Author Topic: A story I've worked on!  (Read 74728 times)

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2005, 04:37:20 pm »
No it's not. EX:

[1] tph has bad music ^.^

[2] yeah.. i did see the pigs fly -.-

but i understand if you're all not masters ike myself. (*^,^)
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2005, 04:46:57 pm »
.....Am I the only one cunfuzzled as hell by what Sophih just said? O_o

Nevermind, I read that wrong..ok I understand now...
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2005, 05:33:58 pm »
I got it. You have to understand Sophih to get it at first. (I understand her, so I got it right off.)

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2005, 05:57:27 pm »
Any updates on new people coming to Snow-Craft?
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2005, 11:31:45 am »
Yes, I finished describing a character I plan to be rather major to the story, but hasn't been introduced yet. (he'll be in a majority of the story, I'm not even a quarter finished from what I have planned.)

The story is on hold while I do exams and work on the character explanations (Jaeger has QUITE an explanation...)

Well, here you go.

Wedge- Wedge is a soldier that has skills that have helped Deccus’s team in many ways. He is a sniper class, and as such has excellent eye sight, combat instincts, skills for hiding, etc. When Deccus and co. have to go on vehicles to other places, Wedge is usually the one left behind to stay at home base. He hates all forms of motor transportation, and refuses to use them unless absolutely necessary. (No one knows why Wedge hates vehicles so much, though it is thought that he was dropped from a moving vehicle as a child, but that would bring fear, not hatred for vehicles.)
   For a sniper, Wedge is heavily armored. After getting a promotion from the Arcania Attack, he was allowed higher levels of equipment, such as an upgrade from the standard Longbomber sniper rifle to the experimental Farshot semi-automatic rifle. (As ultimate as the Farshot sounds, it isn’t the best for extreme long distances, but the accuracy is made up for the amount of shots it fires. One thing with the Farshot is the large amount of ammo it takes to keep it loaded. [The Farshot toys with the idea of preprepared ammo. When it lies dormant and is turned on, it automatically prepares up to ten shells prior to use, and can reload this ammo while it is in use, and can restock itself at a rate of 1 per three seconds.])
   Wedge has a very thick coat, far above standard for a regular sniper (Hence his promotion, he can wear thicker armor). It is a simple black colored coat, though sometimes it doesn’t seem very black when he needs to hide. He also has padding in his legs, and slightly heavier boots that do not impede movement yet are warmer (Wedge hates getting his feet cold.)
   Wedge has no helmet, but for minor frontal protection he always wears his polarized goggles. These not only protect his eyes from head shots, but the strap covers his ears and keeps them warmer. Another reason Wedge wears these goggles is that it hides a minority of his face from onlookers. Why Wedge continually wears these goggles is not known, but rumours flew about for a short time that he has an eye disease that swelled his eyeballs, and he hides them with goggles, but if one looks close enough one can see the outline of Wedge’s eyes, thus disproving this theory. (Anther theory is that it is so he could sleep in class and not have a teacher catch him)
   Total armor weight: 8 pounds, 14 with Longbomber, 16 with Farshot

Shed: Shed is the person who can take a lot of hits. He is actually a rather small person, but this fact is hidden by the large amounts of armor he has on. One could say that Shed decided to become a Shield Joe because he was inspired by Deccus’s exploits, and Shed became a heavier class of Shield Joe, because Shed does not like to take a hit to the skin.
   Shed is more heavily armored than any other member of his team. His helmet is thick, covers nearly all of his head and face, but from what can be seen he is a bright and optimistic person.
   His upper armor is about 1 inch thick, and it covers all area of him. The shoulders are flat, but large protruding sides stick out to protect the sides of his face. His legs are protected by hefty wood, but only on the front of his legs. His boots are painted to be the same color as his armor, light beige, and they are extremely heavy boots.
   The most startling of his armor, however, is his gigantic shield. It is 2 inches thick, 3 feet wide and 5 feet high. It can easily give total frontal protection for Shed and 2 others. The shield is heavy oak, and quite heavy and awkward to use. It is almost all of the time resting on the ground.
   Shed’s weaponry is simple. He uses a heavy pistol-type snowthrower. It fires small shells with good to great power, and has fair accuracy. It can be worked with one hand, simultaneously with his shield.
 Total armor weight: 40 pounds, 55 with shield

