Author Topic: A story I've worked on!  (Read 75731 times)

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2005, 11:27:40 am »
eh, weapons should be up to the author (aka it doesnt matter to me, unless its like a flower)

but if i HAVE to choose, id like some sort of shield, proably small-mid size. also a bowstaff or two butterfly-knives (idk if knives are allowed or not though) ive had about 3 years of balisong trainging in real life, so that would be a good representation of me (at least give me one to use incase of emergency.

and if you choose to go with the bowstaff, make it acryllic so that it is invisible when it is being spun (i have one of those too)
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2005, 05:46:21 pm »
That acryllic bowstaff sounds really neat. Maybe I'll make it so that you have to fight Deccus one-on-one first, and I'll make it like that scene with General Grievious where he spins his lightsabers to scratch the ground, only I'll make you throw the snow around in front of you, only Deccus can't see the staff doing the spinning, and you'll go into a ruthless attack. Maybe Deccus will lose again, and the next time you and him meet, they'll have to fight alongside each other.

Just a thought. I like the Grievious-esque idea for you. That scene was so cool....

Kary

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2005, 08:15:51 am »
Oh man, that General Grievious idea sounds really good. That'd be cool to see in a movie.
azlo Falconi wrote:
"Stop signs are just suggestions."

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
    • http://clest.deviantart.com/
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2005, 04:18:27 pm »
First, sorry I took so long to post in this thread :P

But... OMG! And I thought I was a good writer... your narration puts mine to the ground with ease (note that I hardly praise ppl in things that I usually do, I am truly competitive XD) really loved your story :)

My only questions are regarding the macginery, not just mechs and planes, but the now weapons also, I am still trying to figure out how wooden weapons can have mechanics sety so they can launch snow projectives so efficiently. Also how are made the cables conected to the guys backpacks and so on :)

Also I ask if you could put a "me" there XD In fact of course as part of me Laura would be there too :)

After you reply I ppost a deswcription about me or what I would be there XD Still thinking of weapony :P (just note that I live by the law: "in battle, a hand that is not carrying a weapon is useless" which means... Two handed giant weapons, or paired weapons, or both in sucession XD
center>
I love you, my plincess =^.^=

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2005, 04:29:53 pm »
NICHES. Where do they do after they're 14?
will deadly weapons be used? maybe i could have a really realy really dull halberd, or something like bras knuckles. And i think you need a Hummel
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2005, 05:06:53 pm »
Halberd? OMG! girls+polearms are cool XD I was finding of a rod like thingy too, but since we can´t pierce or slash there, I prefer ranged stuff :P You know, If I can´t kill em of or mutilate their hands, id better be safe from afar :P

IBut again, both hands must be armed full time, probably carrying big ammo suplies, or secondary weapons (I am very cautious before doing things, but after prepartaions my mind go blank, so I must rely on my preparations very well XD Also my reflexes sux, in other hand my memory is great... which means, sux for the first time at anything, but after learing it, master it :P too bad if I dioe at a first time though >.>)
center>

Kary

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2005, 05:40:05 pm »
Quote from: "Sophih"
NICHES. Where do they do after they're 14?
will deadly weapons be used? maybe i could have a really realy really dull halberd, or something like bras knuckles. And i think you need a Hummel

Once they are 14, they are sent back home to whereever they came from. And no, nothing lethal that looks like it can kill at first glance. Like fists, or an acrylic staff. They have the potential to, but they don't look like they can at first, right? That sort of things. (IE: Nothing metal)
azlo Falconi wrote:
"Stop signs are just suggestions."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2005, 11:08:37 am »
Yeah, what she said.

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2005, 09:40:03 pm »
hmmm nothing metal... then how do they craft wood? I mean, they need metal axes and knives to craff wood so perfectly as those kids do huh?
center>

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2005, 10:11:16 pm »
Remember the weapon smith, Dagor? He has metal tools for making it all. He makes about 80% of the armies equipment. (with a lot of hired help, as will be revealed later.)

