Author Topic: Nintendo's holding out on us D=  (Read 18865 times)

Jehuty

• View Profile
Nintendo's holding out on us D=
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 06:02:43 pm »
No fighting now...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 06:21:43 pm »
Quote from: "Peaches"

64 had THE shittiest accessories of any system

Does the 64DD mean nothing to you? Try "The best accessory of all time!"
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 05:55:20 am »
Nintendo Secret:

I'd buy it.

qualityretro.net

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005, 07:26:23 am »
CJMErl: 10 bucks says they turn that design into some sort of "Limited Edition" Classic NES Revolution.  Either way, I would SO get a Revolution that looked like that.  That is just...

MAJOR PWNAGE.
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 09:42:35 am »
Quote from: "Lazlo Falconi"
Nintendo Secret:

I'd buy it.

I LOVE YOU!

...In a completely non-homosexual, manly, brotherly way.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 02:46:23 pm »
Quote from: "Superyoshi"

Seriously, Playstation was the first successful system to properly implement CDs

How can you say that?  D: Look at your sig....  Are you a Treasure fan or not?  Heh.

O.o

Yes, I'm a big fan of Treasure.  But I'm not going to deny it.  Look at simple sales, Playstation was the first successful system to use CDs; how can you not understand that?  The Saturn never went anywhere, nor did anything else.  The PS1 outsold the 64 in systems because it appealed to more people.  That's what happened.  Now what does being a fan of treasure have to do with it?  This thread is silly, I tried to save you guys from looking stupid, but instead you perpetuated a quote wars.

Yeah, Gameboy games suck. Portables suck in general.

Yes, because everyone knows Gunstar Super Heros, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Shining Force, Harvest Moon, Lunar Legend, Puyo Pop Fever!, Warioware Touched!, Super Mario 64 DS, Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DS, Pokemon, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Megaman Zero, Astro Boy, Super Mario Adavnced, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Phoneix Wright, Metros, Lumines, Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart DS, Bomberman DS, River City Randsom EX and others are such crap!

Seriously. . .  For all those games and all the other great ones, you can name 20 horrible games to make up for it, then you have the fact that it's played on a little screen with not so great sound.  Don't get me wrong, I just bought Gunstar Super Heroes and played it too death; but portable gaming is just barely starting to get to a point where it's good.  The GBA had a horrible resolution screen that was badly lit.

If you insist that playing on a tiny 3 inch screen is great, then go for it.  It's gotten a lot better now that the new systems are out and you can actually see the screen, but in the past portables were just bad excuses to throw out badly made games.  May I remind you that a lot of the games you listed are ports. . .

Oh yeah, the 64DD.  lol
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 02:58:02 pm »
Yeah, have fun paying $500 for that, Laz.

And as for you Peaches.  I still say that Final Fantasy VII and MGS were the games that really killed Saturn.  Without then, it would have definitley lasted longer.

I also remember being confused as to why I needed to buy these newfangled "Memory Cards" when I bought my playstation in 2000.  I had a Saturn before that and was used to the fact that it saved all the games to a CMOS Battery, heh.

Oh, oh, and one more thing.  Buy a Game Boy Player.

Negi-kun

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 06:04:46 pm »

Seriously. . .  For all those games and all the other great ones, you can name 20 horrible games to make up for it, then you have the fact that it's played on a little screen with not so great sound.  Don't get me wrong, I just bought Gunstar Super Heroes and played it too death; but portable gaming is just barely starting to get to a point where it's good.  The GBA had a horrible resolution screen that was badly lit.

The 20 horrible game part you can say about ANY console too.
I never had a problem with the screen, but I only had an SP. =/

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005, 12:11:20 am »
I've never had a problem with screen resolution, back from the days of the original fourtone GameBoy.

qualityretro.net

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2005, 12:12:45 am »
I need a gameboy player >_>  But it wasn't high enough on my priority list because of lack of GBA games.  lol

poor saturn
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2005, 12:14:21 am »
Ya know, I actually have a Gameboy Player but it's just lying there collecting dust *sniff*

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2005, 12:16:12 am »
I have a Super GameBoy from back in the day. Never cared for a GB Player, because... I just don't. Headphones + DS works for me.

qualityretro.net

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2005, 04:14:17 pm »
Quote from: "Negi-kun"
Yeah, Gameboy games suck. Portables suck in general.

Yes, because everyone knows Gunstar Super Heros, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Shining Force, Harvest Moon, Lunar Legend, Puyo Pop Fever!, Warioware Touched!, Super Mario 64 DS, Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DS, Pokemon, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Megaman Zero, Astro Boy, Super Mario Adavnced, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Phoneix Wright, Metros, Lumines, Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart DS, Bomberman DS, River City Randsom EX and others are such crap!

CJMErl: ...and Sonic Rush. *SHOT*

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005, 09:04:55 am »
If I may...

...There is actually a DS game out there that made me XD my ass off!  SPRUNG was one of the funniest games at the time!  It's sheer ridiculousness was awesome in ways that literally had me rotflmfao'ing!

So portables do not suck.

...Unless you're referring to the not-so-portable Virtual Boy.*FACE'd*

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 09:13:54 am »
CJMErl: If you're looking for a funny DS game, I hear Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is pretty high on the humor factor.  So's Phoenix Wright, for that matter...