Author Topic: UPDATE [2005.02.12]  (Read 12852 times)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« on: February 12, 2005, 03:00:25 am »
the sound of the underground

TPH Presents: Mega Man: The Wily Wars!

Coming at you from 1994 is the elusive, Sega Channel exclusive Mega Man "All Stars" game. Known as Rockman Megaworld in Japan and released in English only in the PAL territories, Mega Man: The Wily Wars became something of a collector's item after its run on the Sega Channel here in the US. TPH co-conspirators Rachel Moore and MugenMidget contributed $70 of the $100 total cost (plus shipping) of this baby, but it was worth every penny. As always, TPH is all about the real deal. These tracks are 100% legitimate - recorded from real hardware. If you've never heard the remixes from Wily Wars before, do yourself a favor and check them out right now.

On a more personal note, Mega Man: The Wily Wars holds a special place in my heart because, yes, it was the first Mega Man game yours truly ever played. A devout Sega fanatic at the time, I would have never dreamed I would fall so in love with the music and the gameplay of a franchise found almost exclusively on the game systems of the competitor. Nintendo notwithstanding, I knew I had to share Mega Man music with the entire world, and so I began to buy game after game and system after system, preparing for the day when I could distribute the music to more people than just those living within earshot of my house. Finally, on 2 August, 1996, the website before you began, and it will never stop.

Also included in this update is the Rockman Theme Song Collection. This album (bought in Japan) has most of the vocal music used in Rockman games of the past couple years. My favorite is One More Chance from Yukie Nakama (Rockman X4's Ending) - I was obsessed with this track the first time I heard it in 1998, and I'm still obsessed with it today. Check it out!

- Protoman

--
EDIT: I added all of the new tracks to TPH Mega Man Radio. This includes the Mega Man tracks from the previous update as well!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:42:34 am »
Ah, I've been waiting for the Wily Wars for a long time!  Now I never have to listen to my WAV dumps ever again!  Once again, you rule!  And even the Rockman Vocal Collection?  Now I can fiunally hear most of the Japanese music!  Thanks so much!

Anonymous

UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 12:18:03 pm »
wow.. another update so soon?  gj  :D

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 09:32:57 pm »
You rock! That is the greatest thing ever.......
eft.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 09:37:34 pm »
jeez, just when i thought i had enough megaman songs BAM 81 + 11 more songs!!!! Im gonna have to play wily wars soon, because last time i played it i thought it was bad because it wasnt the exact megaman im used to
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 10:00:56 pm »
Quote from: "Herb"
jeez, just when i thought i had enough megaman songs BAM 81 + 11 more songs!!!! Im gonna have to play wily wars soon, because last time i played it i thought it was bad because it wasnt the exact megaman im used to

Yeah, to me it seems a bit strange.  Have you ever noticed that Megaman's shots are a bit slower than they are in the NES games?  Seems like you can fire faster in the NES games, I mean.

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 01:37:45 am »
Just try firing a shot in that one floodgate part of Wily's Castle in Mega Man to see how slow they really go. =)
ric!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 01:39:12 am »
yep ... it's especially annoying if you shoot something the shots bounce off of three times, because then you have to wait friggin forever for the shots to go off the screen to be able to fire again or change weapons. :/ i still love my wily wars, though.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 12:58:27 pm »
Yeah. Wily Wars was a great game. I like pretty much all 8-16 bit remakes, like the power battle/fighters cps2 games. I just like hearing my favorite songs remade into improved quality.
This site is simply amazing. You cover games I've never even heard of! Excellent job, protoman.

Wiryami

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 09:42:13 pm »
Protoman, you're the most caring webmaster I've ever seen.
I bet they sound alot better than in .gym format, but hardrive space is an issue. :cry:
he residue of many who are about to die
Emit from the Tragic Castles which I now reside
Come before 7, that's when they close the blinds

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 10:26:46 pm »
Nope, no emulator formats here. protoman's all about the ungainly-sized files.
ric!

Mega Buster

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.12]
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2005, 11:31:15 am »
This is why I come here...love the music!  Kudos, Protoman!  :D