Jaeger: A relatively new recuit in the Snowcraft force, he is a boy of German descent. He learned English with the help of his sister, who is also in the Snwocraft force. (will be explained) Jaeger wanted to join the Snowcraft force because he knew he would be able to help with whatever went on on the Island, but his biggest choice was which side to go on. His sister went to the Howlers, and Jaeger was heavily tempted to follow, but the first Howler he met was Allouette, and Jaeger was determined to not be like him. He went to the Badger side, and he liked the way the training system worked there better than the Howler system (The Howler’s training process involves forcing each soldier to work their hardest, and has little emphasis on academic studies, whereas the Badger’s put equal focus on academic and physical training, and the training process is much easier, effective, and all soldiers end up happier than a Howler soldier)
   One can look at Jaeger and say that he looks perfectly normal. His face is happy and bright, shines intelligence but not hard to invision angered. He has a mat of brown hair, which doesn’t take any maintenance at all to keep in good shape. It seems like it is more there for simply being there than to serve any purpose. For someone aged twelve he is rather hefty, but not fat at all. He makes no effort to improve himself, since he see’s himself as a specimen that doesn’t have need or want of improvement, so he remains as he is, simply because he doesn’t want to. He see’s it as a waste of time to improve oneself, unless it aids the effort of the Badgers, such as practicing piloting.
   Jaeger is not an infantry soldier, but is rather a Pilot, meaning he can drive mechs, ski-doo’s, transports, and any other vehicles that are used. His unique driving style is difficult to copy, easy to understand. If one knows how he drives, one can hang on to the outside of a ski-doo going at full speed with ease. (Spoiler note: Later on in the story, Jaeger is the only person besides Deccus that can manage to pilot the Sliepner effectively.)
   Jaeger really doesn’t have much for armor, since he is a much better Pilot than infantry. When he is forced to run from a battle, perhaps due to a destroyed vehicle, he has a thick coat to protect from minor projectiles while he escapes to get another vehicle.

Jaeger is yet to be introduced, but he will be in the next few pages, and from there he'll be an important story character.

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2005, 03:34:42 am »
Swiftman....

url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2005, 08:03:57 am »

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2005, 09:14:53 am »
hey once you finish this story you should make a sandcraft story, and then a third one where they team up or fight each other
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2005, 11:24:21 am »
Sandcraft? Herb, d00d, I live in Canada. I know nothing about deserts. Not a thing. Snow, however, is one of my favorite things,and I thought that kids needed a story about JUST them and make them kinda bad-ass, unlike Harry Potter. Heck, the teachers at the Academy in Snowcraft are still kids! Albiet older kids, but still! Harry Potter makes kids wave wands and stuff. Me? I make them shoot stuff, tackle people, use violence a lot (uh, oh. Hope there isn't going to be a Mothers Against Snowcraft....) AND my story has mechs in it. DING! *thumbs up* Compare THAT to Harry Potter! Which is cooler, huh? Wands vs. Snowthrowers. Hmm......

*EDIT* Yes, actually, Sandcraft sounds good. After I'm done Snowcraft, I'll have to move to the desert or a much warmer place (Newport, maybe....) and I'll write that up, and cross them over. I'll have to either revamp the system for age and stuff, or set it all in the same universe and everything, just at a different location. (it'll be like Dune, but with kids!)

