General > General Music

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Audio Quality (READ ME FIRST!)

<< < (2/4) > >>

protoman:
yes. don't ask me how an ac powered device won, but it did. i guess maybe they've been cleaning up the circuitry with every release (putting things more into single ic's), and that keeps the noise down. probably the same reason the nomad sounds so good.

neothe0ne:
Wait, you're saying battery-power sounded better than being plugged into an outlet??  :shock:

protoman:
one would think, right? i mean, dc power would be cleaner than having to transform it, and then relying on the transformer to produce clean dc and not interfere with everything and its mother. that was my thinking, anyway.

Swiftman:
Battery powered consoles usually have less background noises (eg: GBA has almost no background noises to it's music, but that was almost all of the Genesis's music.)

Sophih:
uhhh...I didn't understand a word of that but i got the general idea, but i can understand the battery thing. It's to my understanding( FUZZY ) say that maybe there's too much electricty and it might make a minuet static sound like when the CD is playing with the VOL too loud inbetween tracks you hear a static sound. Right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version