Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 36264 times)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Hi there!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 05:56:52 pm »
Somehow, throughout these last few posts, I've been getting the vibe that you think I'm some kind of evil maniac hellbent on making people think that I came up with the wonderful and original idea of making stupid cartoon mashups.

Faris

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 06:16:19 pm »
Didn't you?
rigger says:
YOU SO VERY BUS

mugenmidget

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.emulationzone.org/chan9/
Hi there!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 09:10:48 am »
Quote from: "Superyoshi"
Somehow, throughout these last few posts, I've been getting the vibe that you think I'm some kind of evil maniac hellbent on making people think that I came up with the wonderful and original idea of making stupid cartoon mashups.
I wouldn't go that far.  I just found the whole situation hilarious and I'm glad that you can at least recognize how ridiculous it got thanks to your fervent campaign.

The only reason I got involved is because I saw "Mr. Simon's" musical remix of clips from Mama Luigi and noticed that related videos usually involved the same tightly knit group of people.  Then I saw you were giving it the nomenclature of "YouTube Poop", which sparked quite an interesting phenomenon of something that is honestly fairly commonplace.

And at first I was glad to find out that someone I knew was at the forefront of trying to define this as something halfway legitimate, creating references in Wikipedia articles and its own article (albeit sadly not considered worth Wikipedia's time, apparently).  

But along the way I started to notice a pattern of arrogance from your person.  The rest of your troupe didn't seem so insistent on taking credit so I wondered what compelled you to take such a strong stance.

However, you're definitely not in the same mindset you seemed to be in a few months or so ago, so you've obviously come to your senses.  I just pushed the issue because I needed some closure on your attitudes in this scenario, because from the little I know of you, it didn't seem to mesh well with your vibrant personality.

And I'm sorry for making this so long winded, but with the terms you used I genuinely fear that you think I was personally attacking you, when I really was just curious what had sparked this trend of elitism from someone so humble.  Hopefully I've made it pretty clear that I was just acting upon some personal observations I found humorous, and was never on a crusade to bring your (non-existant) injustices to light.
ye-ly!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Hi there!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »
The only reason I got involved is because I saw "Mr. Simon's" musical remix of clips from Mama Luigi and noticed that related videos usually involved the same tightly knit group of people.  Then I saw you were giving it the nomenclature of "YouTube Poop", which sparked quite an interesting phenomenon of something that is honestly fairly commonplace.

"tightly knit" is an overstatement.  A VAST overstatment.  We're not a group.  I only know a small percentage of the people who do the same stuff with the same episodes.  Yamino, Retrojape, Fortune, MrSimon, 1upClock, and Tetsuo.  All the others I do not know personally and neither do the others.  Oh, and I absolutley despise calling it "Youtube Poop" and I did not come up nor coin the phrase.  To me, they're just called "messed up videos"

And at first I was glad to find out that someone I knew was at the forefront of trying to define this as something halfway legitimate, creating references in Wikipedia articles and its own article (albeit sadly not considered worth Wikipedia's time, apparently).

I never, EVER, tried to make this seem halfway legitamate.  I submitted them for my own amusement, because I figured they'd confuse and just plain anger most of Youtube's audience.  Also, Tetsuo made the Wikipedia edits, not me.  There's even a topic someone made (I think it might've been Yamino, I'm really not sure) when the edit was made, and we were all surprised it happened and wondered who did it.  You seem to be jumping to conclusions a bit too much with me, which is why I thought you were personally attacking me about something so trivial.

But along the way I started to notice a pattern of arrogance from your person.  The rest of your troupe didn't seem so insistent on taking credit so I wondered what compelled you to take such a strong stance.

I'm assuming this is about the whole "Yes, I started the whole Youtube Poop thing, etc"?  Not as much arrogance as it is that all these people who are doing this thinks that it is some kind of soulless internet fad.  If I actually knew most of these people, there'd be no need for such a message, but I just feel I needed to just to give some information and maybe give people heads up that this isn't some dumb organized, soulless internet meme like it seems to have become.  That "Over 9,000" video which was submitted in October seems to have had a big effect on this.  Now people see one of the Mama Luigi or Robotnik something videos, they think it's just a template for humor.  For God's sake, people have said "This will never be as popular as Over 9,000" or "Not as funny as Over 9,000" as if it's some kind of Youtube popularity contest when these videos are just submitted for our own enjoyment (and maybe other people's confusions as a bonus.  MY "Kawaii Naruto Fandub" is evidence of this.)

