Author Topic: Residen Evil: Moline  (Read 23137 times)

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Residen Evil: Moline
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:44:42 pm »
This is a game/story I started on Megaman the Legend.  But sence there are soooooo few people, I decided (thanks to a little hint by Drifter aka Trigger) to move it here, so here is the intro, as it is on MMtL.

A Resident Evil story, taking place in my home town of Moline. That about sums it up...oh, and you, thats right, YOU can join along as an active member of my hometown. Enjoy.

It was a hot and sticky mid May day at the Moline High School, in Moline, Illinois. The sky was overcaste, and there was a slight breeze in the air. It is 10:30 am on a Wednesday, and all the students are in class.

It is then seen that the principle of the school, Principal Keller, is walking the halls, looking for kids who might me skipping class. He suddenly comes accross Dane Madson, a kid with a record of truency and all around delinquency. He was slumped down in a corner, asleep, with headphones blaring in his ears.

"All right, up now. Your late for class." Barked the principal.

But Dane did not seem to hear him.

"I said, UP!! Or you get a detention."

Still no response.

"I said UP you lazy brat."

He then goes and twists the kids ear in order to get his attention, but just then, the kids ear twists right off.

"What in the name of..."

Dane then looks up at the principal, his eyes pale and glazed over. It is also seen that his mouth is caked with blood, and where his lips should be, are nothing but an angry grin as his teeth show through. It appears that he has bitten off his own lips.

"Oh, my lord."

Before Dane can do anything else, the Principal runs off and into the main office, where he calls for all the students to leave the building immediatley.

In a matter of moments, the students flee the building, but stop short as the see what looks like a mob gathered outside the school. Before anyone could react, the mob moved in on the students and faculty.

No one survived.

Or so we think.

It appears that the "good" students of Mr. Lindour's 3rd period study hall had fallen asleep and were abandoned in the class. They alone seem to be the only survivors.

They doze on. Obliviouse of the horror that lurks just outside there school walls.

Suddenly, there is a loud crash, like the sound of glass being broken in the hall. The noise is so loud, that the students jump awake...

If you want to be a part, now is you chance to join in the story. You take on the roll as one of the several students in the study hall that survived. So, let the game begin.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 10:27:35 pm »
Well, although I despise the resident evil series, I love zombie movies. Especially cheesy zombie movies starring horney teenagers. I'm in, except that I wouldn't wake up short of a zombie chewing on my face...
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 03:52:04 am »
Looks like you took my advice alright. Here there will be plenty of people playing. XD

Me included.

Jason "Trigger" Campbell *thumbs up* Let's rock.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 09:37:45 am »
@Lazlo:  I have never even played a Resident Evil game, but this whole thing was based off of a conversation I had with some of my friends one night, who all of which happen to avid Resident Evil fans.  I mostley came up with the back story bassed on such great movies as Night of the Living dead, and Revenge of the Living Dead, and Shaun of the dead.

OH and by the way, you can by Peter "Lazlo" Falconi.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 11:53:01 am »
Nice. My special skills include tetris (or space efficincy, whatever you like) and a gameboy with pretty much everything on it.

qualityretro.net

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 12:11:56 pm »
My SKills include:

Ass whoopery
|,,337 @77/-\(|<$ /-\||/|] 7@(71($
Lazy (not advised to be used near Zombies >_>)

And many more that I'm too lazy to mention right now.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 07:32:11 pm »
Devon "Swift" Kirk, reporting for duty!

skills include:
High speed and agility
Knowledge of mechanical constructions (ie: cars, mechs, etc)
Knowledge of how to drive cars and mechs
Uber writing skills
PWNage of virtually all platform games (megaman, Gradius, etc)
Non-laziness, when inspired to work

darkryu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 07:40:53 pm »
yo swirt get on msn

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 11:12:14 pm »
Hokay, we got three people.  Lets go.

Swift, Lazlo, and Trigger, groggily wake up, only to find the class room to be empty.  They are on the second floor, on the north east side of the building, so they can't see what is going on outside through the windows.

CRASH

They hear another breaking noise.  Sounds like someone is breaking glass in the hallway.

What do you do?

