Author Topic: Megaman Legends 3?  (Read 27336 times)

Crystalman

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 03:45:11 pm »
Quote from: "Tiger"
I can think of two reasons there isn't a MML3:

1.  Mega Man Legends did VERY poorly marketwise, and was repeatedly accused of alienating the traditional Mega Man fans.  I liked it myself, but these are facts for the majority.  What can I say, most people suck.  :(

2.  Capcom sucks too.  They haven't stopped themselves from releasing actually shitty or purportedly shitty games before.  Just look what they did to Mega Man X4+!

Zaijian,
Tiger

I remember people moaning, because it didn't fall in the story-line of the original series. Mostly pojo.com boarders bitching about how it was Capcom's rpg cop-out, and how they did it just to make a few bucks. What explains the sucess of EXE then? If anything that series could be a whole other game without Megaman. Maybe in a few years Capcom will get bored, and put out another Legends.
img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/trza721/637f2d33.gif[/img]
OOPSY!1! DK PWNED JOOO!!!11!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 04:14:51 pm »
Quote from: "Crystalman"
Maybe in a few years Capcom will get bored, and put out another Legends.

*holds up mug of root beer* Here's hoping.

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 06:18:18 pm »
Quote from: "Tiger"
I can think of two reasons there isn't a MML3:

1.  Mega Man Legends did VERY poorly marketwise, and was repeatedly accused of alienating the traditional Mega Man fans.  I liked it myself, but these are facts for the majority.  What can I say, most people suck.  :(

2.  Capcom sucks too.  They haven't stopped themselves from releasing actually shitty or purportedly shitty games before.  Just look what they did to Mega Man X4+!

Zaijian,
Tiger

LIES. ALL LIES.
eft.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 06:28:16 pm »
Tiger doesn't lie, my friend. He's a good guy that knows how to act really feckin cool. *sunglasses flash, but not near as cool as Tiger's flash*

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 06:30:31 pm »
X4 rocked.

And the Legends games made big bucks.
eft.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 06:36:12 pm »
One reason I liked Legends is that it was 3D, and it didn't interfere with the classic megaman games. it was a comepletely different storyline, so it didn't ruin any shine of the classic games. It was on it's own league, and didn't interfere with the awesome shine of the classic games.

So yeah, I liked Legends. I would certaintly like to see legends 3. Maybe capcom was planning on making it for the PS2, but with news of the PS3, delayed it and upgraded it massively for the new hardware that the PS3 will offer.

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
Tiger doesn't lie, my friend. He's a good guy that knows how to act really feckin cool. *sunglasses flash, but not near as cool as Tiger's flash*

HE SAID CAPCOM SUCKED.

AND HE SAID THAT THE LEGENDS GAMES SUCK.
eft.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 06:44:38 pm »
All have their own opinion. Hell, just because I love Descent doesn't mean you do, Kibble.

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 07:07:18 pm »
All have their own opinion. Hell, just because I love Descent doesn't mean you do, Kibble.

SHUDDAP!! *shanks*

I LOVE CATGIRLS!! THEREFORE YOU ALL LOVE CATGIRLS!!

SUBMIT TO MY WILL!! FOR I RULE YOU ALL WITH AN IRON FIST!!

YOU!! *points to Swiftman* SUBMIT TO THE FIST!!!

And for the record. Capcom DOESN'T SUCK. It is Studio 2 of the Megaman X games that Sucks.

Studio one of the X games was 1-5 (I believe). After that Keiji Inafune HIMSELF was taken off the team for Studio 2, and THAT'S why the X series SUCKS TODAY!!

((FYI...some of that may have been jumbled up, becuase I can't remember if they were really called "Studios" or something else...it's been awhile....))

Classic has ALWAYS ROCKED, and this we all know to be true. And Legends did ALOT better then Tiger makes it out to have.

EXE does good, and so Does the Zero Series.

Capcom doesn't suck, they're just stupid, and don't realize some pretty obvious things, like when to let a series die, and move to their better ones.

And X4 Did indeed r0xX0rOMGRFL. It was the last GOOD X game, besides CM.