And, Clest gave me good advice. A little seperate word document that gives an overview of all the characters.
So... Here goes! 2500 words of explaining goodness! 9I've only gotten to Anton so far, I will cover all characters coming and already gone)

T H E    B A D G E R ‘ S

Deccus: Deccus is a rather extraordinary boy. He is only twelve years of age, yet has seen hardship that would make a thirty year old curl in fear. Needless to say, he is very tough and hard for someone his age and is not fazed by much. He has a cold exterior and a small amount of his interior is cold as well. If you did down deep enough, you will find a warm-hearted boy who just wants to have fun.
   He is a reluctant leader, but an effective one. He was granted the Valiant rank after single-handedly turning the tide of the Battle for Styx Path. (Will be explained in-story) After being granted Valiant status, he worked with Dagor the weapon-smith for three weeks before being called to action again by the General’s request. (It is normal for new Valiant soldiers to take a month long break before taking command of a regiment of regular army soldiers or starting a team of their own. [Only Valiant ranks can start their own team, and they can include whomever they want in it, so long as the other person agrees to be in the team.])
   Deccus attended the Academy for the standard time of 3 years, then worked in the regular army for one year. His rapid increase of rank is extraordinary, but he is not the youngest Valiant rank in the Snowcraft force.
   Deccus has equipped himself with an array of equipment that more than suits his needs. He has a simple helmet, green with white stripes going across the forehead and around to the back. In the helmet is a communication unit, allowing him to talk on several wavelengths but not able to jam any lines, just listen and talk.
   His armor consists of a wooden chest plate, composed of two separate pieces, one on the back and one for the front. They can hook together with leather straps, and is very difficult to undo and take off. The top parts of the armor go over the shoulders, permanently attacked in between both pieces. Chest plate armor must be removed by lifting over the head. Deccus has a two-pieced cylindrical stomach plate, built in the same fashion as the chest plate but can hook onto the bottom of the chest plate with straps. This piece must be removed first before the chest plate can be taken off. The armor is heavy, yet still moderately flexible. All armor is a base color of green with white colorations in the form of stripes. Under all armor is a thick, down filled coat, not only for warmth but for shock absorbing also.
   The boots are simple rubber soled, non-marking black rubber, with wooden greaves for the foreleg and thighs, both hooked together with straps, and has a space between the two sections for fluid motion of the knee joint, and the space is covered on the front by a round, curved, bowl-shaped wooded slab. The arms are protected by wooden bracers for the forearm, and thick, two-pieced cylinder armor for the bicep region. Additional shoulder plates can be added on, but are unnecessary except to the heaviest of battles. The shoulder and knee-pads are white, with the bracers and greaves being totally green.
   The main part of Deccus’s armor outfit is his shield. It is used mainly in conjunction with his S-Buster, but any one-handed weapon can work. The shield is made of 5 centimeter thick Tamarack wood, the strongest known wood in North America. It is aegis-esque in shape, and slightly inclined to properly deflect heavy projectiles. It is
   Total armor weight: 30 pounds, 35 with shield, 36 with S-buster, 42 with Striker (revealed later)
(Note: all armor, bracers and greaves are custom fitted to Deccus’s body. They are not loose when fitted properly.)

Holly: Holly is hardly more girl than she is tomboy. She can take a lot of pain, have a traumatic event occur and not bat an eye-lid, she can beat a Howler with her bare fists within seconds, dodge flying projectiles with ease, and can command lower-rank soldiers impeccably. She is the third eldest child in a family of eight brothers (eldest brother is 16, second oldest is 14, second oldest was also formally in the Snowcraft force, but had to leave due to over-aging, to be revealed later)
   Her armor outfit is slightly complex and unorthodox, but she can use it all with very high effectiveness.
   Her armor is rather minimal. It consists of a one piece slip-on breastplate, composed of wood, and attachable shoulder covers. (Not plates) She has no helmet, but rather a lot of hair for protection against cold. (Is weak to head shots) She has two piece greaves for forelegs and thighs, both pieces separated along the middle and connect by ways of cloth straps. The same go for the bracers, but she doesn’t have protection for upper arms. Her boots are rubber and cloth, with insulation on the inside.
   Her weapon is lethal in her hands. Instead of packing snow into one single projectile, it streams it out in a constant stream, much like a real flamethrower would. It can confuse and cover an enemy within seconds, allowing her to hit them with her barrel or punch them to knock them out once they are disoriented. The ammo comes from a backpack filled with snow, which insures a good supply until reloading is needed. She has a small com unit on her belt, and she can’t use it while using her weapon, unlike Deccus.
   Total armor weight: 15 pounds, 16 with weapon, 22 if fully loaded ammo.

