sonic and Knuckles mp3s?
I have sonic 1,2, and 3 to upload, but theyre only 144 kbps
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 01:42:54 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
Hey superyoshi, you'll probably like to hear I'm thinking of recording dynamite heady for tph, along with gunstar heroes. I don't really have the equipment to record stuff for snes, but my brother used to record stuff with his master system, and the stuff for the master system are compatible with my genesis. (I managed to get my friend to give me his old dynamite heady game. It's quite a good game!)

Heh, I've done Dynamite Headdy already (only in WAVs, though, I was too lazy to convert them to MP3s, heh).  But I never got around to recording Gunstar Heroes, can't wait for that!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 11:11:48 pm »
On a program I have called Nero, you can convert waves to about six other formats, including mp3's. (which is funny, cuz it's a burning program) Only thing is, with my dial-up connection, it'd be way faster for me to ship all the songs on cd's to where Protoman lives than to send them. It'd be faster, easier on both of us since we wouldn't have to be in constant touch, and cheaper. If I go over 36 hours of internet time a month, it goes from 10 cents a minute to 3$ a minute.
Only thing is, I have to play through Dynamite heady quite a few times and learn the music, so I can loop properly and stuff. Which isn't bad, and especially since I haven't had the game for more than a week.
to protoman: I'm sorry, but it'd be way faster for you to record gunstar heroes even with a very busy schedule, since I always feel inclined to play the game rather than record. Maybe I'll do contra hardcorps instead....
Or, heck, any genesis game that has a music test. My friend has an entire library of them. I was thinking phantasy star 4, but that don't have a music test....
I hope to get quite a bit of recording done in the next few weeks. My spring break is coming up, so I'll have an extra eight hours not used on school that I can use for recording.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 07:03:56 pm »
If Protoman can't record Gunstar Heroes I'll be happy to do it (wow, I'm recording so much stuff now, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario All Stars, Super Punch Out, and now Gunstar Heroes XD)

Also, an update on KSS.  The MP3s I have now are the Intro, Game Select, Tutorial, All of the songs from the Spring Breeze game, and every one of the sound effects.  Currently reocrding the music from Dynablade now.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 08:20:03 pm »
Hey, Protoman! Should I do contra hardcorps? it does have pretty good music, and I've recorded a few already (for my own use though. I'll rerecord them for submitting.)
Or, if there's someway to get a music test in phantasy star 4, I'd do it. (I'm getting through the game at a somewhat decent speed, and I love the music so far)