Author Topic: If you had Gates's money....  (Read 17301 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
If you had Gates's money....
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2005, 11:20:26 am »
Bah. Depressionist skull.... mimble wimble... *shot*

Hey, s'long as I'm fine and have Morr, I'll be good. Sure, maybe my grandkids about 40 generations down will be in a spot of trouble, but..... eh. I'll meet them anyways.

But that's me. I like DOS. Tells ya somethin, don't it?

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2005, 06:20:13 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
Bah. Depressionist skull.... mimble wimble... *shot*

Hey, s'long as I'm fine and have Morr, I'll be good. Sure, maybe my grandkids about 40 generations down will be in a spot of trouble, but..... eh. I'll meet them anyways.

But that's me. I like DOS. Tells ya somethin, don't it?

Tells me that your mind works rather randomly, what does DOS haev to do with any of this?!
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2005, 05:18:30 pm »
Error

Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »
Quote from: "NeoCalculus"
Very good points Tiger.  But inorder to due much of that, we would need the technology first, which we don't really have.  We can re-process human waiste into drinkable water and process CO2 into breathable air, but processing food from various elements is very difficult.  And finding many of those elements outside of earth, within our own solar system at least, would be rather difficult.  

Our best bet for survival would be to recreate self sustaining ecosystems throughout the universe outside of our own worlds, but that process would take centuries, maybe even a millenium or two, and from what you have said, it doesn't seem like we have the time.

From what I can see, we are already doomed.

Our solar system is abundant with the same resources and elements we have on Earth.  The whole universe is.  Everything is made up of those little symbols on the periodic table everyone's studied so diligently in high school chemistry.  The trick is getting to them, and staying alive long enough to turn resources and elements that exist in very different temperatures and pressures than they do on Earth into something we can use.  We do have the technology, but as I said, we don't have the money or willpower.

After all, if oil companies are willing to bomb the home or sabotage the research of a scienties/inventor/development team working on renewable energy sources -- because let's face it, fuck our grandkids, as long as my company makes it through the day with a few extra c-notes in our pockets, right? -_- -- we'll likely never do it until it's too late, or just hobble along still, like we do now, barely hanging on, just getting worse and worse.

I'll agree with you though, we are already doomed, and it would be better to clean up Earth and depopulate humans than anything else.

Zaijian,
Tiger

P.S. - Sadly, we aren't capable at this time of propelling anything, not even a probe or satellite, to to any star or solar system beyond our own.  So we have millions miles from our sun to Pluto, but stars are parsecs or and  light years apart, even in our own galaxy.

Voyager is still floating out there somewhere though.  I seriously doubt it's functioning, however.