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2005, 08:58:01 am »
haha cool

and then to promote it i can write an atlanta-based-MODERNCRAFT based in the city. and since its sooooo boring because its just kids' normal lives; everybody will start to read yours

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2005, 07:44:33 pm »
Heh.... Streetcraft... I think if I did that, along with Snowcraft and sandcraft, Blizzard would be at my throat in lawsuits. Better not risk it.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2005, 09:26:36 pm »
haha yea besides we already have streetcraft, its called Grand Theft Auto

keep up the work

Kagemitsu

• View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2005, 11:55:06 pm »
If you think his current explanations are good, wait until you see what he wrote about the inner workings of the Island. That peice of work really clears a lot of things up. It's not near done yet, but from what he has so far, it's very good.
quote]Shadowrun is a game where discussion about getting Coke from a vending machine can involve the phrase "missile launcher"[/quote]
-Brian Clevinger, 8-bit theater founder

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2005, 05:51:39 pm »
Inner workings of the Island you say, Kag? Ask and you shall recieve. MINION!
 :arrow: *pokes ear* Knall, you can yell loud.
Hey, I'm the Swiftman. Feel lucky you don't work for Garland.
 :arrow: Yes, I'm glad for that. Well, what did you want?
load up characters.doc and paste the inner working section onto this post.
 :arrow: That's all? You could do that easily yourself.
It's more fun to yell MINION! Now, get going on it, MINION!
 :arrow: *clicks and types* Fine.... Enter twice, and.... CTRL+V!

T H E   W O R K I N G S   O F   T H E   I S L A N D

The Island, as it is called since no official name has been given to it (to distinguish a normal island from the Island is the obvious capitalization of the I). It is used as a long-term military simulation for those between the ages of 7-14. Simply put, it is a winter camp for children to get stronger, gain friends, and have a good time (as the sales brochure says).
   The island was set up by the United Nations as an attempt to decrease racism in the world. An island was discovered off the northern coast of Alaska that was perfect for military simulations, but rather than have the military use it, they decided to use it for the use of children. Children of all countries are welcome to come and participate, though a good knowledge of English will help, but isn’t necessary. No adults are in the workings of the Island, only children, mostly the General or whoever is in second in charge of the Howler’s at the time, (at the moment, Clash manages the Howler’s end)
   The minimum age for entry into the Island is seven years. If the child wants to go to the Island, and the parents simply pay the minor admission fee and the cost of the ride there. Once there, the child is there for good. Their stay is not permanent in any way, and they can leave at any time they so choose, or take a break for a week. It is not a problem. However, they are allowed to leave for Christmas or family emergency’s, but they don’t have to go if they don’t want to. Letter’s to home are free, and the governments of the various countries involved pay for the shipping of letter’s to and from the families and their children on the Island.
   Once a child is at the island, they are presented with numerous choices. They can join either the Howler’s or the Badgers. If they chose Badgers, they are interviewed by the General for validity. For an example, we will use the author, Swiftman, as if he was just about to join the Snowcraft force.

What is your name?
Devon Kirk
Why do you want to join the Snowcraft Force?
It sounds like fun, and I think I could do good in it.
Where are you from?
Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada. I lived in the country and not the city.
Do you plan to use your real name or a nickname during your stay here?
Nickname, please.
What would you like to be called?
Swiftman, preferably.
How old are you?
7 years old.
What obvious physical skills do you have?
I can run really fast, even through deep snow, and I can dodge stuff really good. And I’m good at climbing ropes, tree’s and rocks, and I’m unfazed by -30 C temperature.
Impressive. What sort of mental attributes do you have?
I can remain unfazed after taking a hit to the head (thank you, Kary) and I can keep track of multiple enemies at once in my head. Plus I can think and decide very quickly.
What type of weapon would you like to use? (Ie: pistol, rifle, melee weapon, etc)
I would like a medium range rifle type weapon, and a light melee weapon. I can fire at them from a fair distance away, but still be able to charge into their face and smack them up.
Anything else you feel you want to note?
Do I have to do any school work here? I don’t like to do school work.
Yes, but sorry. You will be at the Academy for 3 years, and during that time you must follow standard school curriculum as you would if you stayed home, along with your  physical training. You have to learn less than most though, since you already know English.
Well, crap. I was hoping I could get out of school, but whatever. It still sounds fun. I would like to ask though, if a few of my friends come along with me here, would they be able to go with me wherever I go?
You can request to attend the same classes, but after you join the regular army there is nothing that can be done. If you are appointed in the same regiment, that’s good. But after a year of working in the army, you can join another team or if one of you has obtained Valiant status, then you may form your own team.
Cool! Thanks! Actually, I have one more question.
What’s that?
Do you always hide yourself in the shadows like that? And if so, then can I see you? I promise I won’t tell anyone.
*silence*
Uh, okay. Well, see ya later, General guy. *leaves*
Guh! Finally! I thought that guy would never leave. *sound of pop can opening heard*

