Author Topic: Nintendo's holding out on us D=  (Read 18863 times)

Nintendo's holding out on us D=
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 01:19:18 pm »
CJMErl: That's why they made BIGGER SIZES, Fate.
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 02:44:54 pm »
Quote from: "Fate"
The PS2 had a controller when it first came out, it wasn't what you're thinking though. If I remember right, It turned the system on and off, popped the CD tray in and out, reset the game, and then had DVD buttons to work with the PS2's DVD playing abilities. That's all I know about it.

Ha, you're fucking joking me right?

I have to say something about Nitendo and their systems, though. Past SNES, all of their Save systems have royally sucked. Save Packs? Sucked.. I mean, you had to jam the save pack into the back of the controller

Note that very few games used Memory Cards.  Yeah, memory cards suck ass, I'm glad PS2 doesn't use them!

you actually had to apply strength. This was bad- because to get it to click, you might actually hurt the pack.

The keyword is "might".  Did it?  No.  Get your facts straight, ass.

Then there was the Big ass rumble back which doubled as a save pack.

No, it didn't.

That was huge and awkward, and threw the balance off.

No, it didn't.

The Big Memory Stick cards? They weren't as big as the Rumble/Save packs, but they too had to be jammed into the back of the controller.

Not only do I have no fucking idea what you're talking about, but what's the problem with putting shit into the controller?  Dreamcast does it, Xbox does it.  It's easier than getting up and putting memory cards into your system.

Onto the next thing, the GBA. Was it just me, or did most GBA Games have only *one* Save file? Some of the better ones had two, but that wasn't enough to fool around and have fun.

The only GBA game I've played with only one save slot is Pokémon.  And how are two files not enough to fool around?  You haven't been making any sense this entire rant.

Ah, lastly the Gamecube. When I got my Gamecube, I got a bunch of games to go with it. FF:CC, ToS, THUG, LotR:RotK

Get better Gamecube games.
stuff like that. Oh damn, little did I know that my save pack was a 1x memory card. Who's brilliant idea was it to horribly stiff people by producing such a piece of shit?

This just in.  You can't save games on CD's, idiot.  By the way, from the games you had, you didn't even have enough games to fill up the original 59 block memory card!
It shouldn't even exist it's that tiny.

Note that the new PS2 is smaller than Gamecube, it's as big (and thinner than) a DVD case.

Anyway, there's my rant. PS3 all the way.

Anyway, there's my rant on why YOUR rant sucked major ass.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 02:47:19 pm »
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 03:43:12 pm »
Actually, I'm gonna have to agree with Fate for the most part.

64 had THE shittiest accessories of any system (well, popular system; maybe except for the multi-tap)
Rumblepacks did throw off the weight whether you thought so or not, the save packs did in fact suck, and the analog stick lacked comfort.

What can I say, I hated the 64 a lot.  At least the Dreamcast was done sensibly when they copied the idea.  (yes, EVERYONE copies everyone else, get over it.)

ANd the Gamecube memory cards sucked when they came out.  59 slots?  That's like 5 games for the average game memory.  Then they upgraded finally when they should have had the 250 memory cards out at launch.

Yeah, Gameboy games  suck.  Portables suck in general.

Just because you think everyone else's opinions suck doesn't mean yours doesn't either.  He may have been wrong on a few points, but that doesn't mean you have to fanboy him to death.  Playstation started the major trends (though you'd have thought that Sega CD would have, but I guess it was before it's time).

Seriously, Playstation was the first successful system to properly implement CDs; along with that came memory cards.  Which were almost big enough at the time.

PWNED?  I think not, you both are right in some ways, wrong in others.  If you want to advance the industry, look at all the mistakes and good things about every system and company; don't bitch about Nintendo and Sony deoing everything right or wrong.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Fate

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 04:03:32 pm »
I'm going to start off by saying that you horribly misquoted me and used what I said out of context MANY times.

Quote from: "Superyoshi"

Note that very few games used Memory Cards.  Yeah, memory cards suck ass, I'm glad PS2 doesn't use them!

Mmk. You misquoted me with this one. I said jamming it into the back of the CONTROLLER sucked. Thanks.

The keyword is "might".  Did it?  No.  Get your facts straight, ass.

Oh. Explain that to a bunch of my friends who were " Oh shit, my memory pack isn't working, it's stuck. " Seems like they sucked to me.

No, it didn't.

Great argument there man, I just can't argue with that logic.  :roll:

No, it didn't.

See Above: Great argument...

Not only do I have no fucking idea what you're talking about, but what's the problem with putting shit into the controller?  Dreamcast does it, Xbox does it.  It's easier than getting up and putting memory cards into your system.

Heaven forbid you have to move off the couch to switch memory cards!

The only GBA game I've played with only one save slot is Pokémon.  And how are two files not enough to fool around?  You haven't been making any sense this entire rant.

I'm not making sense? That could be because you've misquoted me already with more to come.

Get better Gamecube games.

That's more like a personal attack, than even an argument. I'll play whatever games I feel like playing.

This just in.  You can't save games on CD's, idiot.  By the way, from the games you had, you didn't even have enough games to fill up the original 59 block memory card!

OH JOY! Again with the personal attacks. Great to know that you feel the need to include insults and jabs when you're arguing a point. The memory cards for Playstation have always been bigger than the Nintendo packs. For your information, I did fill up my Memory card with just those games. When it came time to play Timesplitters, Ghost Recon, or something like that- I didn't have enough.

It shouldn't even exist it's that tiny.

Note that the new PS2 is smaller than Gamecube, it's as big (and thinner than) a DVD case.

