Author Topic: Concerning music not ripped/recorded by ourselves....  (Read 9796 times)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
Concerning music not ripped/recorded by ourselves....
« on: March 31, 2005, 08:27:16 pm »
Recently, I've noticed something happening more and more often, and I myself would like an answer to the problem....

Protoman, what is your take on uploading music that wasn't ripped/recorded by the uploader, but obtained through BitTorrent or other means?
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:10:52 pm »
Id bet as long as its new and good quality, an bot infected with some virus, it'd be ok to upload.

after all, you could just SAY you ripped it
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:20:30 pm »
I'm not guilty of getting my music from other places. It all comes straight from my Genesis. (though I'd like to have the means to do SNES as well.)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 09:23:45 pm »
eBay is your friend, my friend ;)

All my current hosted rips are legitimately recorded/XA-ripped by me.  The current CD I'm uploading (Final Fantasy: The Black Mages) was acquired through other means than a CD rip, but it's very good quality and has very good music ;).  I'm also planning on uploading The Black Mages II (which isn't quite as good as the first) and Dracula Battle Perfect Selection (which is RARE AS H*LL and has great music).

Those three CDs are going to be marked differently in the folder name, and I'll send Protoman a private message if he doesn't come to this topic...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 08:18:17 pm »
based on what i can tell, it's equally illegal for it to be on this site regardless of how it got here. so upload away.