Author Topic: The sound effects  (Read 10276 times)

Silverlimit

The sound effects
« on: March 20, 2005, 09:37:46 am »
How did you do the sound effect collection for Mega Man 1 to 6 and Power Fighters? Was there a sound effect test on those 7 games or did you just do it yourself?

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
The sound effects
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 01:05:14 pm »
mm1-6 were ripped from the capcom-released "famicom generation" music collection (three discs). on those discs was a sound effect collection for every game, and i figured, why not. ;)

and yeah, i'm assuming power fighters was the same way. it was actually given to me by diesel, who acquired it from someone who also decided to rip the sound effects, apparently.

Anonymous

The sound effects
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:42:38 pm »
There was a music collection released for Power Fighters? Cool. Was there one released for Power Battle too?

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
The sound effects
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 03:55:12 am »
i assume so, but don't quote me on that. i didn't see either of them while i was in japan ... probably too old.

Anonymous

The sound effects
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:12:59 pm »
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Just one more question. On the mega man 8 section, you took music from all three versions. The PSX, Saturn and Japanese version. Was the Japanese Intro the only song you took from the Japanese version?

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
The sound effects
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:47:10 pm »
yeah, that was actually sent to me by someone. you can get the whole intro and ending in the rockman theme song collection (tracks 2 and 3, respectively).

Anonymous

The sound effects
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 04:56:48 pm »
I'm guessing the ending song (track 3) is what's instead played at the end of the japanese version of the game when they show the credits and all the kids artwork of their robot masters.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
The sound effects
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 07:23:38 pm »
i would guess that, as well. ;)

Anonymous

The sound effects
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 07:02:01 pm »
I think that sound effect collection on the Power Fighters section wasn't actually on any soundtrack and was just made by the guy who sent to you. I listened to it and at the end ,elec man's song from mm1 just starts playing for no reason. I think he screwed up :)