Author Topic: Anyone suggest a pick-me-up?  (Read 11965 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Anyone suggest a pick-me-up?
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:31:20 am »
I've been feeling rather down recently, and I have valid reasons for it.

1. People seem to be avoiding me on MSN, and I usaully only see Clest online anymore.
2. After I beat Descent, I've had no desire to play my second favorite game of all time. I've tried other games, but to no avail.
3. I broke my shiny wireless headphones. Bleh. They were nice ones, too.
4. My grandpa just died today. Go figure.
5. TPH music is BitTorrent only. And I don't use BT. Bleh. At least the reason is for too much popularity.

Anyone suggest a way that I can cheer up? I need all the help I can get....

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 02:46:42 am »

CHEER UP, LITTLE DUCK! TOUCH AND PLAY!

At least you're not this guy:

Wait, that's not meant for you...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa...
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Kary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:51:12 am »
HA HA HA! Another classic Lazlo post. I'm gonna call him little duck now.
azlo Falconi wrote:
"Stop signs are just suggestions."

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 03:05:57 am »
By the by, Swift, I've tried to contact you on MSN on more than one occasion (twice, even!) and you never replied.

qualityretro.net

Kary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 03:27:31 am »
HA! I fixed that right quick.
azlo Falconi wrote:
"Stop signs are just suggestions."

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 09:15:54 am »
swift, you should give bt a try. i think you'll find that it's more or less the same as direct downloading now (except that you can't stream the files and play them), unless you have an out of this world internet connection.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 10:19:59 am »
yea, sorry to hear about all that, but things will get better (i promise). and if theres anything we at TPH can do, let us know

maybe we can decorate your house in mistletoe while you're sleeping and then give you nice "surprises" throughout the day...
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 12:00:40 pm »
Quote from: "protoman"
swift, you should give bt a try. i think you'll find that it's more or less the same as direct downloading now (except that you can't stream the files and play them), unless you have an out of this world internet connection.
I detest BT as well because it's horribly slow for me.  I don't know if I have the right program or what (I use BitComet) because BT just seems so slow I can't even use it.  Ah well, it doesn't matter, I already have everything on here saved on my computer already, heh.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 12:12:34 pm »
I couldn't get most of the songs in the first place. But no worries, my dial-up is here to stay, at least until I get my own place. Then I'll try my damndest to get hooked up to the Canada Superline. 4 GB A SECOND THERE, BABY! EAT MY DUST WHEN I GET THAT, FRICKERS! That's many times faster than most comps can think even. Maybe I'll donate the excess bandwidth to you poor americans, and your lack of the Canada Superline. (Unless you have your own, in which case bleh to you.)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 02:01:06 pm »
don't you mean ... 4 MEGAbits a second? >_>

four gigabytes a second is scary ... that's all of tph in less than three seconds ... except the server's hard drive probably wouldn't be able to read it that fast ... much less your hard drive write it that fast. >_<

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:10:32 pm »
1) People  avoid you? Well I have been at my aunt and uncle for the past week or so. And my uncle doesn't use MSN messanger, or aim or anything.

2) Then your retarded. GAMES ARE THE ANSWER TO ALL RIDDLES!!! I suggest RE4 (Just got it yesterday =^-^=)

3) I don't use headphones.  But headphones are no reason to be down, find a way to get new ones.

4) .....I can't think of anything to say that would cheer you up. Family deaths, or even just close friend death SUCKS. But, carry on his legancy. I'm pretty sure being morbid about this death won't do you any good. So find something else that will.

5)....Have you smoked yourself retarded?....Seriously...WTH? It's not only bittorrent (unless in my away time it was made that way, which would be stupid anyways). And even if it was. You KNOW someone who could just send it to you. And I'm pretty sure you can guess who. ;)

Cheer uop. Becuase Nobody likes a morbid basterd....
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 04:30:27 pm »
Me....that's who!  *Steals Swiftman*
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 05:12:52 pm »
Alright, good advice Trigger. Find a cure for this one:

6) Kagemitsu, the little mute guy, the really nice 3D modeler, the guy that can't stand up to girls to save his life, has died today.

That's right, Kagemitsu died. He fell down 30 steps of stairs, and landed on his neck. His head was a funny angle, and we knew what had happened. We called the hospital, and they came and picked him up. We called his parents, and they don't blame me at all. They understood that Kag was a very good friend and we would do nothing to hurt him. His sister is bawling like heck. But, so is Lacus. Damn, I'm surprised my keyboard still works from these tears of mine...

Oh yeah, one more thing.
7) My parents might break up. It's not for sure, but i've seen these symtoms before in Garlands folks, and I don't think it'll be long.

You know, all this would be much easier to take over the course of a year or two. NOT IN THE SAME FUCKING WEEK! Oh, damn. I think I'll put on a sad song and cry myself to sleep. But, it's only 4:00 pm. Oh, goodness. This is tthe worst week of my life. What have I done to deserve this? I haven't commited any major sins, I don't have an 'unclean' mind, I DON'T FUCKING DESERVE THIS! It's just one thing after another around here. I need something to drink... A strong root beer would do wonders...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 08:22:57 pm »
You know my thoughts on this...

qualityretro.net

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 08:49:05 pm »
...Swiftman...uh...Oh, God, I'm no good at this...I've had to cheer people up in situations before.  I thought you were like me and you get  depressed for no reason sometimes.  But, as soon as I read that post, everything went to a screeching halt.  I was gonna say something witty to cheer you up before, but being the  shy, quiet person I am, I kinda didn't.  But I feel I need to say something, now.  Now I understand why you're feeling so bad.  I must say, you're dealing with it much better than I have.  At least you can still joke around in times of tragedy.  Yes, I know some dumb joke can't cheer you up, I know how you feel.  I've been going through some bad times that I never told many people about through the past few months, but this is nothing compared to what happened to you.  I really shouldn't complain about my problems, I feel selfish now for thinking my life was doing bad....  I can't think of much more to say, to be honest.  I'm no good in these situation, sorry...  All I mean is, we'll all miss Kag, he was a cool little guy.  Hope everything turns out good between your parents, too.  It'll all work out sooner or later.  Always try to think positive (Funny, you're hearing this from the most negative person and the guy with the lowest self-esteem on the forum).  Sorry I can't say much else.  I wish I could.[/list]