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 11:15:00 pm »
Swift got up and out of his desk. "Hey, Trigger. What was that?"
Trigger rolled slightly. "Don't know, don't care. Lemme sleep."
Swift went to Trigger and gave him a smack on the shoulder. "Wake up, lazy. There's someone out there wrecking stuff."
"So?"
"SO, if we catch him, we'll get rewarded, right?"
"A good reward for me is people that know when to leave a sasquatch sleeping."
Swift sighed. "Fine, I'll go look myself."
Swift went up to the shut classroom door. There was glass in it, but it was translucent and one couldn't see through it.
Swift Gripped the knob and turned. He gave the door a quick push, revealing the immediate hallway to his vision.
Nothing.
Swift looked down one direction of the hallway, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. He looked down the other way, and saw a student wrecking the trophy case with what looked like a baseball bat.
"Psst! Hey, guys!" Swift whispered loudly in the class. "There's someone out here wrecking stuff! Let's gang up on him!"
Trigger just moaned, but Lazlo convinced him to get up by prodding him in the ribs. They both went to the door, and saw the teen wrecking the glass.
"Pheh. Easy. It's just a bat." Trigger said and took a step out. Swift put an arm across the door and blocked his path.
"Just a bat? Look closely. Do bats usually bleed?"
Upon closer inspection, they noticed that flecks of red liquid flew out of the bat at every hit.
"Whatever. If we're fast, we can grab the bat and push him against the wall." Lazlo suggested. "Swift, you grab the bat and Trigger will put him in a headlock and press him against the lockers."
Swift and Trigger nodded. Swift put out three fingers, then two, one, and they were off.
The three of them ran towards the vandal. Swiftly Swift grabbed the bat with two hands ad puled it out of his hands. Trigger put one arm around the neck of the vandal and slammed him against the wall. Swift realized that the bat indeed feel funny. He inspected it closer, and realized with horror that is was in fact a human foreleg, missing an ankle and knee joints.
"GUH!" Swift dropped the leg on the floor, then started to brush his hands off. "That thing was a leg!"
Trigger looked skeptically at Swift, but Lazlo bent down and looked.
"Yep. Definetly a leg." Lazlo said and stood again.
"SICK!" Trigger gave the neck of the vandal a tighter squeeze. "How' d you get a freaking leg, huh? Talk!"
"Lemme look him in the face." Lazlo said. Trigger took his captor off the wall and Lazlo stared him in the eye.
The eyes staring back weren't human, however.
"GRAH! Motherland, what the hell?" Lazlo jumped back and tripped over Swift, who was tieing his shoelaces.
The eyes were devoid of life, completely pupil-less and stared blankly into space.
Trigger held onto him tighter. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Wait! I've seen this before!" Swift yelled out after helping Lazlo up. "This looks like it's from Resident Evil!"
"I've never played those." Lazlo said.
"Niether have I, but I've seen the movies. Looks like the T-virus, to me." Swift said knowledgeably.
"So what? Now what do we do?" Trigger asked expectantly.
"Only one thing we can do. Kill it."
Lazlo gapsed slightly, but Trigger got a grin.
"Let me do it. I can squeeze his head off right here and now." Trigger flexed his muscles and squeezed harder.
"Go ahead. I'm not cleaning your clothes afterwards." Swift said and took a step back.
"He won't have to squeeze it off. Look!" Lazlo said and ran down the other way down the hallway. Swift followed, and Trigger carried his captive along as he followed.
Lazlo reached into a locker and found a real baseball bat, made of aluminum. "That'll work better than Trigger's arms."
"We'll let Trigger do the honors. He seems more the type to kill with a blunt weapon." Swift said. "Trigger, PULL!"
Trigger let go of the zombie, Lazlo tossed him the bat, Trigger moved the bat back, then gave it a home run swing.
The aluminum bat connected with the head of the zombie. The head detached from the neck, and the body fell slump to the floor, spreading blood on the terazzo tile.
Swift grinned. "Nice."
They watched the corpse bleed for a second, Trigger toting the bat in his hands proudly. The blood pool grew quickly, the red liquid reaching into the corners.
Swift suddenly raised his arm. "Wait! Hear that?"
They both fell silent. All they could hear was a sound coming from behind them.
Swift jumped over the blood and went to the classroom across the hall from their own. Swift put an ear on the door and listened.
It sounded like snuffling, or someone crying.
"Hey, guys! Over here!" Swift said and waved the others over.
They both ran over, Trigger readying his bat again.
"Ready? Go!"
Swift threw the door open and Trigger jumped in, bat at the ready. He heard a scream and the sound of shuffling feet.
"Wait, Trig!" Swift ran into the room. "I recognize that scream...."
Swift pushed Trigger to the side and ran up and down the rows of desks. He glanced under the table at the back of the room, and saw a pair of eyes glinting under it.
Swift quickly ran up to the table, squatted down on one knee and poked a head in.
The greatest sigh of relief was heard from under the table. "Oh, good... It's you, not another zombie..."
Only one person had that voice in the whole world.
"Morrigan? Thank goodness I found you before a zombe did!"
Swift crawled under the table and into the shadows with Morrigan.
"Heads up!"
Lazlo dived into the classroom and Trigger spun with his bat.
Another infected zombie lurched into the room. It looked to be like Triffo, the star quarterback and main bully of the school.
Trigger grinned and swung his bat, directly at the neck of the zombie. It connected, making a great cracking noise as the neck bone snapped. Another hit dislocated the head from the torso, effectively killing it.
"I've ALWAYS wanted to do that." Trigger said and took a paper towel to clean the bat off.

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 11:33:54 pm »
Well, how I was hopping to get this to work is that I set up a series of events, and you respond with your reaction.  Like here, you have a choice of going out in the hall to look, or staying, or doing whatever the heck you want.  As long as it doesn't infringe on the main plot.

Kind of like an RPG of sorts.  I wont be in the story, at least, not yet.  I do live here.*the city in the story*

Remember, your at a school, so if you look around, you can find whatever you want, as long as it is something you would find at a school, right now, in a study hall class.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 11:53:13 pm »
Kinda like that, Skull?

