Author Topic: Bittorrent Trouble  (Read 6656 times)

Skankin Otaku

Bittorrent Trouble
« on: April 08, 2005, 07:57:43 pm »
Hi, I was interested in downloading a few of the soundtracks with Bittorrent (bittornado) but I'm having a few problems.

First off, I have bittorrent set up correctly as I've downloaded a few files before (but I'm still new at this). The client is definetely set up correctly as peers are allowed to send requests to me. I have it routed through my firewall correctly and forwarded to my computer correctly. Bittornado also has a status light telling you when you have it set up correctly. So all of this is in order and in fact I'm downloading a torrent right now at 60 kb/sec, but from another site.

My problem is that any time I open up any torrent from this site, I get the following message. ERROR - Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10061, "Connection refused")>

I let this run for a while and it never connects. I've tried several times.

My question is what is up? is there a problem with the server/seed/torrent? or is there something else? and what can I do to fix it? thanks A lot guys!

P.S. - Big fan of the site

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
Bittorrent Trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:10:50 pm »
I have bittorrent...but I don't use it for this....I just wait until I can download the tracks, but I'll give it a check myself and see if it works for me....

EDIT: Welll I went to the X section and downloaded a few torrents and started up bittorrent...I didn't get the error message your talking about. The only real problem is that there are no peers on XD

I'm still pretty new to Bittorrent myself (which is why I don't use it much). But its working fine for me...so I can't help ya.....sorry...
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
Bittorrent Trouble
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 08:33:28 pm »
I have almost all the songs on this site, but I can't share them because I've renamed and retagged them through iTunes and such.  Sorry...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Skankin Otaku

Bittorrent Trouble
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 08:39:08 pm »
Well Thanks anyway. If anyone else has these problems, let me know, otherwise it looks like I'll be downloading them manually for now. Oh well. Just weird  :?

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
Bittorrent Trouble
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 07:40:00 pm »
the tracker crashed and it took me two days to realize it. this should be fixed now. if it crashes again, i will write a shell script to relaunch it immediately when it crashes ...