TPH > Music

cease and desisted

<< < (2/8) > >>

RetroJape:
It almost feels like they were yelling as they wrote this.

RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, this sucks for me. I haven't had enough time to re-download everything yet. At least Protoman isn't the only place on the internet to get Megaman music.

Bladegash:
These recent developments are sure to bring our forum activity to a crashing halt!

protoman:

--- Quote from: RetroJape on October 12, 2007, 08:53:19 am ---It almost feels like they were yelling as they wrote this.

RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, this sucks for me. I haven't had enough time to re-download everything yet. At least Protoman isn't the only place on the internet to get Megaman music.

--- End quote ---
there's a link in the first post you might find helpful.

RockmanZX:
Meh, I don't know.  The E-mail looks a little fake to me.  The misspellings alone are enough to make me question the validity of the E-mail.  Capcom may have a bad translation department, but their spelling is usually correct.

--- Quote ---YOU MUST DELETE ALL THE LETEERS AS WELL AS THE REFERENCE TO "MEGA MAN" AND "ROCKMAN" RIGHT NOW.
--- End quote ---

Huh?  If all references to Mega Man/Rockman were taken down, then this wouldn't be much of a fansite now would it?  Again, there are lots of Rockman fansites (most of them host music too), and Capcom isn't trying to close them down.  My guess it that you have someone who is for some reason or another bent on taking this site down, and they are just posing as Capcom.  Maybe they wanted the C&D letter removed because they will get in major trouble if the real Capcom IP people see it.  I don't blame you for following the instructions of the E-mail, but I am just making an observation.

I have been coming to this site for a long time, and have enjoyed the media that was available here.  It is a shame that most everything is being taken down.  Since Atomic Fire is merging with Mega Man Network, there is a slight shortage Rockman media.  I guess the shortage just increased.

Too bad that this happened.  Good luck on getting this issue worked out.

protoman:
if it was fake it was a really well done fake in terms of email headers. and i guess you didn't see the actual cease and desist letter but it was very well done too. the thing is that if i were younger i wouldn't have done anything but i have other priorities now and i have to do what's right for the thousands of people who are dependent on me at the other sites rather than the few people who are really not dependent on me here (torrents ftw).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version