Author Topic: Trouble loading the cartoons  (Read 9236 times)

Anonymous

Trouble loading the cartoons
« on: June 17, 2005, 06:15:00 am »
Every time I try to watch the episodes, (I've tried both 56k and Broadband) it appears to be loading. (The bar at the bottom of the applet says "connecting". But after some time, the bar at the bottom of the applet says "10060: Disconnected" and stops loading.

I've recently installed the latest version of quicktime. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:59:21 pm »
that definitely sounds like a firewall issue. unfortunately, there's usually no good way to fix it except to turn off the firewall, or to allow incoming traffic from streaming.protoman.com. to temporarily disable the firewall for your computer only, find out what your local ip address is, and then enter it into the "dmz" (demilitarized zone) field in your router's configuration. be sure to wipe it out when you're done watching cartoons to restore your firewall protection.

Malestyr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 07:37:21 am »
I have 256k adsl, and I can either watch the broadband version with no sound or try and watch the 56k one which has very little recognisable speech.
Any chance of something in between the two qualities? It's really annoying.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 02:07:30 pm »
nope, sorry ... i'd have to rerip everything, and trust me, the quality is not good enough on the originals to warrant that. crazy you can watch the broadband stuff though ... iirc it was supposed to be like 400 something kbaud.