That is the standard interview for Badger recruits. (40% of recruits ask to see the General’s face. The range of excuses are quite varied, but all meet the same answer.)
   In order to decide which team to decide at the start, new recruits are described both teams in the pamphlet and on the website.

Badgers: A team devoted to fair play and honor, the Badgers train their recruits very well and make sure they can fight before they are sent to the field. They always fight fair, and they never do anything they don’t think they can do. They use a perfect balance of physical strength and academic excellence in order to achieve victory
*insert Badger logo here*
Howlers: A team that does not go to war without achieving total victory. They train their soldiers extremely well, focusing mainly on physical strength. It is easier to become a higher ranking officer with the Howlers, and you can command entire armies after only a year in the army. The Howlers try their best to obtain victory, and accept no other outcome.
*insert Howler logo here*

These are unbiased descriptions of both teams. Orwell, a natural writer on the Badger team, has written a far more accurate review on the teams:
Badgers: These guys are great. They focus on an equality of schooling and training, honing both their mind and their body. They never cheat, they fight fair, and never push their troops too hard.
Howlers: These guys stink. They will do anything (repeat: ANYTHING) to win. They don’t do hardly any schooling, and work mainly on physical training, and hardly anything else.
   These explanations have been refused numerous times, no matter how many times they are revised, since new recruits must be given an unbiased explanation, in order to give them an equal chance to choose the right team for them.
   Many students complain that the requirements for being acceptable for the army are too high. Whenever this happens, they are sent to the General, and they are spoken to from him. Usually the reluctant recruits are told that they can grab a gun and go on the field now. Most are silent after that, and they return to the Academy to continue their training. Once, a soldier by the name of Ratchet went to Dagor, asked for a fighter’s outfit, and left Vahal. He hasn’t been seen or heard of since, but it is believed that he now lives as a Neutral, fighting off whoever he comes across with skill beyond anything else seen. This, however, is just a myth of the Island and hasn’t been approved or disproved.
   It has often been wondered what the point of this fight is. Sure, the United Nations put this all up to help against racism in children, but beyond that is wondered. Why must the Badgers fight against the Howlers? Some soldiers have wondered this, but soon forgot it. However, one girl by the name of Astrologica has wondered this, and has devoted her life on the Island solely to this purpose. She does not fight, but nor does she want to. She will not defend herself, or attack either, so attacking her is utterly pointless. She is a wandering philosopher of sorts, wrapped in many layers, wandering the barren plains of the Island, finding battle after battle, and pondering for the cause of it all. She has not found her answer, and her time is running short. As soon as she turns 14, she will have to leave and never return. She hopes to find the answer before then, but the chances of it are very slim. She cannot see any sort of reason, even after 6 years of wandering and pondering, she has not found the slightest inkling to the answer. Perhaps she cannot find the answer since she lacks a proper question to find the answer to…
   That is the main gist of how the inner workings of the Island work. I hope that this has cleared some things up for you. (Maybe after I’m done Snowcraft, I’ll make a separate book that has all the explanation things like this and the characters, and anything else I come up with.)

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A story I've worked on!
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2005, 09:53:54 pm »
Theres a chance im wrong, but is Ratchet based off of me?