Author Topic: Fed's Shutdown BitTorrent!  (Read 3610 times)

Protoboy

• View Profile
Fed's Shutdown BitTorrent!
« on: May 26, 2005, 09:33:02 pm »
Yes, you heard me right unforturnetly... The FBI shut down the BitTorrent Hub recently, and they are investigating all downloaders of BitTorrents. Some BitTorrents are legal, and I think the ones here are legal, if I am not mistaken, right? Anyways, delete everything Torrented immediately, and don't ever go to www.elitetorrents.org as of now, they are logging IP's and investigating them too, not to mention a nasty red page with a firm and opressing message from the Government. Anyways, this started becuase of the Star Wars Piracy crap, so just keep your nose clean everyone, and we should be fine,  :lol:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 09:38:29 pm »
Lucky I don't go torrenting at all. Thanks for the heads up, Protoboy.
Though, everything here should be legal, since where are you gonna find Megaman OST's in Northam? And since you don't claim to own the music, though you did record it (Protoman) we should be well off.

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:53:36 pm »
It was bound to happen.

Seriously..."You can download stuff from person to person" its just like KaZaA but you can download in bulk pcks sorta.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:43:49 am »
We don't have to worry, the way BT works. They're only logging people from certain sites. For those of you who don't know, here's a quick run down.
First, you download a program to get BTs, I don't kow the official name of it, but some examples are Azureus and Shareaza. Then you go to a site and download a tracker, which finds torrents that you want, and downloads them. When you click the link for the SSBM soundtrack here, you grab the tracker, and then start downloading the files (the .torrent is the tracker, but most people dont' even see that file) Once you have the tracker, you start downloading from other people who want the same thing. So, unless you go to one of the sites that the FBI's investigating, you're pretty save downloading, just be sure to look out for fake files(as with all P2P apps) and don't let anyone catch you selling things you BT.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net