Author Topic: The frustrating-ness of parents  (Read 10012 times)

Buraqina

• View Profile
    • http://buraqina.deviantart.com AND http://www.buraqina.co.uk/Petz/Index.html
The frustrating-ness of parents
« on: July 24, 2005, 07:55:35 am »
My Mum has just come up to tell me I have 10 minutes left before I go out with my Dad and it's raining and I should put my big coat on.

I have a clock in the bottom-right of my screen and I'm sitting right beside a bloody window. I think I could have worked it out for myself...¬¬

Gah, my parents drive me MAD sometimes >< Anyone else got good tales of frustrating and/or stupid things parents do? I need reassurance I'm not the only one being treated like I'm still 5 years old x.x
esencorage os porcos gordos de comer bolo de polvo!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 08:30:32 am »
Any time I ask my mom to take me somewhere, she tells me to get my drivers license, but any time I mention trying to get it she goes off on me and tells me to find some owhter way -_-
Social lives are for squares anyway.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 10:51:33 am »
My mom still calls me scooter-pie and stuff like that. While I wouldn't mind it near as much from Morrigan, from my mom it's really fecking annoying. I hate it. She doesn't realize that my age is 2 digits, not one.

My dad is cool though. He encourages me to shoot things with guns. (we only have two guns, but nonetheless, they're guns) he also encourages me to fight my brother and not run from him. He's doing a damn fine job of making me a man, and I appreciate it. (he used to treat me like a kid, then I gave him one of my more violent stries and BAM! He realized I was a teenager, not a kid.)

But yes, I find it very annoying when my mom overstates the obvious, and her ever more annoying names for me (it's DEVON, NOT SCOOTER PIE! GRRRUUAUH!!!!) and how one time I was talking to Clest and Lazlo and they just up and say "Let's go get ice cream!" and they try to bring me. It's a cold day! I don't want ice cream! And we have 4 liters of it in the freezer! All I want to do is talk to my friends!

As Lazlo would say in my situation: GRAH! MOTHERLAND!

But yeah, my mom ain't good, but my dad is cool.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 12:49:17 pm »
haha my mom also states the obvious, and weirdly my Dad calss ME Scooter also (but not scooter-pie thank God)

and my Mom is deaf I swear. I'll say, "Mom, why are you yelling at me, we're watching Mortal Kombat." and shell say, "what?! Goblins?!"
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 02:47:21 pm »
Quote from: "Herb"
and my Mom is deaf I swear. I'll say, "Mom, why are you yelling at me, we're watching Mortal Kombat." and shell say, "what?! Goblins?!"

Bwa HAH hah... hahahahahaha.  Hah... whew.  ::wipes a bemused tear away from behind his shades::  AHEM.

The only way to show your parents that you're a competent individual human being, is to act like one.  I wouldn't know about y'all, but I knew many kids who complained about the same sort of things, but didn't realize how much they actually depend on their parents.  Mom still woke them up in the morning, Dad still paid for their car, etc.  I realize that exact situation probably doesn't apply to many of you, but you see what I mean.  Someone's providing food and place for you to live.  Sure, that's expected of them these days, but they have every right to treat you as such a dependent, hmm?  Even having your own job isn't enough.  Do absolutely as much as you can by yourself.  Shop, drive, hobby, plan, make income, EVERYTHING you can, all by your onsey.

If you delve into the real world as deep as is required to accomplish this (especially at such a young age), believe me, even if your mother still calls you "Scooter-Pie", you will be damn happy there's someone on Earth who still gives enough of a shit about you to give you an adoring pet name.  A true and proud man or woman commands enough respect all by themselves by sheer personality, regardless of how they are referred to.  If you've read the original Robin Hood by Louis Rhead (Hollywood does NOT count), then you'd know Little John is a shining example of this fact.

Now, here are the keys to the Chevy BattleMech, but be back by midnight or call!

Zaijian,
Tiger

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 04:20:15 pm »
Good advice, Tiger. However, I DO act mature and things in front of my parents. My dad has seen me act like that, but NOT my mom. I don't even like my mom. I don't WANT her calling me that. I get all the adoration I want from Morrigan. I don't want my mom's.

