General > General Games

Recent decline of Megaman

(1/9) > >>

Gemini Man:
I'm sure you have noticed that recent MM games have lost some of the things that made the original and X series so awesome.
1.MM games are hard, not stupidly annoying impossable for mortals hard.
2.Making sequals that are almost the same as the previous was SOOO much better with 8 bit and 16 bit.
3.MM Anniversary Collection A and B switched.
4.Did anyone want a MM Battle Network 4?

Swiftman:
I agree. I liked the final boss in mm7, where you have 3-4 e-tanks to help in battle, yet Wily was very hard, but not impossibly hard. in rockman and Forte, they took away the e-tanks and suddenly it got unfairly hard. Even with save state, King was blazingly difficult. And then you had to fight his huge mecha form, and he's harder still! Despite all that, I like Rockman and Forte. Probably because it's a classic series game.

The mm X games were always so good. So many hidden things to find, so many upgrades, SO many things to blow up. That changed in the PSX conversion. Less enemies, less upgrades, less in a lot of things that made the snes X games good. (the anime cutscenes were a nice touch, though.)
I never even liked the EXE series. I bought the first one, and I didn't like it. The new anime is even worse! Gah! I don't like that series at all, and yet capcom is putting more and more emphasis on that than the X series.

I actually really like the Zero series. I like the harsh, loud rock-like music (even though I don't like rock) and all the different weapons. One thing I like is that it's hard, but not impossibly hard. You had full healers, different elements to take advantage of, and you learned new tricks as you progressed through the game. The only thing i didn't like was Zero's appearance. He used to look so cool, having that huge armor and wicked sword. He kept the sword, though it looks really thin, not like the original. Not only that, but he seems to have lost that sweet looking armor and now looks like he has anorexia. His hair also seems more sleek and longer, more feminine like. His old version had less emphasis on his hair, plus he had the look that said "What, I have a long ponytail? What're you gonna do about it?" I didn't like Zero 3 as much as the others. Too easy, I say. I beat it in days. The first two took me weeks to beat.

I'd have to say, Capcom should release a new classic game. NOT for the new Gamcube or PS2. Then they'll probably make it 3d, which will NOT be good in my book. Megaman Legends handles the 3d department of Megaman. (speaking of which, a new legends game would be nice.) I'd say, make the game on GBA first, then not release it on that system and make it for ps2/gc. That way, they keep the same elements and charm that the GBA retains in this age, yet still can sport the new 64-bit look.
That's just my opinion. I tend to be rather picky when it comes to new games.

Phew. My first rant on the protoman.com forums. I tend to write a few of these.

Pirate Cortez:
1: Dumb Mavericks. (Like Burn Rooster, Bamboo Pandamonium, and Optic Sunflora, I mean Sunflower)

2: The EXE series being hit by the Pokemon Syndrome. (Y'know, two versions)

Thats my 2 cents

Swiftman:
Too true, Sir Kibble.

Herb:
The second I saw EXE and the very childish looking Megaman who starred in it, i immediatly disliked it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version