Author Topic: UPDATE [2005.04.13]  (Read 33384 times)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« on: April 13, 2005, 12:00:20 am »
against the current

So much music ... so little time!

Well, we'd better find some more, because this update's eight games in girth!

From yours truly are three Sonic games: Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) and Sonic CD (English). Someone requested the (I feel) slightly inferior Spencer Nilsen Sonic CD business that reportedly held up the American release of the game for months, and I while I had my Sega games out I figured, why not throw in good ol' Spence, too?

Also from "the operator of four" in this update is the fantastic Panzer Dragoon II soundtrack. I actually had to record this one myself, unlike the Sonic games, which were simply ripped from the game discs. So, this one's even more special and enjoyable for me; I hope that it will be for y'all, as well!

Rounding out this whopping list are TimeSplitters, its sequel (called, appropriately enough, TimeSplitters 2), StarCraft and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, all compliments of TPH co-conspirator neothe0ne. Many of them were indeed recorded by him – and as I know all too well, that's no five-minute job!

Until next time ...
- Protoman

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:44:26 am »
Wow, updates are so frequent now, I don't know what to do with myself!  Thanks a lot, Protoman and Neothe0ne!  Seeing 3D Blast on here just gives me so much nostalgia because I haven't played that game since 1997 or so, mostly because when Saturn had died I was forced to sell it to buy an N64.  Man, was I a stupid kid back then.  I really want another Saturn now seeing Panzer Drogoon and Sonic R are here, heh.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:40:07 am »
STARCRAFT!? I've been looking for those for about 4+ years! And now it's here on this uber-site!? NICE! I must congradulate you, Protoman!

Also, a question. Is Panzer Dragoon like, mechs and stuff? Cuz in some translations of the Front Missions games have them called panzers instead of wanzers, as is the proper translation.
Needless to say, is Panzer Dragoon an RPG or something with mechs in it?

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 12:11:41 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
STARCRAFT!? I've been looking for those for about 4+ years! And now it's here on this uber-site!? NICE! I must congradulate you, Protoman!

Also, a question. Is Panzer Dragoon like, mechs and stuff? Cuz in some translations of the Front Missions games have them called panzers instead of wanzers, as is the proper translation.
Needless to say, is Panzer Dragoon an RPG or something with mechs in it?

Panzer Dragoon was an RPG for the Sega Saturn where basically you're riding on a flying dragon and shoot enemies, this might not be 100% right, I haven't played it in a LONG time.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 04:37:07 pm »
Err....

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is actually the third game in the series, not the first.  And you might want to mark (GC) at the end of it to specify that it's the GC version, fixed up as best as possible, and not the perfect PS2/Xbox version...

*edit*
Oh, and StarCraft should have been a five minute job ;)  A simple MPQ extraction, then plug the waves into RazorLame, right?  Well.. I reformatted my second hard drive.  Turned out I lost my MPQ archiver ;)  Took a while to find the correct one again.. (Ladik's or something).  Everything else was lengthy line-in recordings.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 12:43:03 pm »
Quote from: "neothe0ne"
Err....

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is actually the third game in the series, not the first.  And you might want to mark (GC) at the end of it to specify that it's the GC version, fixed up as best as possible, and not the perfect PS2/Xbox version...

this should be corrected now. thanks for notifying me.

Bass X

UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 03:25:22 pm »
all we need now is some Megaman Zero music and Rockman EXE and this place will truely pwn more than it does now :D

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 04:32:37 pm »
castlevania sotn would be very nice i'd get it off my brothers cd, but i would need to be talked through it ^_^;
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

the_broom

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 09:50:49 pm »
I'm still trying to learn xaex.exe program. It can rip playstation music straight from the disk, so I hear.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Swiftman/villians.jpg[/img]

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 10:04:23 pm »
I already posted this somewhere, but not all PlayStation games use XA audio.  XA is the streaming format for 99.9% of all PlayStation games, and they are actually 37.0KHz 16-bit 2-channel waves.

Many PlayStation games also use the PlayStation synth.  Final Fantasy VII is run ENTIRELY on synth.  There are no streamed songs.  Castlevania SotN has two synth/sequenced songs and the rest are streamed, and stuff like that...

If you find an entry for a game here, that means it is run partially or entirely on PS synth, which renders XA-ripping programs useless:
http://www.zophar.net/psf/
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 10:06:58 pm »
So I guess beating the game up to 200% and line-in recording the sound test fromt eh Master Librarian is the only way to get all the songs?

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 10:12:31 pm »
Well, I haven't played Castlevania SotN, but if that's what you have to do...

Release the rip without the two sequenced songs ;)  I released my TS2 recording without one song (I wasn't aware that there were unused tracks in the game data like MMX5 did).  Of course, with TS2, I knew all the songs were streamed, and when I finally cracked the key to Free Radical's radical Xbox ADPCM, I got all the songs plus extra, directly extracted and thus better quality than my recording ;)

Of course, in the case of CSotN, we know two songs are sequenced...
agerly anticipating:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 10:16:58 pm »
Don't forget teh one secret song that plays when you put it in a CD player! I hope you can rip THAT!
(ps: If I had it still, I'd send you my SOTN save on my memory card and Sophih has the game. I always had to rent it.)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 10:18:57 pm »
If you can play a song in your CD player, then one song is CDDA.  BUT DON'T RIP IT WITH ITUNES!!!!  iTunes and other rippers fudge and flaw the original sound, and WAVE and ALAC rips are not truely lossless, and lossy rips are even worse.

Rip it with Exact Audio Copy here:
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
agerly anticipating:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.04.13]
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 10:20:24 pm »
I always use Nero for practically all my CD needs.