Author Topic: Sky High: TPH Chronicles  (Read 16423 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Sky High: TPH Chronicles
« on: August 31, 2005, 02:06:53 am »
I saw the movie Sky High today. It's about a kid who is the son of the two biggest super heroes around, so he goes to Super Hero High School, better known as Sky High. There the kid finds out that despite his two super parents, he himself has no powers. Then the school gets taken over via an overly complicated evil villian plot, and the two parents are immobolized, so it's up to the kid to save the day. He then finds out he has both his fathers strength and his mother's flying. He then uses the help of some sidekicks to save the day in a glorius final battle.

Now, more on the school of Sky High itself.

Students are taken there via a bus. Yes, a normal, yellow school bus. It goes around the neighbourhood, picking up the kids. Then, on it's way to the school, it goes on a blocked off road and rides off of into the airborne, hovering school of Sky High.

After that, the freshman are taken into the gym to be introduced to Coach Boom, to be segregated into the Hero or Sidekick classes. If your power is good and powerful, then to Hero you go. If it can't do much, then you to go Sidekick classes. (think Hogwarts, only minus the year round staying, and the only houses are Hero and Sidekick)

Now, after your class is designated, you take several courses. Things like:
Math (If you are zooming at the villian at 40 MPH and he is barreling to you at 60 MPH, how long before you collide?)
Mad Science (build a freeze gun!)
and PE

One of the biggest thigns in PE (other than changing. You step behind a curtain, and a second later you're changed, ala many super hero stories) but the biggest game in PE is "Save the Citizen!"

Basically they strap a dummy (not you, Trigger. *shot) over a myriad of spinning, sharp blades. The timer is sett for 3 minutes. A team (usually 2) choose to be villians, and the others the heroes. The villians must prevent the the heroes from rescuing the citizen, and the heroes must rescue the citizen before the timer is up.

Now, after seeing this movie, I got a brilliant idea....

We'll do what we did with the ill-fated but still outragouesly fun Resident Evil: Moline. We'll take turns doing a novel-style mini-chapters, where we show our mishaps in the school of Sky High (we'll leave out all movie characters, otehr than the staff of the school)

Now, what I need from you all, is your Hero stats (we'll all be int he Hero class, right?)

I'll go first, for an example.

Hero name: Swiftman
Mild-mannered alter ego: Devon Kirk (or just Kirk, cuz that sounds sounds better than my snobbish first name)
Powers: Higher than average running speed and extremely high agility
Main personality traits: Slightly random, a reminencer (one who reminences), can be a charmer if needed, but doesn't want to be [nor has the need ;)]
Ulterior skills: Operation of old computers, useage and workage of mechanics, operation of new computers, and the BEST to have on a dodgeball team

Now then..... Everyone who wants to join, say your skills and stuff, and we'll get underway!

(quick quote stats for you:
Hero name:
Mild-mannered alter ego:
Powers:
Main personality traits:
Ulterior skills:
[/quick quote]

You can introduce whoever you want in the story, so long as the amount of characters doesn't go overboard. Write in standard novel format, ala Snowcraft and RE: Moline.

And most of all, HAVE FUN!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 02:17:08 am »
Hero name: Face Man
Mild-mannered alter ego: Robert McAwesomepants. What? An awesome name doesn't mean an awesome person.
Powers: Super Belch, Hyper Belch and Giga Belch. All varing strengths of a very loud, superpowerful belch can destroy almost anything. Usually the Super Belch is enough, but I've had to use the Hyper and Gigas on a few enemies.
Main personality traits: Likes cracking one-liner jokes. Generally a fun guy to be around, but that dry sense of humor sometimes gets annoying. Hopes to someday poses the ultimate power of being able to do the Super Poot on command.
Ulterior skills: Has the ability to travel through space via the fifth and a half dimentia-n. This usually doesn't take him far though, and often leaves him in a slightly "out of it" state. He can fly, but he usually forgets to do it, and ends up walking everywhere.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 05:13:29 am »
Hero name: Pilloiw Man

Mild-mannered alter ego: Guy Farnkner

Powers: Ability to control wind, thus flying, sending super powered gusts of wind, and making cool whoosh noises

Main personality traits: Likes making puns and sweeping girls off their feet, but only on Thursdays.  However, Thursday is sucha day that he is always too preoccupied to do said sweeoping.  Is always the first or last to be done eating.

