Author Topic: Capcom Classics Collection  (Read 4297 times)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Capcom Classics Collection
« on: November 19, 2005, 09:27:41 pm »
I was at the local EB Games today and found a kick ass new collection of games.  The game is for PS2 and Xbox (Sadly, no Gamecube version).  The collection consists of...

1943 Kai
Bionic Commando
Commando
Exed Eyes
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Ghosts N' Goblins
Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Gun.Smoke
Legendary Wings
Mercs
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Section Z
Son Son
Street Fighter II
SF II: Champion Edition
SF II: Hyper Fighting (AKA SF II Turbo)
Trojan
and Vulgus

Mainly I bought this collection because it had the original arcade ports of Street Fighter II, Ghosts N' Goblins, and Ghouls N' Ghosts.  To my surprise even Super Ghouls N' Ghosts was on here (The box didn't state that).

Sadly, there is but one awesome game missing from here that would have been GREAT in this collection.  Strider.  Why is it not here, but it can be clearly seen in the PSP version's trailer?  *sigh* Oh well.

And another thing, Bionic Commando is not the great NES version we know of, but a completley different game.  Sure it's got the same type of gameplay, but the NES version kicks the crap out of the Arcade version.  The only cool thing I noticed that wasn't in the NES version was that your bionic arm can now stretch across the entire screen, which was pretty cool.

Also, there are extras like remixed music in the game (Not to mention remastered sound effects as well, which sound GREAT in Street Fighter II)

Although there are a few....er....lackluster titles on here *coughSonSoncough*, overall it's a great buy at only a mere $20.  

I'm just glad I finally got to see what Ghosts N' Goblins and Ghouls N' Ghosts were like in their original forms, and I wasn't dissapointed.  Even though the Genesis version will still be my preferred version of GNG, heh.  The arcade version of Ghosts is thankfully actually PLAYABLE, unlike the incredibly difficult NES version.

All in all, you should get it.  Cause it kicks ass.  Even with Strider missing.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 09:41:03 pm »
SECTION Z!!? TROJAN! HOLY SPIT! I OWN THSOE ON CART! AND I LOVE THEM!

And here I am, lacking an X-box AND PS2. OASENFP{IAGU *insert long string of curse words here*

Good find, SY. I didn't even know something like this existed.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 10:44:09 pm »
The PSP version will be different (afaik, will have more content/remixed content) than the console version.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:45:56 pm »
Quote from: "neothe0ne"
The PSP version will be different (afaik, will have more content/remixed content) than the console version.

Yeah, I saw the trailer for it.  Sadly I don't have PSP.  Damn that version for having Strider...

Jehuty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 02:41:32 am »
I can get both.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 01:20:05 pm »
To me, without Strider, it's pointless.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49:21 pm »
It has bionic commando and the 1940 series, that should be enough.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 07:53:07 pm »
DOES NO ONE ELSE LOVE SECTION Z OR TROJAN?!?!?! I spent years on those games..... Section Z in particular I love........