General > General Games

The mystery of stupidity...

(1/16) > >>

neothe0ne:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=213&topic=21423315

Halo and Halo 2 got amazing review scores for a game that fell under the radar. Halo and Halo 2 is almost as underrated as Ninja Gaiden. I can't believe most of you guys fail to see the beauty of Halo and Halo 2. They brought more innovation to the FPS genre than any other game. Dual wielding is one of those marvelous feats, now I know other games have done that before, but they really perfected it with Halo 2.

Halo 1 also made vehicles fun in a FPS. Master Chief is the most original character I have ever seen. I got goose-bumps when he said "give me a weapon" in Halo 2.

Halo and Halo 2 got amazing review scores for a game that was overrated.  Halo and Halo 2 brought noinnovation to the FPS genre besides having aiming reticules the size of Jupiter for machine guns.  Dual wielding is far from perfected in Halo 2.  Master Chief is the most unoriginal character in the history of the entire universe.

I mean, I have yet for someone to prove me wrong:  Master Chief is really a girl with a deep voice.

Discuss :)[/i]

Swiftman:
Dual wielding? Ha! Unreal Tournament did that with the twin Enforcers before Halo came out. (personally, I thought Unreal Tournament brought more originality than Halo did. (What was the previous big FPS before Unreal/unreal tournament? Oh? Is it Doom? I think so! [though I don't know.])
Heck, Descent has way more originality than Halo. WAY more. Not only for being the first GOOD 3D game (I was wrong about it being the very first, Elite came out before 1990 and ti's fully 3D)

But, enough of my rampaging rememincing fantasies.

Superyoshi:
I don't like any FPS's besides Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.  Timesplitters was allright, although I only played TS 2.  I have Halo, it's....ok.  Yes, it is VERY, VERY overrated.  It's not HORRIBLE, it just ain't good, XD.

neothe0ne:
I highly recommend you play TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.  The story mode kicks ass at the very least.

Also, TSFP music rules :)
http://www.protoman.com/neothe0ne/-0-%20My%20Rips/TimeSplitters%20Future%20Perfect%20(GC%20Ogg%20Vorbis%20copy)/

Trigger:
Halo is overrated, this is true. I got bored with it in less then an hour for Halo1, and Halo 2 kept my interest for only alittle longer then that.

It was too damn boring. It wasn't innovative, it was no were NEAR perfect.

It's just plain overrated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version