Ulterior skills: The ability to create a potent fireball using friction on an object and superheating it.  Not to be confused with a conventional fireball.  Has developed special melee skills involving wind coming same ad opposite directinons as kicks and punches.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 11:35:12 am »
revised...see below.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:25:21 pm »
Hero name: Emperor of Oblivion
Mild-mannered alter ego: Mild-mannered Bladegash Johnson
Powers: Destroying things
Main personality traits: Destructive
Ulterior skills: Obliterating stuff
ric!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:45:41 pm »
Ha HA! This is gonna turn out great!

And Bladegash, I was thinking more on making you a teacher, but if you wanna be in it, sure! But I have one question. By destroying and obliterating things, is that in looking at something and willing it to blow up, or what?

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 12:47:44 pm »
I can be a teacher, as long as you don't mind week-long vacations quite often. =)
ric!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 12:49:33 pm »
Heh. Of course! S'not a prob. You can maybe have teleport skills too, so you're the long-distance hero that has to go to Instanbul when the need arises. (and you need to 'save' people for a week everytime. <_< >_>)

And for the teacher, what subject...... Mad Science is Taken, so is PE, and Math.... The English Teacher? Spanish? German? Take yur pick, Gashy.

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 12:51:49 pm »
Mass Destruction 101, or maybe Tetrinomics.
ric!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 12:54:05 pm »
HA! Mass Destruction is EXACTLY the sort of thing that would be taught at Sky High. So it shall be done! Professor Bladegash, Mas Destruction 101. PERFECT!

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 01:35:37 pm »
Awesome.
ric!

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 04:15:25 pm »
Okay, I decided my character was waaaaaay too much of a rip off of Hell Rider, and I know nothing about mechanics...so.....I'm someone else, Skull Rider does not exist.

Hero name: Cortex

Mild-mannered alter ego: Winston Lonchester Lovington (what a crappy name)

Powers:  Having powers unrealated to his name, Cortex can create barriers around him self or other objects, and can influence, but not control, electricity.

Main personality traits:  he always likes being part of the group, he is also very energetic, lively, and always loves a good joke

Ulterior skills:  Is a quick swimmer, but swims alone (last time he swam in a group, he gave everyone nasty electical shocks on accident, nobody died, but boy were they pissed), and he enjoys solving mazes and puzzles that involve physical manipulation.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 04:50:13 pm »
Quote from: "NeoCalculus"

Mild-mannered alter ego: Winston Lonchester Lovington (what a crappy name)

Hey, I almost went with Kidly Wellington-Orrs Waegermanjenson IV, because long names are just badass. That also happens to be one of my cat's full names. "Kid" for short.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Antha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:00:59 pm »
Oh, this looks like fun! Now... let's see...

Hero name: Montez

Mild-mannered alter ego: Meara Angeline Murphy

Powers: Manipulating gravity, and making things float and fly through the air. However... somethings are too heavy, or unable to be lifted by her powers just yet, but she's practicing.

Main personality traits: Tries to be helpful, but gets to be clumsy at times, and trips fairly frequently. Usually a cheery disposition, and tries to stay optomistic, and happy.

Ulterior skills: Will defend those who she feels are being degrated, though not very often. She's more quiet, and shy. She tries not to attract too much attention, and stays in the back. Though, if someone she holds dear is being threatened, or worse she will step up on a rare ocasion to fight, though... it usually scares her half out of her mind.

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:21 pm »
Hero name: Jehuty

Mild-Mannered alter ego: Jehuty

Powers: Being an ex-pirate and a ninja I can vanish and do ninja and pirate stuff.

Personality traits: I'm the mysterious guy. I don't believe in teamwork, but I will assist when I am most needed. No one knows much about me, but I'm just that cool and badass.

Ulterior skills: I have basic knowledge of Close Quarters Combat and know how to use the terrain to my advantage.