However, you're definitely not in the same mindset you seemed to be in a few months or so ago, so you've obviously come to your senses.  I just pushed the issue because I needed some closure on your attitudes in this scenario, because from the little I know of you, it didn't seem to mesh well with your vibrant personality.

Not really come to my senses.  I really don't know what "mindset" you're talking about.  This is how I've always acted, and always thought.  Maybe if you knew me as well as, say, Retro or Yamino, you'd have different thoughts about me.

And I'm sorry for making this so long winded, but with the terms you used I genuinely fear that you think I was personally attacking you, when I really was just curious what had sparked this trend of elitism from someone so humble.  Hopefully I've made it pretty clear that I was just acting upon some personal observations I found humorous, and was never on a crusade to bring your (non-existant) injustices to light.

Haha, eletism.  If you've ever seen eletism from me, you either took it the wrong way, or it was satrical.  It's usually the latter.  People seem to say I'm a very modest person.

This post is too long.

Mr. Fortune Cookie

• I'm whalers on the moon.
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 11:19:41 pm »
The term Youtube poop came from Tetsuo. Kill him for it.  :D

mugenmidget

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.emulationzone.org/chan9/
Hi there!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 01:35:19 pm »
Basically the only thing you've said that really struck me as truly odd was this:

YES, I AM THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS WHOLE "SUBMIT MESSED UP VIDEO GAME CARTOONS TO YOUTUBE" ORDEAL. SO DON'T ASK.

AND NO, THESE VIDEOS ARE NOT INSPIRED, NOR ARE THEY RIPPED OFF OF THAT ONCE FUNNY 4CHAN MEME BUT NOW OVERUSED "OVER 9,000" MEME. CHECK THE DATES, WHY DON'T YOU.

Although I suppose I can understand it to some extent, since I'm sure you probably did receive a lot of e-mail about the videos.

Obviously I just misunderstood your attitude, and I'm glad you were thorough about how you felt (in other words, your post was anything but too long).  Thank you very much for clearing this up for me, it's good to know I just had the wrong perspective.
ye-ly!

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
Hi there!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:51 pm »
Quote from: "Mr. Fortune Cookie"

It was either him or me. I'm not really sure I remember clearly having a conversation with him and he said "Yamino, gonna submit some more poop to YouTube?" Whatever the case may be, I hate HATE HATE that phrase so much. I never made the videos to be popular in the first place, I only made them just for the hell of it. If I knew the impact of them, I would have never submitted them to YouTube in the first place.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 07:04:55 pm »
Another thing : I feel like the reason why the damn videos are popular in the first place is all my doing. I gave the links to all my friends and family, and then the damn Inuyasha stuff I submitted attracted a bunch of idiots.

Hi there!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 11:36:34 pm »
Yeah, but doesn't InuYasha stuff ALWAYS attract idiots?
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 06:21:46 pm »
Most anime fans are.

Faris

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 09:57:58 pm »
Quote from: "CJMErl / Yami CJMErl"
Yeah, but doesn't Japanese stuff ALWAYS attract idiots?

Yeah that's true.
rigger says:
YOU SO VERY BUS

Tetsuo9999

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 03:30:04 pm »
Quote from: "Yaminomalex"

It was either him or me. I'm not really sure I remember clearly having a conversation with him and he said "Yamino, gonna submit some more poop to YouTube?" Whatever the case may be, I hate HATE HATE that phrase so much. I never made the videos to be popular in the first place, I only made them just for the hell of it. If I knew the impact of them, I would have never submitted them to YouTube in the first place.

No, it wasn't me. You messaged "Check out my latest Youtube Poop" to me a few months ago, and it just stuck.

Tetsuo9999

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 03:31:36 pm »

Yamino said that buh6173 came up with it or something. I know for a fact that it wasn't me.

Tetsuo9999

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 03:34:34 pm »
Quote from: "Yaminomalex"
Another thing : I feel like the reason why the damn videos are popular in the first place is all my doing. I gave the links to all my friends and family, and then the damn Inuyasha stuff I submitted attracted a bunch of idiots.

Meh, it's the Internet. There's no rhyme or reason to having something you upload to it becoming popular. The stupidest thing can become a phenomenon overnight (Numa Numa, 9000, etc.), while more deserving pieces of work go unnoticed.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »
Buh didn’t coin the term, but he  sure as hell mainstreamed it. I think it came out as nothing more than a little dumb side comment I made during an AIM conversation I had with Tetsuo and it stuck. much to my dismay. O: