Author Topic: This isn't a video game you're playing!  (Read 12419 times)

UltraLukemeister

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/OneAndOnlyLukemeister
This isn't a video game you're playing!
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:36:48 pm »
Here's something that caught my eye...

When Mega Man said "This isn't a video game you're playing!" in the episode 'Ice Age', it got me to thinking...

There are many video games out there from and for Mega Man...

But what if someone were to make one that was TRUE to the TV series?
 :P

Y'know:  Mega Man and everyone else would be all buff, and you could attempt to grab the other robots' weapons, and Roll would provide side assistance, and you could call on Rush in any one of his vehicle forms, no matter what the level...you know, that sorta thing.
 :D

I'll be attending a school for 3D game-making soon. I was thinking that it would be awesome if I could make a game where you play as buff Mega Man in his realm, battling the evil Dr. Wily's robots in places from the show, like Kennedy International Airport, and Robosaurus Park, all while re-enacting events from each of the episodes.

That would SO rock, man. (Rock man HAH!!) :lol:

What do you guys think?
quot;Now I've got your power!"

Mr. Fortune Cookie

• I'm whalers on the moon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 04:14:05 pm »
New video games never hurt. lol. Seriously, sounds pretty interesting. I would like to hear the results

8) : Someone poured paint all over my glasses

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:03:35 am »
*anime headrub* Where's Yami when we need him?

Seriously, not a bad idea, but it takes more than one person to make such a game, and if you tried it yourself, it'd probably take years.

And dude, that joke was lame.  It was lame even well before I did it here.

Oh, and double-posting here is the quickest way to piss off the mods and admins here, not to mention get banned.  Watch yourself, and learn the edit button.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 10:39:57 am »
Quote from: "Byte Man"
*anime headrub* Where's Yami when we need him?

You rang?  *SHOT*
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:24:36 pm »
Bad boys. >=(

Crystalman

• View Profile
Re: This isn't a video game you're playing!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 11:50:32 pm »
Quote from: "UltraLukemeister"

When Mega Man said "This isn't a video game you're playing!" in the episode 'Ice Age', it got me to thinking...

Y'know:  Mega Man and everyone else would be all buff, and you could attempt to grab the other robots' weapons, and Roll would provide side assistance, and you could call on Rush in any one of his vehicle forms, no matter what the level...you know, that sorta thing.

I'll be attending a school for 3D game-making soon. I was thinking that it would be awesome if I could make a game where you play as buff Mega Man in his realm, battling the evil Dr. Wily's robots in places from the show, like Kennedy International Airport, and Robosaurus Park, all while re-enacting events from each of the episodes.

What do you guys think?

I love the idea of a Megaman game based off the television show (probably why I liked Legends so much) If you make it, run it online dude. I'll totally play it.
img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/trza721/637f2d33.gif[/img]
OOPSY!1! DK PWNED JOOO!!!11!

mugenmidget

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.emulationzone.org/chan9/
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 01:25:23 am »
I actually tried to make a game like this using Multimedia Fusion once, but I couldn't even get enough good BGMs from the show to work off of.

I still have what little I was able to clean up for background music, if you need it.
ye-ly!

RetroJape

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 04:44:46 pm »
As long as you make a part in the game featuring Megaman X.

"Hey that's my friend you're shooting at!"

*bitchslaps snakeman*

*Game Credits*

UltraLukemeister

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/OneAndOnlyLukemeister
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »
Alright...getting quite some positive feedback :D

You see, I had an idea for how the weapons system could work (and it seemed really sweet at the time):

Let's say Mega Man and Bomb Man are duking it out at Kennedy International Airport, just like in the first episode. Bomb Man throws a bomb, Mega Man shoots it out and shoots Bomb Man in the process. Here's where the real fun comes in: every time you strike a Robot Master, he gets stunned temporarily. Of course, the size of the Robot Master also helps to determine his reaction time. But regardless: This is your chance to "grab" his weapon (Prerequisite: Enemy is stunned & push O button when near him). Depending on how much health he has left will determine the probability of Mega Man successfully obtaining his weapon; more health means a lesser chance, less health means a higher chance. So technically, the Robot Master doesn't have to be dead for you to get his weapon.  8)
And yes, if you do successfully get the robot's weapon, the good ol' cinematic will play with the schematic molding into Mega's head. So awesome... :twisted:
It's up to you, you could skimp out on the offensive and try your luck, or you could go through the trouble of beating the snot out of him, but you'll get the weapon almost guaranteed.  :twisted:

In a nutshell, if you play your cards right, you could go through a whole area, nabbing every one of the Robot Masters' weapons without blowing up a single robot. Ooh, I should make that a side mission... :idea:
quot;Now I've got your power!"

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 03:59:06 pm »
Heh that sorta sounds like Castlevania Curse of Darkness's stealing system.
ric!

springfield

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:05 pm »
New video games never hurt. lol. Seriously, sounds pretty interesting. I would like to hear the results

8) : Someone poured paint all over my glasses

Actualy i love megaman, and when the megaman battle serie network and the game released i realy felt hurt...
Everyone then suddenly thoughd... that megaman, megaman x, megaman zero are all megaman battle network serie... ( they also thought megaman 64 and legends where also but those suck... so i didint mind those )
So i was like... no... megaman going downhil :(, this cant be!!!

ElecMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 01:27:32 am »

Y'know:  Mega Man and everyone else would be all buff, and you could attempt to grab the other robots' weapons, and Roll would provide side assistance, and you could call on Rush in any one of his vehicle forms, no matter what the level...you know, that sorta thing.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Deus35

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:32 am »
Heh that sorta sounds like Castlevania Curse of Darkness's stealing system.

Indeed, but you don't gotta hurt them to steal.
Magma Dragoon > All