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 12:04:50 am »
Well, that'll work this time.  That wasn't quite what I had in mind, but that does intruduce more of the story.  Thanks by the way, very indepth.

I was thinking more along the lines of letting the people play out there own individual rolls.  But actually, what you did was really good, and I think I like that better, just as long as nobody goes as far as to intruduce anymore new characters or events without asking first.

BUT MAN!!!!  That was friggin' sweet!!!  Now I will have to think about what should happen next.  I will get back to you on it.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 12:22:27 am »
"Hey, where's Swift?" Lazlo asked, then noticing the shuffling under the table. "What are they..." He mused, as he jumped on the table and pulled it away from them. "Mwehehe, none of that kinky stuff in school now, save it for the webcams!"
THUD!
A zombie had plastered herself against the window looking towards the hall. "He can't get to us." Siwftman said, not really paying attention.
"Hey, Swift, you said these guys looked like zombies, and I guess they sorta do, but how do we know this is real? It might be some sick reality show, you know, like Scare Tactics. Besides, if it's not... They can't be zombies... Trigger, if they're not zombies, then you've just killed two people. Come on, we need to get out of the school, to somewhere safe where we can think about this." Lazlo started to walk towards the door. "C'mon, Trigger's house is closest, and I don't want to walk all the way to mine." Lazlo was still a bit drowsy from the nap he just took, that and the fact that he'd stayed up untill 4AM talking to nards on the internet.

((Swift, I like the way you portrayed me, but I think instead of jumping back I'd have just said "What the hell..?"))

qualityretro.net

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 12:54:11 am »
So foolishly, Swift, Lazlo, Trigger, and Morrigan make there way down the hall, and down the stairs.

But they freeze halfway down the stairs and just look out the large windows that lead to the ground floor.

Swift, under his breath."My god, this most certainly isn't any reality show I've ever seen"

This few words were all that was needed to sum up the sight they saw outside.  Cars were overturned, and dead bodies of the students and faculty were layed out about the front of the school.  Stooped over many of the bodies were foul ghouls, much like the ones they just killed, devouring the dead bodies.  It took almost all of there might to keep down there lunch at the grusome sight.

"DAMN IT!!  Where the hell did I put that!"

An angry voice is heard down on the first floor.  The immeadiatly recognize it as the voice of there Biology teacher, Curtis Butterfield.

Trigger, in his typical laid back manner, "Hey, Butters sounds like he needs help, lets see what he wants."

The four creep down the stairs, were they see the bodies of at least a dozen zombies, dead, if you'll parden the pun, on the floor.  They then see Butterfield looking into a hole the wall.  It looks like somekind of secret cubbie hole.

"I knew I had it here somewhere.  If only I....Oh god, not more."

Butterfield turns upon the kids and is about to attack, but then stops.

"Oh, thank god your not more of them.  I already had to kill 10 of my students.  I was hoping not to have to kill more."  reaches into his socks and pulls out 4 7-inch hunting knives.  He is the only teacher at school allowed to legal carry weapons, for reasons still unclear.  "You need these for now.  I'm trying to find the gun I hid in the wall here, put someone seems to have already taken it."  *hands over the knives*  "Now, if you'll excuse me.."

"Wait!!!"  called Lazlo,  "We need to get to Trigger's house, could you get us a ride?"

frowing, "Your kidding.  You really want to go out there?  They'll tear you apart.  You wont stand a chance."

Morrigan, "Please, you need to help us."

"*sigh*, Fine, follow me, but stay close, we don't know how many more are in here."

Butterfield then leads the four kids to the school's garage.  The halls are dead silent along the way.  There appears to be no sign of anymore zombies, or survivors, inside the school.

"Okay, here we are, hop in."

Infront of them stands a GMC Jimmy, with an environmental liscence plate that says prym8 on it.  Your theries on the Hippie like tendancies of your teacher are confirmed, yet, the fact that he had knives and a gun at school still seems unsettling.

"Well, are we going or not?"

Everyone gets inside.  Slowly, that garage door opens.  The coast is clear.

"So, where do you guys want to go again?"

"My place."  Replied Trigger.

"Okay, hold on, I expect that this could get rough pretty soon here."

The doors suddenly lock, and the ignitionn is turned.  Death Metal is heard blaring out of the car stereo.

"Oops, heh heh."

Butterfield, with a nervouse look quickly turns off the stereo.

They are now on the road.  Halfway to Trigger's house, they come across a group of zombies.

Morrigan, shrieking, "NO!!! Not again."

Butterfield, "Hold on, this will be rough.  Very rough"

Without thinking, Butterfield plows through the zombies.  Crushing maybe 4 or 5.

"STOP!!!  There's my place!"  Called Trigger.

"You sure you want out?  I could take you a to a much safer place."

Swift,  "No, this is fine.  Thanks again Butters."

"...whatever"

The kids get out of the car, there are no zombies in sight, except for the pieces that are still stuck to the grill of the Jimmy.