And no thanks, I'm more a Dodge or Chrysler man myself. *gets in Paralax brand Pyro-GX and flies to Charon*

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 11:48:31 pm »
My parents stole all my game stuff. . .

>_>

That's a PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Genesis, about 30 anime DVDs, and somewhere in the region of 100+ games for all of them.  It's an estimate, but I think it's close.  It's at least worth $500 in total (a lot was used), and she just took it.  I just turned 18 too; that makes it even more bitter.

Apparently stealing all my property will make me more responsible. . .
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 12:10:44 am »
That's why Grand Theft Audio has a growing adult sales market, Peaches.  Your parents are taking tips!  ...you don't have any Assault Kalishnikovs in your house do you?  Or nitrous oxide tanks?

Zaijian,
Tiger

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 09:24:57 am »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
but NOT my mom. I don't even like my mom. I don't WANT her calling me that.

That's horrible, Swift. I'll admit that normally, I don't get along very well with my mom. Usually, in fact, we're arguing over some stupid little thing, but no matter what, at the end of the day, she's my mother, and I love her. Your mom does a lot for you, that you probably don't realize. My mom drives me to work, she often makes me breakfast. She makes me do things I don't want to do, becuase they'll be a good experiance later. She even cuts my grilled-cheese sandwitches into little triangles, so that we can hold onto that bond we shared when I was younger.
Of course, this may be different for you. I'm the oldest of my siblings, so I'm expected to grow up faster than the others. But I still want to be a kid, I want to do what I want, without the thought of "Crap, I have to be at work in the morning."
Since you have at least an older brother that I've heard of, you may have been treated like a kid longer, and maybe this has been frustrating, but believe me, being grown up is not where it's at. You can say, "Lazlo, you don't know anything about the real world yet, you're just in a hightschool job so stop preaching to me about all this," but you know, there are plenty of 35 year olds working with me. Not paying for college, but paying bills. My parents feed me, give me free gas, and keep under a roof... most of the time, And I wouldn't have it any other way. Adults suck, and that's all there is too it. Be a teenager while you can, it's a lot of fun I've heard.

qualityretro.net

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
    • http://clest.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 10:16:32 am »
Well I fully support Lazlo here! *calls out a dozen mechs for support fire*

Indeed I never was excited about being 18 or anything... maybe because my teenage times were crap and I wanted more time to do things since I only got more friends, money and internet by 19... when I had to work :P

Really Bu saw how it was bad for me having to worry about my bills, this considering that I live with my grandma and my mom helps me out and my dad pays half the university...

So I ask: why bother with those silly things parents do or say? Ppl must learn to filter what they hear, thats half way to happiness, if I didnt learned that Id have killed a lot of ppl already. My grandma rant and say things all the time, but unless it is important or relevant I simple ignore, she just said by the habit of saying or because she have a diferent viewpoint, from which I know she cant see my point, so I wont waste my time talking back :P
center>
I love you, my plincess =^.^=

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 02:36:44 pm »
Yes, I can see why you guys appreciate having parents, but really, I can't stand mine. I can barely tolerate my dad, cool as he is. There's a bunch that goes on here that I don't let on. Lacus knows of them rather well.

But really, all I want is escape from my parents. Hell, if I had the money, I'd buy a one way ticket to Kyoto and leave Canada for a while. I would liek that....

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 02:49:34 pm »
While I admit, it's not all fun and games with my parents (believe me, it's not) I still could never live too far from them. How else will I raid thier fridge when I'm older?  :wink:

qualityretro.net

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 09:48:15 pm »
lyrics from a popular Ataris' (the band, not the system) song

~Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up;
~These are the best days of our life
~he only thing that matters is just following your heart,
~and eventually you'll finally get it right
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 09:01:44 am »
Good words Herb, but to be honest, I have virtually no love for my parents. Them and I don't see eye to eye (not because I'm 3 inches taller than them) They just have certain viewpoints that I don't share, and I really don't like it when they start talking the way they sometimes do, and it bugs the crap outta me. Plus, the food in their fridge is hardly any good. I would much rather spend my own money (if I had any) and buy the food I want, not 4 bottles of wostechure sauce.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 02:30:00 pm »
That's sad.  I've had problems with conflicting views, but it never really came between us.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]