Kaeden: A large, fierce boy. He stands taller than most, and stronger than any. He grew up in a town composed of cliffs, so his upper body strength is extremely high, allowing him to lift heavy loads and use heavy weapons. His friend is Ted, and the two could be no more different than any other two people.
   His armor is a standard armor set, the same he wore in his regular army days, just recolored to be completely black, not a wise choice for where he’s at. The helmet is standard shape and thickness, only black, his armor normal chest plate with stomach protection and shoulder plates, and rather thin rubber winter boots. (They are thin since Kaeden refuses to replace them, saying he’s too busy, but he complains about them a lot.
   His weapon is, unlike his armor, a very non-standard affair. It is simply a huge, single-shot heavy rifle projectile firing snowthrower. It is much too heavy for many smaller soldiers to use, but not many could be able to withstand a hit with this fearsome weapon. Kaeden has dubbed it rather simply “Beast”, and that is exactly what it is on the field of battle. Both hands are required to use this awesome weapon, and as such Kaeden’s defense is rather low. Though, it is said “The best defense is a good offense.”
Total armor weight: 25 pounds, 35 with “Beast”, 55 with “Behemoth”

Kleth: Kleth is a piece of work, indeed. He has virtually no physical skills, but his mind has been fully developed to the point of being a child prodigy. He has never left the island he is on now, and is worried than when he turns 14 in 4 years, that he will have no where to go. His parents were only 10 years old when they had Kleth as a child, a very remarkable age but not a record breaker. Kleth’s academic skills far surpass many others that come from the Academy, and as such it automatically qualified to be a Systemator.
   His equipment varies greatly from the others, since he is not a fighter class. (There are two classes of units, fighters and support units. Units like Deccus and Kaeden are fighters, but non-fighters like Ted and Kleth are support units.)
   He has thin, fingerless gloves on his hands. The thin layer blocks rough winds but the bare fingers keep his accuracy at typing and close, micro work good. His armor on his body is virtually nonexistent, consisting of only a coat that has many pockets. Kleth is not too worried about cold, since he was born and raised on the Island, he suffers the sub-zero temperatures all day, around the clock. He has never had a case of frostbite of pneumonia, and hardly ever shivers. He has very light boots, mainly used to keep the wind and snow out and off his feet. They are minimally insulated, and are very helpful when compared to Deccus when running from battle.
   What truly makes Kleth unique is his tools. He has a utility belt that has many different tools for doing all the tasks he does. He has his master radio, which can receive, send, intercept and block up to 160 frequencies. He also has a screwdriver with multiple, switch able tips. The pride and joy of his tools, however, is his wrench. It is a high-quality chromed tool with a heavy end. He has used this for more occasions than fixing things. He uses it for self defense more often than for fixing things. Even though no one else can, Kleth can throw his wrench as a projectile weapon better than he can throw a snowball. Other equipment is his backpack of mysteries, his secondary radio, and his tazer.
Back Pack of Mysteries: No one has ever seen the full contents of Kleth’s backpack. It is filled with so many things you can hardly imagine what it really could contain. Some reported items are sandwiches, spare radios, some transmitters, a few spare tools, a couple chemicals (added to his list after the Arcania Attack) some chewing gum, a few electronic parts, a cold-proof databank, and water, kept in a thermos (to prevent freezing).
Secondary Radio: On a headset covering one ear Kleth has his secondary radio. It cannot completely jam a wavelength, like his master radio, and it can only cover 80 frequencies, but it is always on hand when he needs it, rather than having to detach his master radio from his belt.
Tazer: This handy electronic device was acquired after Kleth’s participation in the Arcania attack. Since he created the first one rather hastily, the first version lacked real power other than to annoy and spark fires. He has since revamped it numerous times, and now it has the power to stun, almost paralyze foes that get close enough to Kleth. It can start huge fires with single charge, so long as sufficient kindling is provided.
   Total armor weight: 2 pounds, 5 with radio, wrench and screwdriver, with backpack, 6-25 pounds, varies depending on mission.

Ted: Ted is truly the puppy of the group. He has never reportedly spoken, and it is questioned whether he has the ability to do so or not. He comes from the same place as Kaeden, a large hilly town in Montana, so his strength is quite a bit higher than one could expect. In fact, it is believed that Ted has climbing abilities that surpass Kaeden, since Ted has much less weight to lift.
   His equipment is rather minimal. He wears a thick coat, light boots, and a toque. All pockets containing medical equipment are inside his coat, which has many inside pockets. It is theorized that Ted was mugged at a young age, and keeps all his valuables safely tucked inside. These medical equipment can handle almost any situation needed. The pack consists of bandages, heat packs, sugar water, an instant water heater, cloth for tourniquets, and cloth for sealing a large wound, among many others. His medical prowess has been tested several times, and each time it is needed more than the last.
   Total armor weight: 2 pounds, 12 with medical packs.