You can't brand ALL OF Capcom, becuase the stupidity of one department (The X Games Department), becuase even today Capcom still makes some damn good games, that AREN'T Megaman! *gasp*
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 07:11:38 pm »
Words of truth come from the mouth of the level 92 Green Biker Dude, Trigger.
He speaks of things that one could never hope to word so well, and puts them in ways everyone could understand.
Your comprehension stat has grown 6 points due to the wise preaching of Trigger.
Command?: speak
Level 107 Swiftman says: "Excellent words, Trigger. L33t words that are wise. Totally TPHtacular."
Swiftman stops speaking to Trigger.
Command?: wait

Trigger

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2005, 07:19:27 pm »
Command?: Speak
Level 92 Green Biker Dude, Trigger says: "WTF? ^^;"
Trigger stops speaking to Swiftman.
Command?: Dance
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 07:26:36 pm »
Command?: use item rare candy
You take the rare candy, open the wrapper and eat it.
Level 107 Conqueror Swiftman gains one level!
+2 strength!
+4 Agility!
+5 speed!
+3 Strengliness!
You are now a level 108 Conqueror. Change class?: no
Command?: dance
You take out an imaginary air guitar, strum a few notes from Descent level 17, then throw the guitar down and start doing the macaraena. The eyes of nearby witnesses are shocked.
All witnesses recive -3 to accuracy stat.
Command?: lazy
You lie your tired body down on the ground, lean against a nearby tree, and put your head back, letting your mind wander to thoughts of cookies and Morrigan.

(now that I think of it, pokemon would prolly make a pretty sweet text based game, I would think... Like, you could say dodge attack instead of just attack attack attack, and add some variety to the battles, while simultaneously teaching pokemon freak kids to type correctly)

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2005, 07:32:35 pm »
Quote from: "Trigger"

SHUDDAP!! *shanks*

I LOVE CATGIRLS!! THEREFORE YOU ALL LOVE CATGIRLS!!

SUBMIT TO MY WILL!! FOR I RULE YOU ALL WITH AN IRON FIST!!

YOU!! *points to Swiftman* SUBMIT TO THE FIST!!!

And for the record. Capcom DOESN'T SUCK. It is Studio 2 of the Megaman X games that Sucks.

Studio one of the X games was 1-5 (I believe). After that Keiji Inafune HIMSELF was taken off the team for Studio 2, and THAT'S why the X series SUCKS TODAY!!

((FYI...some of that may have been jumbled up, becuase I can't remember if they were really called "Studios" or something else...it's been awhile....))

Classic has ALWAYS ROCKED, and this we all know to be true. And Legends did ALOT better then Tiger makes it out to have.

EXE does good, and so Does the Zero Series.

Capcom doesn't suck, they're just stupid, and don't realize some pretty obvious things, like when to let a series die, and move to their better ones.

And X4 Did indeed r0xX0rOMGRFL. It was the last GOOD X game, besides CM.

You can't brand ALL OF Capcom, becuase the stupidity of one department (The X Games Department), becuase even today Capcom still makes some damn good games, that AREN'T Megaman! *gasp*

Like that Street Fighter Collection, right?
eft.

Trigger

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2005, 07:39:10 pm »
Command?: Mimic
You take the rare candy, open the wrapper and eat it.
Level 92 Green Biker Dude Trigger gains one level!
+5 strength!
+2 Agility!
+3 speed!
+7 Strengliness!
You are now a level 93 Green Biker Dude. Change class?: Yes
Command?: Multi-Class
Which classes do you choose?
Choose your Classes:
Catgirl Master X
He-Man
Red Scooter Jerk
Video Game Geek X
Master of the Improvisail Arts X
Lazy Extrordanair! X
Command?: Change Class
Insert Class Name: Lazy Green Catgirl Geek Extrordanair!
Class Succesfully changed!
You are now a level 93 Lazy Green Catgirl Geek Extrordanair, Trigger. Congradulations.
Command?: dance
You take out an imaginary straw, blow out of it making high pitched sqeels, then throw the straw down start doing the Mexican Hat dance. The eyes of nearby witnesses are shocked.
All witnesses recive -1337 to accuracy stat.
You lie your tired body down on the ground, lean against a nearby tree, and put your head back, letting your mind wander to thoughts of Catgirls, Morrigan, and spanking Kary.

((not a bad idea swift))
Skull says:

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
Megaman Legends 3?
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2005, 07:41:17 pm »
LAVOSAKA RAINS DOOM FROM THE HEAVENS!!!!!!1111111 OMGWTFBBQORZ!!!!!11111111
eft.