General > General

another introductory page

(1/3) > >>

Kagemitsu:
Hi, I'm Kagemitsu. Um, I'm a friend of Swiftman and the_broom. Erm, I can't talk in real life, so... I like being on the internet, because I can talk and communicate then.
Just saying hello!

Also, a question. Is there any chance of being able to download your songs in .zip form? I have dial-up, so I need every edge I can get.

Herb:
welcome to the forums

and also, im kinda surprised there arent .zips

neothe0ne:
Compressing lossily-compressed music doesn't compress a whole lot.  At least, ZIP doesn't (ZIP's bad at everything though).  RAR compression might compress a bit, but not a lot.

Trigger:
Welcome dude....

...But I have to say I'm curious.....why can't you talk offline?

Kagemitsu:
I seem to recall an old dos based zip type format, and it REALLY compressed stuff. At least 30% better than .zip or .rar, but the problem was it took a while and wasn't for newbies.

To answer Trigger's question, I can't talk offline (in real life) because as a kid I was in a really bad car accident and my vocal cords were utterly obliterated. They had no chance of healing, so the doctor just took them out. Now I get by with sign language and a chalk and chalkboard (ala Homer simpson) It works fairly well, but not quite up to speaking. All my other senses are fine. I just can't talk. Thanks for asking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version