Author Topic: Judge Fricken Dredd.  (Read 3640 times)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« on: August 04, 2005, 08:46:09 pm »
So anyway, there I am in EB Games, trying to find Ikaruga and a cheap replacement for my SSBM disc(found neither), and then I saw Judge Dredd. I nearly wet my pants. That's one of the greatest movies ever, and it had a GameCube game? I knew I had to have this, and at only $20US, it was indeed worth it.
When you first start playing, it kinda sucks. You're in a room, and they tell you what to do. Okay, whatever. Voice actors are pretty good, though. So we learn how to take down criminals without killing them (unless we need to) and then the fun begins. Now we get to go out and judge the citizens, and if they try to run we can punch and shoot them! Punching is fun because it makes insane amounts of blood gush from a person's head. After a while, however, zombies attack. Freaking zombies attack Judge Dredd. This game is so awesome, I can't describe how much fun I have just kicking ass!
The graphics aren't too good, about the same level as Halo 1. But man, after a few minutes you don't even notice. Actually, I was here playing in the dark, and walking down some of those hallways, when a zombie falls from the cieling I actually jump. This game is scaring me, it's so totally hardcore.
Of course, having only played a bit of the game, I haven't heard all of the music, but what I've heard is great, and it goes perfectly with the environment.
Anyway... the game has some great billboards, "If your pets snuffed, get it stuffed!" as well as a few others that I can't think of.
Anyway, if you see this one and have ever had fun on any FPS, then pick this up. It's pretty badass.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:50:47 pm »
Oh yeah. I heard of that game, but I played the one on the SNES.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 09:52:52 pm »
I think that this game is actually a sequal to the movie, because Judge Hershy is a PsiJudge now, and also of a higher rank that Dredd. Also, there are zombies, so it's not just another movie-turned-game.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:39:29 pm »
The movie was based off of a British comic book series, so maybe this is more based off of the comics than the movie.  I'll have to check it out, you know, when I actually buy a game cube.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 11:00:07 pm »
you havent bought one yet?! get it and get SSBM, its a perfect reson to buy a GC

i bought mine just to play SSBM, but i bought it AFTER playing through Metroid Prime 1/2, mario sunshine (sucked pretty much), and wind waker (which almost made me forget to buy SSBM)
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Peaches

• View Profile
Judge Fricken Dredd.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 12:45:20 am »
Judge Dredd. . . it had Sylvester Stallone in it. -_-  I guess it was entertaining; I also saw this game and kind of scoffed at it.  I probably wouldn't like it anyways. I  only like a FPS if running around is more fun than fighting (Metroid Prime, such amazing atmosphere).

Or No One Lives Forever, crappy graphics, pretty good gamepley.  What sunk it as one of my favorite FPS ever was the hilarious wit put into the game.  They gave henchmen whole 5 minute conversations and had character to them!  It was kinda a shame killing them all.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]