Author Topic: Why dreamcast pwns all!  (Read 7474 times)

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:10:03 pm »
RECORD OF LODOSS WAR!

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 12:32:36 pm »
4ail. Sonic Adventure pwns all lulz

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 12:43:02 pm »
Yeah, but they remastered it on GC and attempted to make the dreamcast useless. but until they remake RECORD OF LODOSS WAR, the dreamcast will never be pwned!

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 05:15:30 pm »
That game was on Super Famicom and Game Boy, among other systems.
ric!

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:00:11 pm »
in 3D? with VA's?

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:00:31 pm »
in 3D? with VA's?

RetroJape

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:36 pm »
http://alexandria.rpgclassics.com/game.php?game=794

Very few screenshots and info about the game^

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:01:14 pm »
you play as parn in that game. In the game I'm refering to, you play as a red haired warrior with no name. you fight along side main characters like parn, deedlit, and the two magicians whose names I forget. I think I got stuck when the little gremlin guy freezes time and summons like five Iron giants and they kick my ass. then again, its been forever since I last played the game. I lossed the dreamcast in the closet of infinaty.

bonus points for anybody who can get a picture of the closet.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 07:01:35 pm »
A man is severely burned when he gets too close to a river of molten lava; he screams as his body catches fire and we see raw burn wounds and charred skin. A man cuts off another man's hand with a lightsaber; we hear him scream, but there is no blood. A man uses a lightsaber to sever a man's hands; cauterized wounds are seen along his wrists. A man decapitates another man with a lightsaber. A man fires several lasers into a monster's chest; the monster catches on fire, cries out, and dies. A robot shoots a man with a laser gun; the man cries out. A man throws another man against a metal rail; the blow knocks him out. An alien impales a man with a lightsaber; the lightsaber protrudes from the man's chest. A man impales an alien through the chest with a lightsaber; the alien cries out. A man strikes another man with electricity; he cries out. A man emits electricity from his hands; the electricity surrounds him and severely ages and wrinkles his face. A man is severely burned; there are raw-looking burn wounds on his body and some of his skin is charred. A woman lies unconscious on the ground. A man discovers a room filled with the corpses of children. The corpse of a monster rests on the ground; flames rise from its charred skin. An alien flies a plane that explodes and crashes. A robot repeatedly swings a staff at a man. Two men attempt to cut and stab each other during a lightsaber duel. A man's plane explodes; the force of the blast hurls him through space. Two men stand on a metal structure that slowly sinks into molten lava. Men and robots exchange laser fire. A man tells another man, "You will die." A group of robots aim laser guns at a man.

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 07:18:41 pm »
*sigh* story of my life.

RetroJape

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 07:27:29 pm »
Quote from: "berserkchip"
you play as parn in that game. In the game I'm refering to, you play as a red haired warrior with no name. you fight along side main characters like parn, deedlit, and the two magicians whose names I forget. I think I got stuck when the little gremlin guy freezes time and summons like five Iron giants and they kick my ass. then again, its been forever since I last played the game. I lossed the dreamcast in the closet of infinaty.

bonus points for anybody who can get a picture of the closet.
How nice, but I've never played the game before, I just figured I'd google it.

Mr. Fortune Cookie

• I'm whalers on the moon.
    • View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:26 pm »
Quote from: "berserkchip"
*sigh* story of my life.

Life as a professional Sumo wrestler
Unlike most sports Sumo is a highly controlled way of life. The Sumo Association can prescribe the behaviour of its wrestlers in a way that would be more commonly associated with life in a commune. For example, in the wake of a serious car accident involving a rikishi the Association banned wrestlers from driving their own cars.

Sumo wrestlers can be identified immediately when in public. On entering sumo, the rikishi are expected to grow their hair long to form a topknot, or chonmage, similar to the samurai hairstyles of the Edo Period. Furthermore they are expected to wear the chonmage and traditional Japanese dress when in public.

The type and quality of the dress depends on the wrestler's rank. Rikishi in Jonidan and below are allowed to wear only a thin cotton robe called a yukata, even in winter. Furthermore they must wear a form of wooden sandals called geta when outside. These make a clip-clop sound as one walks in them. Wrestlers in the Makushita and Sandanme divisions can wear a form of traditional short overcoat over their yukata and are allowed to wear straw sandals, called zori. The sekitori can wear silk robes of their own choice and the quality of the garb is significantly improved. They also are expected to wear a more elaborate form of topknot (called an oichi-o (lit. big ginkgo leaf) on formal occasions.

Similar distinctions are made in stable life. The junior rikishi must get up earliest, around 5 a.m., for training whereas the sekitori may start around 7 a.m. When the sekitori are training the junior rikishi may have chores to do, such as assisting in cooking the lunch, cleaning and preparing the bath, or holding a sekitori's towel for him for when he needs it. The ranking hierarchy is preserved for the order of precedence in bathing after training, and in eating lunch.

Rikishi are not normally allowed to eat breakfast and are expected to have a nap after a large lunch. The most common type of lunch served is the traditional "sumo meal" of chankonabe which consists of a simmering stew cooked at table which contains various fish, meat, and vegetables. It is usually eaten with rice and washed down with beer. This regimen of no breakfast followed by a large lunch helps rikishi put on weight so as to compete more effectively. A nap after lunch also assists in this process.

In the afternoon the junior rikishi will again usually have cleaning or other chores to do, while their sekitori counterparts may relax, or deal with work issues related to their fan clubs. Younger rikishi will also attend classes, although their education differs from the typical curriculum of their non-sumo peers. In the evening sekitori may go out with their sponsors while juniors stay at home in the stable, unless they are to accompany the stablemaster or a sekitori as his manservant (or tsukebito) when he is out (this is normally a more privileged role given to a rikishi who may be nearing sekitori status himself). Becoming a tsukebito (or personal assistant) for a senior member of the stable is a typical chore. A sekitori will have many tsukebito, with the most junior responsible for cleaning and other mundane tasks. Only the most senior tsukebito will accompany the sekitori when he goes out.

The Sekitori also are given their own room in the stable or, if married, may live in their own apartments. In contrast, the junior rikishi sleep in communal dormitories.

Thus the world of the Sumo wrestler is split broadly between the junior rikishi, who serve, and the sekitori, who are served. Life is especially harsh for new recruits, to whom the worst jobs tend to be allocated, and there is a high dropout rate at this stage.

The negative effects of the sumo lifestyle become dangerously apparent later in life. Sumo wrestlers have a life expectancy of between 60 and 65, more than 10 years less than the average Japanese male. They often develop diabetes and high blood pressure, and are prone to heart attacks. The excessive intake of alcohol leads to liver problems and the stress on their joints causes arthritis. Recently, the standards of weight gain are becoming less strict, in an effort to improve the overall health of the wrestlers. [2][3]. Average height of sumo wrestlers are around 183 cm.

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:47:51 pm »
copy paste?

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 09:48:41 pm »
No, copy pasta.

berserkchip

• View Profile
Why dreamcast pwns all!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 07:33:42 am »
If that's so, I demand that it should be called ridolin!