Author Topic: PM:TTYD  (Read 9266 times)

Gemini Man

• View Profile
PM:TTYD
« on: February 10, 2005, 01:52:05 pm »
Has anyone here played Paper Mario:The Thousand Year door? If you haven't BUY IT NOW! It is the best game of 2004 (even better then MMAC). It's also extremly funny.
Gemini Man

mugenmidget

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.emulationzone.org/chan9/
Re: PM:TTYD
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 05:48:32 pm »
Quote from: "Gemini Man"
Has anyone here played Paper Mario:The Thousand Year door? If you haven't BUY IT NOW! It is the best game of 2004 (even better then MMAC). It's also extremly funny.

I'll agree that it's a pretty fancy title...but better than Megaman Anniversary Collection?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think MMAC is better.  In fact I think that it's way out of Paper Mario 2's league.

While they are ports of great old games, the actual "new" parts brought to the table by Atomic Planet were terrible glitches, weird hindsights, and crazy logic with system exclusive extras.  In that sense it failed for me.

But with all of that rant out of the way, you can't go wrong with Paper Mario 2.
ye-ly!

Bladegash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tetris.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:55:21 pm »
I thought he was talking about Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, not Paper Mario 2. =P

Anyway, it wasn't too bad. Tried a LLG for a bit but I ended up having to restart too often due to new exp-avoiding techniques being discovered.
ric!

TheHeavyDrinker

• View Profile
Re: PM:TTYD
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 08:03:03 pm »
Quote from: "Gemini Man"

Played it... It ruled my life for 3-4 weeks. All I did was play that game. Very innovative, however the later levels (especially Twilight Town, and that island) require a lot of backtracking. The game was quite good, probably the best game for the gamecube. Annimation is very smooth, and it's never boring. Very unique too. Without ruining anything, I woudl like to say that every leve requires a new "skill" so it's never like repeating the same thing over and over (like most RPGs) They removed the spin from PM1, and  they made allies have their own HP. A couple of bad things is that mario sometimes has Megaman 1 syndromne where he falls like a ton of lead bricks, and the star points at the bottom of the screen are very small. Besides that, the game is very fun, and the music is great.

p.s. I agree the same is pertty dark funny for a nintendo game...  well actually intelligent systems made the game but it was overwatched by nintendo. Bowser's cameos were funny, and so was luigi's story, and the jumpman reference in Glitzville.

p.p.s. Darn now i'm humming the GLitzville and Rougesport musics.....

mugenmidget

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.emulationzone.org/chan9/
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 08:37:10 pm »
Quote from: "Bladegash"
I thought he was talking about Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, not Paper Mario 2. =P

You've gotta be kidding me if you think those are different things.  :lol:
ye-ly!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 08:58:44 pm »
he's just being bladegash. :P

Backlash6000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 08:31:48 am »
I have the game. Beat it, up-ranked all my characters, and am currently doing all the jobs at the trouble center

neo mike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 08:33:41 am »
I have the game, unfortunatly, I haven't played it in awhile.