Author Topic: This forum is too slow...  (Read 68713 times)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
This forum is too slow...
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 10:50:41 pm »
Quote from: "Trigger"
Remember "its not your post count that matters, but makeing those posts count."

Well duh, anyone who uses forums knows this. Unless they use the Gamefaqs forum. Those guys are all n00bs.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Broadus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 03:27:23 am »
Oh, GameFAQs... I haven't really been to their forums, but have you ever read any reviews for any game on GameFAQs? It's always the worst crap that people say. It makes no sense. They either bash a title or love it to death, but either way the result of their mislead feelings becomes a hideous, misshapen baby of improper grammar and misguiding strings of incomprehensible nonsense.
When I say all that, I mean I think the reviews are stupid and whether they promote or demote the game, they're just terrible reviews and the reviewers shouldn't even waste their time trying to type on their keyboard to magically make words appear on the screen.

lol ur s0 funy

Wow, I did it. Astounding.

Oh, I have a special talent, too! Wait, does a special talent need to be even mildly unique or stand out as something I can do that others can't?

Well, I guess I don't have a special talent. Not that I need one. Because I have a summer job. Which means money. And, when you have money, who needs looks and talents?
BOOYA.

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 03:39:13 am »
And, when you have money, who needs looks and talents?

Becuase people can make WAAAAAYYY better pay when your good looking, and have talent for what you do. ;)
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 07:12:18 am »
Depending on the profession, you won't need any sorts of looks at all to succeed in it.

Broadus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 11:42:40 am »
My dad pays me eight dollars an hour to mow lawns, inspect houses, change locks, etc.* with him. That's a lot of money, especially for a fourteen-year-old.
He wouldn't pay me so much if we didn't make so much per house. To mow a new house costs fifty dollars but if the grass is too high or there's too much debris, we bid it and can usually get one-hundred and fifty dollars for it. We did one lawn for two-hundred and fifty dollars that we agreed was more of a four-hundred dollar lawn because of its tall grass and hilly slopes, but we had accepted it beforehand and couldn't bid it. It was only about an hour of work, maybe two, and we still got paid what we expected to be paid.
I always tell my dad, "Remember: There are many, many people who make a lot less money an hour." He doesn't get paid by the hour, though, just by his speed in doing assignments.

* This is all done on houses that nobody lives in anymore.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 11:54:39 am »
Quote from: "Broadus"

* This is all done on houses that nobody lives in anymore.

I should hope so... Still, that sounds like it's a good job (for one of your age) I have a friend who's thirteen and he makes a fair sum of money doing a paper route. He's good at it, too.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 03:52:32 pm »
Heh, I'm sixteen and I only get $6.75/hour. That's American, mind you, and it's not bad money, especially since I don't pay bills.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 05:40:02 pm »
I don't have a source of income at all. How I bought a GBA SP all on my own is a wonder to me...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 07:53:25 pm »
The week after SP was released at my local Wal-Mart, my uncle had me come on as an apprentice to his lawn mowing business. I worked for $20 a day, but the days were short, he paid gas/drinks/etc. Within a few days I had enough money, and luckily, he never asked me to help him again. Fate was good to me.

qualityretro.net

Trigger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 11:34:47 pm »
I've been trying to get a job myself. Though theres not much. But meh....
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2005, 05:19:22 am »
i got one!! :D

this server is invincible!!!

Trigger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2005, 05:26:35 am »
Your a looney.
Skull says:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2005, 03:15:18 pm »
Trigger! Do NOT call Protoman a looney! Thtat is up to Ponoka to decide!

(as a note: Ponoka is a town near where I live that has a very reputable mental hospital.)

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2005, 07:06:43 pm »
Everyone here is a little looney.

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2005, 07:36:48 pm »
Everyone here is c'ept Protoman and Lacus. (seriously, have you seen that girl do long division? She's far beyond my skills will ever be.)