I left my quote in that time to say something. You horribly misquoted me there, I was talking about the memory card's memory storage capacity, not the system. Thanks.

Anyway, there's my rant. PS3 all the way.

Anyway, there's my rant on why YOUR rant sucked major ass.

Again, man- is there something I have done to warrant your insults? No..I guess you're just that small of a person.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/TheFated/kirusig.jpg[/img]
I am what I am, that's life. It's Fate.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 04:12:55 pm »
Quote from: "Peaches"

Seriously, Playstation was the first successful system to properly implement CDs

How can you say that?  D: Look at your sig....  Are you a Treasure fan or not?  Heh.

And Fate, I'll reply to your topic in a few minutes.

Negi-kun

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 04:30:10 pm »
Yeah, Gameboy games suck. Portables suck in general.

Yes, because everyone knows Gunstar Super Heros, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Shining Force, Harvest Moon, Lunar Legend, Puyo Pop Fever!, Warioware Touched!, Super Mario 64 DS, Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DS, Pokemon, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Megaman Zero, Astro Boy, Super Mario Adavnced, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Phoneix Wright, Metros, Lumines, Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart DS, Bomberman DS, River City Randsom EX and others are such crap!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 04:33:17 pm »

Mmk. You misquoted me with this one. I said jamming it into the back of the CONTROLLER sucked. Thanks.

No, it didn't.  How it did suck makes no sense to me.  Besides, you stated the PS2 controller had all these features about popping open the CD tray and that it could turn on the system.

Oh. Explain that to a bunch of my friends who were " Oh shit, my memory pack isn't working, it's stuck. " Seems like they sucked to me.

Because they probably didn't realize there's a button that releases the memory cards from the controller.  If not, I dunno, I never had a problem.  YARLY.

Quote from: "Fatei"

Great argument there man, I just can't argue with that logic.  :roll:

Yes, as a matter of fact, it WAS a great argument.  Why, you ask?  You stated the rumble pak served as a memory card.  And well, it didn't.  What else do you want me to say?  HIPPOPATOMUS?

See Above: Great argument...

It is.  Although it made the controller slightly heavy, it did NOT throw it off balance.  Plus, it's not like you need to use the thingie anyway.

Heaven forbid you have to move off the couch to switch memory cards!

No, I just stated that having them on the controller is more convienent.  And it is.

I'm not making sense? That could be because you've misquoted me already with more to come.

Thank you for stating how I misquoted you in my statement.

That's more like a personal attack, than even an argument. I'll play whatever games I feel like playing.

That one was a joke.  You'd think people'd be able to realize that I'm a very sarcastic person.

OH JOY! Again with the personal attacks. Great to know that you feel the need to include insults and jabs when you're arguing a point. The memory cards for Playstation have always been bigger than the Nintendo packs. For your information, I did fill up my Memory card with just those games. When it came time to play Timesplitters, Ghost Recon, or something like that- I didn't have enough.

Again, thank you for stating you had more games than you said you did before.  And yes, I do admit the 59 memory card annoyed me at first, but most games don't take up much at all.

kthx.

Negi-kun

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 04:39:45 pm »
I'ver never had to change a memory card, ever. Being on the controller seems akward.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 05:01:26 pm »
All right, BREAK IT UP, YOU TWO BEFORE I CALL UP NMX AND ALLOW HIM TO ROAST ALL OF YOU IN THE FINAL CREATION!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 05:02:57 pm »
Quote from: "Byte Man"
All right, BREAK IT UP, YOU TWO BEFORE I CALL UP NMX AND ALLOW HIM TO ROAST ALL OF YOU IN THE FINAL CREATION!

Too late, we've talked on MSN, heh.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 05:10:56 pm »
Eh, I just wanted to say that.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 05:17:01 pm »
Allrighty.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 05:20:00 pm »
Then.

Fate

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 05:25:56 pm »
No, it didn't.  How it did suck makes no sense to me.  Besides, you stated the PS2 controller had all these features about popping open the CD tray and that it could turn on the system.

Wrong thing. I meant as in a seperate remote from the Dualshocks. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in the first post, I probably should have- my mistake. A friend of mine says he's got one, I guess he could be bullshitting me but I don't know.

Because they probably didn't realize there's a button that releases the memory cards from the controller.  If not, I dunno, I never had a problem.  YARLY.

Could be third party, but I don't know. I always thought they were normal.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it WAS a great argument.  Why, you ask?  You stated the rumble pak served as a memory card.  And well, it didn't.  What else do you want me to say?  HIPPOPATOMUS?

There was a Rumble Pack that did both, just a tiny little switch on the bottom of it changed it. So this one was most definitely third party. I'll say that I probably shouldn't have gotten it, but it was useful for not having to switch between the two.

It is.  Although it made the controller slightly heavy, it did NOT throw it off balance.  Plus, it's not like you need to use the thingie anyway.

However, the rumble feature was kinda cool and I liked using it. It was heavy enough to off balance the controller until you got used to it.

No, I just stated that having them on the controller is more convienent.  And it is.

Maybe, but I don't see a problem with getting up for a minute to switch them. :P

That one was a joke.  You'd think people'd be able to realize that I'm a very sarcastic person.

I don't really know you that well, I haven't talked to you but once.

Again, thank you for stating you had more games than you said you did before.  And yes, I do admit the 59 memory card annoyed me at first, but most games don't take up much at all.

kthx.

Er, Those're the games I bought in the first place. Do you honestly believe a person would buy a system, get some games, and then never buy or play any other games for the rest of their lives? :P Ah well, this has turned into an interesting non-hostile debate. :D
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/TheFated/kirusig.jpg[/img]
I am what I am, that's life. It's Fate.