Author Topic: An Innovative Micro gush  (Read 10632 times)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:11:41 pm »
Wanting a wireless mouse, but not wanting to spend a lot of money, I took a stroll over to Wal-Mart to find a display of ugly, substandard mouses. In the corner, however, was a gem, a good looking wireless PS2 mouse, the Micro Innovations Wireless 3 Button Wheel Mouse (PD950P), which I promptly bought and brought home.

The mouse is actually really nice, and easy to set up. In fact, I don't believe you actually need the setup CD, but I used it anyway. After installing the software, which I'd suggest doing anyway, and plugging in the base-station, you just press the synchronization buttons, and you're set.

The optical sensor is very sensitive, and I actually had to slow down my settings to be able to find the pointer, but it should be great for games. It does have a problem with my wooden desk, but this is understandable, with the lines in the wood.

The buttons are rather quiet, and the click wheel has very smooth scrolling, but you can still feel one click up or down, and the middle button is actually very quiet.

The range is about six feet, which is really quite good, I can't imagine using my mouse from farther away from my computer.

The mouse also looks great. I like having this thing on my desk. Very sleek, and very pleasing to the eye. I'd definitely recommend buying this!
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:46:53 pm »
Pshaw. My ol' IBM mouse can pwn it's ass! *shot*

I was thinking of getting a trackball mouse for Caleb before getting a newer mouse for Hewitt.

Your recomendation is noted, Admiral. [which, in official Military language, means "Go screw yourself."]

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:59:37 pm »
Have you ever used a trackball? If not, I highly suggest against it. They are very annoying, and impossible to use for games.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:08 am »
Have I used a trackball......

*laughs out loud*

I used one for a month at Phex's house. I am MORE than used to a trackball.

And what the hell you mean, no good for games? I kick ass in Heli Attack 3 with a trackball!

Though the main reason I want one for Caleb is for the no need for a mousepad. I could use it for Caleb pretty much anywhere, and it's a helluva lot better than that stick thing that Caleb has now....

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 12:13:59 am »
Trackballs just absolutly suck, and if you get an optical mouse, you don't need a mousepad. Unless your desk has lines on it that run at an awkward angle.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 12:22:34 am »
I mean I have NO surface to use, Laz, besides my knee. Or carpet. Otherwise I WOULD use an optical mouse.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 12:26:06 am »
Looks to me like you have plenty of room

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 12:26:24 am »
I have an uber sexy Apple Mouse which has basically all the functions you just mentioned..... basically, I have like an Apple version of that mouse.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 12:28:13 am »
Aye, but isn't it white? And it's inferior quality, since it is, after all, an Apple product.

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 12:30:24 am »
Can that mouse go in all directions, I think not. Mine can not only scroll up and down, but sideways as well. Say that Apple is inferior again, I'll, I'll...... do something bad >=(

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 12:31:12 am »
Quote from: "Lazlo Falconi"
Looks to me like you have plenty of room

I use Hewitt for that, Lazlo, not Caleb. Caleb being my Lappy, meaning, using it pretty much anywhere, thus, no steady surface to use, and I like to be prepared. Like, the school library, and hte one free available plug in that I can use. It's right in between a big book shelf and a brick wall [took a helluva time finding that plug in] and I'm squished in between the two places.

If I'm at home, I can just unplug my optical mouse and use it instead while Hewitt is turned off.

Jehuty

• View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 12:32:53 am »

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 12:36:17 am »
My mouse can scroll left and right, which I don't even need to use that often, so it's not that great a thing. You can also tell that it has buttons, and it looks a lot better. Computers are black nowadays, you racist!

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 12:41:52 am »
Oh really? I have the little buttons at the side allowing me to sort through windows with ease.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
An Innovative Micro gush
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 12:53:19 am »
Well...... Jutebox, you have.... Like..... money or something to get all the best Mac stuff! >=( Us poor folk don't have the proper coinage!