Author Topic: did i mention?  (Read 24676 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 11:03:49 pm »
THAT SHOW WAS AWESOME! I wonder if they made a season dvd of it... THAT'D BE SO COOL! I haven't seen that show in years!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
did i mention?
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 09:35:57 pm »
Ugh, I hated that show, honestly.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the original movie (I haven'e seen it in around 10 years [lost it], but if I watched it now, I would probably remember every part),  but I just never liked  the series.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 10:17:09 pm »
I hope you liked Transformer's, at the least. If you don't, I'll sic Ultramagnus on you.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 10:29:23 pm »
Honestly, I never saw Transformers.  It was on before I was born and never looked like they put it back on the air.

(By "Transformers" I mean the original series, not the crappy spin-offs and other series)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 10:50:52 pm »
oh, but of course. The new shows don't deserve the name "Transformers". If they called it "Gobots v. 2", then yes, I would approve of them more. But no, not Transformers.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
did i mention?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 02:34:06 pm »
Heh, Gobots... that sounds funny for some reason. I only saw a few episodes of the original Transformers, so that's pretty much lost on me. I remember awesomeness and not much else. However, did you ever see the Transformers BeastMasters spinoff? That was pretty badass.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 04:29:31 pm »
Good that all you remembered of Transformers was awesomeness, but I actually loathe beastmasters. The only good transformers in my eyes is giant, huge robots with frickin huge guns. THAT is a Transformer. (And gobots sucked horribly, they honestly did. I couldn't stand them.)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
did i mention?
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 04:39:59 pm »
I don't know what Gobots are (I thought you made them up...)

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 08:08:32 pm »
I sure didn't make them up. Ugh. Think Transformers, only less violent, less cool, bad voice acting, horrible drawings, ugly transformations and everything is white with a couple other colors. It was bland, ugly, and horrid. It was obviously made for little kids, since virtually no violence was present. Transformers were INFINENTLY better than Gobots. (compare the theme song. "Gobots! *insert cheesy song* The Gobots!" compare that to: "TRANSFORMERS! More that meets the eye!" Ah, yeah.... *hums transformers theme to self*)

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
did i mention?
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 08:12:45 pm »
I liked Tranformers Beast Wars. Even had the old playstation game.

That's what I think to be the LAST good Transformers series. Used to watch it everyday before school man.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
did i mention?
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 03:04:32 am »
Aah, where I lived they only showed it on Saturdays, lucky you. When I think, if they had any good cartoons in the morning where I lived, I wouldn't be the type to stay up late. I'd always wake up early.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 08:22:01 am »
I remember how it was for me growing up...

After school: Gargoyles

Saturdays: Transformers, Talespin, Ducktales, and a couple others that're really good but I can't htink of right now...

My cartoon life as a kid was always really good. Soon as I get home, BAM! Gargoyles. Soon as I get up on Saturdays, BAM! Talespin was on. (That old show was great....)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
did i mention?
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 07:31:44 pm »
Dude, I loved TaleSpin and Ducktales! In fact, a few years ago, they played Duck Tales after school and I watched it all the time. Man, those shows were great.

qualityretro.net

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 08:29:57 pm »
Talespin and Ducktales, now there's something we can all agree on.  I loved those shows.  But, Darkwing Duck was the best =D

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
did i mention?
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 11:27:05 pm »
"Let's get dangerous!" Damn, that show was great. Too bad it was only on cable when it came out, and I only had peasent vision. But still, I had the NES game atleast, and after a year it was on the local stations, and I loved that show.