Author Topic: Clest and Bu - As the Wings of love grew on our backs =^.^=  (Read 15686 times)

Tiger

• View Profile
Clest and Bu - As the Wings of love grew on our backs =^.^=
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 12:03:54 am »
Quote from: "Peaches"
Wheee Canada!

I don't know why that's funny, but it is.

Anyway, Swift, yes we have places like New York, which has its own ups and downs, but we also have the Rocky Mountains, the Midwest, the Shenandoah Valley.  We have just as many wide open and rugged spaces as you.  Actually, much more, since all of ours is habitable, and we have more of those big old cities you don't like too.  We have more everything.

Including more people, and such is our downfall!

Also, we have more George W. Bushes.  ::moves to New Zealand::

Zaijian,
Tiger

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 12:13:02 am »
Yes, Paul Martin is much more likeable i my eyes than Bush. *stays in Canada*

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
    • http://clest.deviantart.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 08:42:35 am »
Boy, I am pissed, really wont have a long life staying in Sao Paulo, its Monday 10:29pm and Ive had stress enough for a mounth in a single day >.>
Really population = disgrace and that is the worst in Brasil, the only decent places are in south regions because they are very suspicious with strangers, in fact if you get to a town in south, they observe you, if you stay there for 2 months unnemployed, they pay your tickets so you can go back to your own town and dont stay there! VERY wise... But in Sao Paulo no... any one comes here and mount their houses from pices of trash and rooten wood which look as ugly as any structure could look ever! Then they stay poor because you need college to have a nice job and still fuck like there is no tomorow without prevention having THOUSANDS of small starving children that will stay poor or become thieves. Meanwhile our politics gain more money than they could spend in their entire lifespan MONTHLY.
Just today I had all kinds of troubles with transport to get to work, had to stay on FULL and I mean full enough that you can barely breath, bus, standing on my feet (or trying) after five busses have ignored the bus stop where I was, then the bus skiped the place I was to get off and I walked a LOT to arrive at work and find we had energy down! This not to mention the dark grey atmosphere, trash all over the streets, terrible traffic and yet the city being giant enough so you take hours from a place to another, is still small for the increasing population!
This considering or crime rates are lower than in Rio de Janeiro, last weak a mafia of drug dealers closed two tunnels there and robbed EVERYONE inside the cars in front of the police!

Is this a country? heh >.>

Dunno if new York can top all that bad things, but Tiger said it has some good sides, which we dont!
center>
I love you, my plincess =^.^=

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 09:02:57 am »
Well, I hope that I may help here a bit by plugging Canada, which seems to help....

Edmonton is really quite a car city. Not that many walk, but there's still quite a few tree's that really help with the air pollution. (nicely breathable compared to other cities)
Crime in Edmonton is quite low. The police force is strong and effective, and so is the fire department. Arsons still go around, but they are usually dealt with before anything big happens.
Poverty is almost nonexistant, since there's plenty of low-qual jobs that need doing, so people with no education can still get a job. And if you've gone to college, then good things indeed await. College people can get richly awarded if you know where to go.
The province of Alberta in itself is the richest province in Canada. We have massive oil reserves in Northern Alberta that makes us a mint. We're the only debt free province ever, and Ralph Klein does a damn good job at his job of premier. He makes a LOT of money, and he uses the money. Out of about $14 billion made in a year, only $1 billion is used for surplus. (not much compared to other provinces. They usually have half of their money put in reserve to take out debt)
Edmonton has about 900,000 people, and is nearing 1 million. However, compared to Sao Paulo, it shouldn't be a problem. Most of the people here are nice and decent, and they make an honest living.
West Edmonton Mall is, from what i've heard, the second largest mall in the world (I heard there's one huge one in Japan that's 3 times West Ed's size, but I haven't verified that) From what I know for sure, West Ed is the largest mall in the world. I've been there a lot of times, and I'm almost bored of it already. There's a LOT of Marvel comic stores, (which I like.)

And....... Well, that's Alberta in a nutshell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 09:10:43 am »
Well, since we're all plugging our hometowns. I live in Bessemer, the scummiest area around. I live just a few blocks from city hall, and you know how those areas are... *Looks across the street at the crappy apartment building* However, Hoover, which isn't very far away, is a nice place. Very clean, an dit has a nice mall there that isn't very large, but is still quite a nice place to buy video games or play in the arcade. It's about half an hour away from my hosue. Twenty minutes in the other direction brings you to VisionLand, a nice little amusement park with a few fun rides. It's not really worth it to pay daily admission, but if you ahve a season pass (and some friends), it's very fun to go to. The city's tring to clean up. Property values are rising, you're seeing less and less of the scum that used to make up this place, they're replacing the roads. I daresay that someday in the not to distant future, this place might be liviable.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 01:03:28 pm »
At least your place is evolving Lazlo :P Mine is decaying, gotta be outta here as soon as possible :)
center>

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
As a note: Edmonton isn't my hometown. I don't want it to be, really, I like Nanton FAR better. I'd much rather live there than Edmonton (or Newport, California...)

Buraqina

• View Profile
    • http://buraqina.deviantart.com AND http://www.buraqina.co.uk/Petz/Index.html
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
Clest, you really, REALLY worry me when you talk about all the bad things in Sao Paulo x.x

I don't like to talk about my town, for the safety of all of you. It gives me the urge to go on a salmon-and-pointy-stick-fuelled killing rampage :evil:
esencorage os porcos gordos de comer bolo de polvo!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2005, 03:40:03 pm »
*gets in Pyro-GX and prepares for rage when it happens*

Buraqina

• View Profile
    • http://buraqina.deviantart.com AND http://www.buraqina.co.uk/Petz/Index.html
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2005, 06:25:04 pm »
Don't worry, no rages here, but if you'd like one, it'll only cost a small fee of, say...10 billion dollars?
esencorage os porcos gordos de comer bolo de polvo!

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 07:41:56 pm »
Well those things are plainly the truth honey, in fact I didnt talk about how bad politics are here and not either about public hospitals (glad I got medical coverage from my job :P) and the schools, which are more like a drug dealers nest... while in US a boy going to school with a gun appears in all newspapers, here its quite commom...
But nah had a crappy day really, just hope tomorow is better u.u

But as long as I get out of here in 5 years or less, I will survive honey =^.^=
center>

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2005, 10:58:04 am »
That story.......brings tears.
eft.

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 11:10:53 am »
Really? or its just sarcasm? :P (and no, no problem if its sarcasm, I will just joke back :P)
center>

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2005, 12:36:10 pm »
Quote from: "RobotKnight Crystal"
Really? or its just sarcasm? :P (and no, no problem if its sarcasm, I will just joke back :P)

No sarcasm.
eft.