Author Topic: Rockman & Forte Soundtrack!  (Read 19844 times)

Rockman & Forte Soundtrack!
« on: April 21, 2005, 06:01:26 pm »
Hello, I was just wondering if you plan on doing a soundtrack selection for Rockman & Forte (Mega Man & Bass). The game was part of the "Original Series" of Mega Man. So, I think it would be a great idea to have this game included within all the other Mega Man games in the "Original Series".

It just doesn't feel complete without this game, and I would greatly appreciate if you take this into consideration. Thank You!  :D

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:18:43 pm »
The forum has a search function... I swear, ROckman and Forte has come up at least 20 times in different topics.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:09:27 pm »
well I have all the songs in 128 kbps, If you REALLY want them i guess i could give em away
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:37:42 pm »
That's alright. I just found an SPC set of the game with a guide on how to convert them into MP3's. So, I won't be needing those songs from you, but thanks anyway!  :)

Also, sorry about the request being brought up many times before.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 09:38:30 pm »
But that wasn't a line-in recording now, was it? ;)

I can make an SPC conversion just as easily too, you know, and have it sound entirely identical to the original cartridge's sound (but no sound effects would give it away as an SPC rip, naturally).
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 10:26:58 pm »
Can you tell me exactly HOW to convert SPC's to mp3's, please neotheone? I've been looking for a way for quite some time (1+ years) and all methods have ended in failure. I won't think of submitting or anything with the converts, I jsut want to use them for my purposes. (Front Mission Gun Hazard soundtrack! wOOt!)

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 11:23:38 pm »
Just get a SPC plugin for Winamp (assuming you use said program) and use its mp3 exporting feature.
ric!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 11:50:32 pm »
Winamp has an mp3 exporting program? NICE! Now I can make an ff7 soundtrack (for myself) with it fromt he psf's!

Uh... Where is the mp3 exporter? In the plug in selector screen?

(and yes, I use winamp for basically everything.)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 06:48:14 am »
The beginner's guide to turning emulated music into redbook audio:
1.  Plug the files into Winamp's playlist.
2.  Go to Preferences.
3.  Go to Output.
4.  Select Disk Writer and configure it with the proper output folder.
5.  Take off shuffle and repeat, and play the first file.
This will output the files into waves, and then you can convert them into mp3s, ogg vorbis, or lossless.  I'll leave the more advanced and complicated features to myself for now ;)
agerly anticipating:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 10:16:54 am »
WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Axelay and FF7 soundtrack, COME TO ME!

What I like to do is make copies of my favorite songs in the same folder as the originals. That way they're all arranged properly (in order as they appear in the game) and they're easy to find and locate. They all have 'copy of' at the start of their name. Just a little tip I do to help organize my massive collection.

Thanks a lot, neotheone! You're the second-best! (protoman, naturally, is best, since he's the original guy here and makes and maintains the site and forum.)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 03:42:29 pm »
Yes, Protoman is the best.  He provides the hosting and bandwidth for everyone, too  :D :D :D
agerly anticipating:

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 02:37:22 pm »
curious as to how you would get them to sound 'entirely identical' to the actual console's sound, assuming you weren't being sarcastic. my experiences with snes sound emulation have been so far from the 'real thing' it was pathetic.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 03:58:58 pm »
Using the latest version of SNESAmp (3.2), changing the default settings from "High quality" to "Like SNES", and using high-quality SPC dumps.  For both of these, go to http://www.alpha-ii.com/snesmusic/v2/
agerly anticipating:

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 05:07:35 pm »
wow, thanks for the info. looks like someone does care about stuff like that after all.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 08:40:17 pm »
I have to say then, what is the advantage to a line-in recording? I have done this on several occasions, and it sounds okay, but if you can get the exact same sound as the SNES, then SPC rips seem to be the way to go.

BTW not the original Guest