Anton: A boy born of Russian descent, he is quite accustomed to cold weather growing up in the chilly tundra of northern Russia. He is quite frequently called the best fighter on the Island. His fighting skill is beyond anyone could dream, and it far surpasses Deccus even, though Deccus does make a very close second. Anton is 13 years old, and in half a year he will be leaving the Island due to the age restrictions. Many believe that the Badger’s chances of winning against the Howlers will die once Anton leaves, but that doesn’t mean that Anton is relaxing. He drives his team, the Elite Eight, to the point of exhaustion, hoping to either decide on a proper successor to his throne, or defeat the Howlers before then. Either option will be fine with him.
   He was granted the Valiant rank after he was returning from a break to find Vahal under siege, and he quickly stepped in and did enough damage to the attacking Howlers that it turned the tide of the fight. It is said that Deccus was also involved in the battle in the rear, but this has never been approved. Many of Deccus’s fans believe this fact to be true, but only Deccus and Anton know for sure. Deccus has not been rewarded for his supposed part in that battle, and only Anton received any sort of recompense for the battle.
   Anton is well equipped to being the best fighter on the Snowcraft force. His armor is composed completely of tamarack wood, and a thick coat underneath. It has been rumored that there is a sheet of metal beneath his wooden exterior, but no one has seen Anton in the process of taking his armor off, so this theory has been disapproved. Meg, on the team that Anton leads, said that she has seen Anton take his armor off in front of her, but she saw nothing of the sort, thus smashing the theory.
   His armor is wood, painted white with red stripes, the standard color of the Elite Eight. He has all parts of his body covered with his armor, and it is very hard to take the armor off from the outside. (The reasoning behind having armor that is difficult to take off is that Olaf, a thief like Howler, disarmored his foes by taking off their armor and attacking their backs. Olaf was rather successful, until Anton brought him down. Olaf currently resides in the Vahal prison under the Academy [the purpose of having the prison under the Academy is because if a convict manages to escape from the prison, he has far to go through the Academy, which is filled with young rookie’s eager to prove themselves.])
   Anton also has sharp shoulder plates that jut out upwards at a 45 degree angle. Other than for looks, this serves no purpose, though it is rumored that Anton has used these sharp shoulder plates to tackle into lightly armored Howlers. Anton’s lower leg greaves jut out upwards in a point, and cover the space between the two leg armors that was made for his knee to move. Anton uses no helmet, but rather he was grafted with a metal skull plate as a child, as he was born with much of his skull bones missing. (the reason: He lives very close to Chernobyl)
   Another remarkable aspect of Anton is his weaponry. He has two, long-range cannon like snowthrowers and two heavy pistol weapons. He uses the cannons for the approaching attack, then switches to the pistols once he gets closer. If the opportunity is presented, he will use his cannons as melee weapons. The cannons fire heavy shots very rapidly, but the ammo is limited, but easily refilled. His pistols are the same, since they fire big shots (for pistols) He calls this method of attack the “Swapping Reg”.
   Total armor weight: 15 pounds, 17 with pistols, 19 with cannons, 22 with both

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2005, 07:47:33 am »
Nice work Swiftanator. Keep it up.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2005, 07:58:10 am »
Swiftanator? HA! That's good. Kary's gonna call me that alll the time now..... Oh, well. It sounds cool. I'll have to make a sig for it.....

And can you believe I wrote those 7 pages of hardcore explanation in about half a day? I started in second period, worked a bit in third, none in fourth, then a bunch on the bus (an hour and a half) and I was nearly done Anton when I got home. I just quickly wrapped him up and put it up on TPH.

Trigger

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2005, 10:34:11 am »
Pretty good.

Pretty good indeed.....NOW CONTINUE TO WRITE!!! *cracks whip*
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2005, 11:01:04 am »
*grabs whip and pulls it out of hands* Hey, I've had seven exams this week. Give a guy a break! My brain feels like a wrung sponge, especcially after some pelasent news I've had this week, I've had a lot on my plate.

Trigger

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2005, 11:20:30 am »
*pulls out another whip* Take it like a man!!! *whips*

Be a man and stand up to your homework!! TAKE IT'S ASS DOWN A NOTCH!!
Skull says: