Author Topic: Anyone around here know how to deal with a bratty sister?  (Read 18648 times)

Jehuty

• View Profile
Anyone around here know how to deal with a bratty sister?
« on: July 26, 2005, 03:45:32 pm »
I've chosen to ignore this for a while, but ever since her 9th birthday a week ago, it's gotten progressively worse. Just because she's little she thinks that she can get away with anything. No respect to anyone at all. So, I ask for advice from my fellow TPH members. What should I do? I've done everything my parents have told me to do, but none of it has had any effect. So yeah......... Oh and she bites by the way.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 03:57:21 pm »
Most of the things I suggest would involve me being the family member, and are hard to perform to anyone else other than me. I suggest dropping an X-box (causes 4.2 on the Richter scale) to wreck her room, thus giving a lesson in humility.

But seriously, I find that putting them in their place works on brats very well. I had one really annoying snob cousin, and through various means she isn't a brat anymore. When she started acting snobbish, I stood over her, looked her in the eye (from 2 feet above) and gave her a little spook. (works best if you're between her and the sun, so you get a good shadow effect going) Just show her that she isn't the boss of things. And when she bits, try wearing a long sleeve fleece shirt, so when she bites, make her bite the fleece, then rip the sleeve out of her mouth. Holy crap, I bit fleece once and ripped it out of my teeth. Less than good. Or, another way to make her stop biting, manuever her arm so that she bites herself instead. It works a little better on 5 year olds, but still effective on 9 year olds.

This would be a prime oppurtunity to send her away to the Snowcraft force, if it was real. THAT'D take out any brattiness. Let her freeze and fight for her life for a few years!

Hope I could help, Jehuty.

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 04:00:56 pm »
Heh. Thanks Swift :)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:01:49 pm »
No problem. *2 fingered salute*

Buraqina

• View Profile
    • http://buraqina.deviantart.com AND http://www.buraqina.co.uk/Petz/Index.html
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:53:09 pm »
My immediate response is either eat her or give her a good thrasing with the cane, old-school style, but I dubt you'd want to use that one, soooo....:P

Like Swiftman says, you need someway to put her in her place. Is she like this with your parents and other people too, or just you?

Also, she may be doing it for attention too - in which case, if she starts something, COMPLETELY ignore her. Don't even look at her, no matter what. It's can be tough, but she'll soon learn no one's interested when she's making an arse of herself and stop.

A smack round the ear neevr went amiss...okay, I'll stop. Now you see why I don't really intend to have kids, little bastards! :P
esencorage os porcos gordos de comer bolo de polvo!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 06:02:52 pm »
Kids are okay, but mainly in small quantities. I have about 80 cousins, 40 of them between 3-10 years old. At family reunions it gets VERY hectic, and I'm usually the one that they try to climb on (being the tallest, my family likes a challange) So, naturally when they try to surmount my north slope, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to hear somewhere "FOR THE SWARM!"

So, naturally, I know how to deal with kids. Hell, I plan to have three of them myself. I can deal with them from infancy to teenagerdom, I got ways to deal with whatever comes up. I'm preparing myself. 3 kids can't be any worse than 40, can it?

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 06:33:53 pm »
To put my sisters in their place, I literally do just that. I grab her by the sholders, then put her on a couch, I get up right in her face, clentch my teeth and say, "LISTEN YOU LITTLE BRAT! IF YOU WANT TO LIVE TO SEE TOMORROW, YOU WILL STOP RIGHT NOW!" And if that doesn't work, then I throw her onto her bed and tell her to go to sleep. Then, if that still doesn't work, I call my parents.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 06:35:23 pm »
Wow, sounds like you're quite in charge of them over there, Lazlo.

And little sisters aren't my specialty. I've only had one for a few months, and she's only 2 years younger than me.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 06:37:21 pm »
I'm the oldest, so I kinda have to be. I'm bigger smarter and faster than all of them, so I kinda scare 'em. Also, I know how my parents punish them, so I make sure to suggest that sort of thing just before my parents say it. That way everyone thinks it was my idea. I'm evil only when need be, though.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 06:40:06 pm »
*looks at Laz's avatar* Evil indeed.... Zeke is scary, sorta. *shot*

But I'm always viewed as the gentle tall kid. I look like I'm 12, but I'm really 6'4. So, the kids tend to flock around me.

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 06:42:46 pm »
Kids don't like me. Well.... I still am a kid, but watch out or else I'll............... do something not nice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 06:44:33 pm »
I love playing with the kids, I can't say I'd like a 40 kid dogpile, but my 2 little sisters are fun. Especially when we beat up on the 15 year-old "step" sister that none of us like.

Seriously, she's a bitch and we don't like her.

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:47:11 pm »
I see. My sister is bigger than most 9 year olds and she's pretty strong. Her classmates are out to get me. I swear!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 06:52:11 pm »
Does your room have a lock?

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 06:58:24 pm »
Nope.......... I have an accordian door....