Author Topic: Some of my 3-D models  (Read 11161 times)

Kagemitsu

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:58:27 am »
I would like to share with you some of my 3-D models that I've done at school. It's a model of a cabin that I did the floor plan of in AutoCAD, and the 3-D model in Rhinoceros.

This was a render I did half way through completing the second floor of the cabin.

This is the same view point, but it shows the program options and stuff. (yes, that winamp song is from Gunstar Heroes.)

This was the completed model, once I added grass, water, sand and trees.

Here's the same thing, but from a different viewpoint.

Thanks for looking at these, if you did. I worked pretty hard on them. A lot of help was done from Swiftman, since he let me use his photobucket account, taught me how to work that 3D program, and let me use his school computer to work on it all.
quote]Shadowrun is a game where discussion about getting Coke from a vending machine can involve the phrase "missile launcher"[/quote]
-Brian Clevinger, 8-bit theater founder

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:19:37 am »
Tell me, since it is shown that you made the inside, did you make a complete model of a cabin? inside and out?

Thats impressive. I've tryed my fair share of 3-D modeling programs, and I SUXXORZ.

These are pretty good.
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 12:48:55 pm »
That's pretty cool, some day you'll have to make a walkthrough video for us to see your entire cabin.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 05:29:17 pm »
There's an option to do a fly through video in Rhino. Me an' Kag should do that.

Yes, taht cabin is rendered inside and out. The second floor and first floor are on different layers, adn you can turn layers on and off at will with Rhino, allowing easy access to the inside. He has everything in there. Toilets, bathtubs, windows, tables, counters, frides, the whole 9 yards. You just can't see it in the first stages of it's construction, or once it's finished on the outside. Tomorrow at lunch, Kag, we'll turn off the second floor layer, do up the first floor render to a jpeg, then the socond floor with the roof off.

As a note, Kagemitsu didnt' take classes on this program at all. I taught him everything about it. I know the program really good, but making the models is Kag's line of work. He can get his mind around the whole 3D thing better than I can, and I've taken classes on that stuff. (I did pass, but I'm way better at AutoCAD than Rhino.)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:09:47 pm »
Wow, very nice!  Great job!  That looks awesome.  I know 3D programs are hard, too >.>

Kagemitsu

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:48:09 am »
I got some more done.

This side of the cabin hasn't beens een yet. That big gap on the side there is a single car garage.

Another picture, only close up.

The original program that I drew the floor plan in, AutoCAD, which I pasted that floor plan into Rhino, and from there I made the model. (that was a super smash bros melee song on there. I think it was Corneria...)

Thanks everyone, for taking interest in my work here. I really appreciate it.
quote]Shadowrun is a game where discussion about getting Coke from a vending machine can involve the phrase "missile launcher"[/quote]
-Brian Clevinger, 8-bit theater founder

Lacus

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 12:34:14 pm »
Very nice job, Kag. You're really progressing good on your work. (far beyond Swiftman.)
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Swiftman/lacus2.jpg[/img]

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:33:25 pm »
Looking good! I'm not to font of the textures, but that's probably because what you're using is just to give an idea of what a house would look like once built. Anyway, let's see some more fun with three dees.

qualityretro.net

Sophih

• View Profile
    • http://www.divisionofhardcoresamples.com/
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 04:24:13 pm »
WOW FROM SCRATCH!!! THAT's really cool
Krar only edits and improves and sometime totally kills
quote]Me... See...[/quote]

RobotKnight Crystal

• View Profile
    • http://clest.deviantart.com/
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 12:13:46 am »
Whoa really nice works there :)
Hope you keep woeking with 3D till I have the money to hire you on my game compoany someday XD (when the company exists :P) would be aewsome your 3D evirionment with my 2D characters :)
center>
I love you, my plincess =^.^=

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 09:39:17 pm »
Gotta love necro posting. Skull is in his element now. *shot*

Yes, since there is No Kag, these were done by me. w00t.

Jehuty

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 10:32:07 pm »
Never noticed this thread................ me go bump really old thread now.

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 10:57:04 pm »
Good job man, it looks really nice.  I now dub this period in time as the "GREAT TPH THREAD REVIVIAL."
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 11:01:58 pm »
I dub it "Dawn of the Dead"

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
Some of my 3-D models
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 11:02:11 pm »
Quote from: "NeoCalculus"
Good job man, it looks really nice.  I now dub this period in time as the "GREAT TPH THREAD REVIVIAL."

Ah yes, the time when really old threads got revived. Well, gotta start an old topic.