Author Topic: How has your month been?  (Read 15604 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 01:12:46 am »
I do what I can, Skull. And Patience comes naturally to those with dial-up. But it's always been a trait with me.
"And with great patience comes the kindness that follows." As my late Grandpa said quite a bit. He saw that I was a very patient person (what with 80 cousins) and he took me aside, and told me those wise words. I've found them to be true as the time went by.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 03:44:30 pm »
Eh, double posting, but give me a break. Why?

I went to church this morning, and I came home to find 90% of my DOS games have been STOLEN!

I came home, my window wasn't shut properly, and everthing but my Lucasarts games and my Privateer CD were GONE!

Also, THEY TOOK WARCRAFT ALSO! AND LIERO, AND THEY FUCKING TOOK LIESURE SIUT LARRY!

Not jsut DOS, though. They also took: Starcraft, Fallout, Star Wars Starfighter, Nero, and Word XP. They took only software.

So, that means that the last 12 years of my gaming life has been taken in less than an hour. This is SO less than good.....

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
How has your month been?
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 06:42:21 pm »
Besides lives, everything that is stolen, can easily be gotten back.

How many people do you know have a STOCKPILE of old DOS games? Something like that shouldn't be too hard to find by the police.

The best of luck to you, in the search.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 07:29:50 pm »
I felt so terrible about this whole thing today. I don't know, it was worse than yesterday, anyway...
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 09:27:57 pm »
Most of the floppy games were already installed, and the CD stuff can be replaced by Phex. At the moment, it's not too bad. However, I will miss those Descent floppies... And Doom, and Wolfenstein, and Master of Orion... All shall be missed....

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 09:32:43 pm »
Err, I meant about Lacus. I didn't know about your games untill I got home from work.

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 09:47:54 pm »
....... The only thing I can say is that I'm sorry this happened, Swift.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 10:17:10 pm »
@Laz: Sorry, misunderstood what you said. Reading too fast, I think.

@Jehuty: Thanks. Though, it's not as bad as it could be.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 10:20:10 pm »
Err, my fualt, I put it in the wrong place.
That is not to say it doesn't suck about your DOS games, taht is terrible news as well, however, I just felt worse about Lacus today for some reason..

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 10:34:05 pm »
It's too bad I never got to meet her...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 10:45:35 pm »
She was a great person, Jehuty, I wish you would have known her, because memories of her are ones that I'll cherrish forever. *Eyes begin to tear up*

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 10:49:18 pm »
I know how it feels to have someone you know die...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 10:52:44 pm »
Feel free to share. *Points to a sign that reads "TPH support group*

qualityretro.net

Tiger

• View Profile
How has your month been?
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2005, 04:36:43 am »
Swift, it didn't feel right for me to reply to any of your other posts regarding these happenstances.  I'm not sure why, but it didn't, yet it's not quite the same this time.

I'm happy it happened like it did.  That's not to say I'm happy it happened, and I'm sure you didn't mistake it that way.  In my line of work, mortality is apparent.  Not only have I bourn witness to the deaths of many people, in many ways, both brutal and peaceful, but a few of those people have been the "everything"s in my life, and had they all gone at once, I would not be here, because there would be absolutely not reason to be, save vain hope, which is too meager a diet for the soul to survive on alone.  Luckily for me, I still have two old comrades still breathing (though breathing is literally quite hard for one), and my wife, who is the meaning of my life.

I've seen horrible things, that can never be removed from my mind, nor can the heart be fully healed, as those that die leave pain for the loved ones who are uncertain of what death brought them.  I'm saying this, because it's the closest thing I can do to shaking your hand tightly, or clasping your shoulder, nodding, and saying how thankful I am for you...

...that you got to be there when she died.  That you got to hold her and hear her.  That you were right there.  That though you could not stop the inevitable, you were there to meet it with her.  Death is not preventable, but both you and she were fortunate enough that you could face it.

It's too terrible a thing to face alone; your last moments of life drowned in desparation, hate, and fear, with a mind, body, and heart violated to the core.

I have known many who deserved so much more who were not spared such a death, so I am inexplicably happy for you.  As you mourn her death, at least take comfort in this one luxury that may have meant more to her than you know.

Peace be with you.

Zaijian,
Tiger

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
How has your month been?
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2005, 05:51:21 pm »
That was a beautiful thing,Tiger. It made me feel a bit better, at least.

qualityretro.net