TPH > Cartoons

Ian James Corlett's connection to Queensryche

(1/1)

ElecMan:
One day in late '05, I was looking at the booklet for Queensryche's CD "Operation:Mindcrime", and under the "Thank You" section, I saw Ian Corlett (the voice of Mega Man in the US cartoon, and Dr. Wily in Captain N), and that same day, I sent an email to Ian, and I asked him:

--- Quote ---Hey Ian, I saw your name in the "Thank You" section of
Queensryche's CD "Operation: Mindcrime". I really like that album. How did
you get involved in it? And what did you work with the band on?

--- End quote ---

About a day or so later (not sure how later), I checked my inbox, and Ian replied saying:

--- Quote ---I programmed some of the drum tracks and helped them with some computer
sequences.
I sold them some music gear in the old days and they were rehearsing in an
abandoned theatre here in Vancouver.

Good eyes!

IAN
--- End quote ---

Man, this is so cool! The man who does the voice of the Video Game and Cartoon Character I've idolized since I was 10 was involved with one of THE BEST hard rock albums ever made! I didn't really get into this album 'til late last year. I got interested after I saw the video for "Eyes Of A Stranger" on VH1 Classic, which was also later last year. And at the time, I didn't know the album told a story (like "Tommy" by The Who, or "The Wall" by Pink Floyd), but when I did, I got more interested in it, and I was anxious to get the album, and it wouldn't be long before I did! Anyway, our Blue Bomber has a connection to this awesome album and band! I still think "Eyes Of A Stranger" is the best song on "Operation:Mindcrime".

Crystalman:
Pretty damn cool!

Superyoshi:
That's pretty neat.  Queensryche is a damn good band.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version