Author Topic: the heck?  (Read 5535 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
the heck?
« on: May 07, 2005, 04:36:09 pm »
After I defragged my computer, I turned it off and went to bed. (I left it on overnight, actually. it took a long time) So I thought that in the morning I'd restart it so ti could start fresh. But, ti said in that screen the says 'welcome' that my windows profile may be corrupt and it looged me in a temporary profile.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it? I don't know it it means anything, but I have 2 hard drives. Should I defrag them both?

Thanks in advance.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 10:07:11 pm »

Did you use your computer while defragmenting?  What size are all your partitions?  What file format (FAT32 or NTFS)?  How old is your computer?

And of course, what kind of hard drive do you have?  I hear there are some pretty darn cheap ones out there that don't work very well ;)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 10:14:08 pm »
Company make: Sony Vaio
HD style: FAT32
Partitions: Don't have a clue what you mean.
I didn't use it while defraging. I just turned on the defragger and went to bed. It was done in the morning, so I restarted the computer and it gave me those error messages.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 10:16:48 pm »
Okay..

When you open up My Computer, how many hard drives show up?  And how many hard drives are actually in your computer?
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:18:19 pm »
Two hard drives show up, and there's two hard drives on my comp. I only defragged the C: HD, sine it has system files and stuff. D: the secondary HD has all my game files and everything of mine, since it's bigger.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:19:25 pm »
Used space, free space, and total capacity?
agerly anticipating:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 10:23:23 pm »
C: total size: 15.9 gb  free space: 5.36 gb   used space: 10.54 gb
D: Total size: 41.2 gb  free space: 34.4 gb   used space: 6.8 gb

neothe0ne

• View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 10:40:28 pm »
Well, generally, you should have at least 15% free space on the hard drive you defragment, or else you could encounter problems...

I'm not sure why you had a problem though...
agerly anticipating:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
the heck?
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 11:27:27 pm »
Well, the program checked to make sure I had a good amount of room before I defragged, so I dunno.

Thanks anyways. I'll have to call my friend, who is an utter expert on all forms of computers.