Author Topic: Smashing...Live! soundtrack  (Read 14460 times)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Smashing...Live! soundtrack
« on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:30 am »
I completley forgot I had this CD but seeing SSBM here, I figured I could share this beautiful CD here.  It's basically a live orchestra playing a lot of the songs from Super Smash Bros. Melee (and one big track with some of our favorite classic Nintendo game themes being played).  Anyways, I'll be converting these to MP3s today, so how would I get these up on the site?  Would I e-mail them to you, Protman, or use some sort of FTP program?

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 10:36:35 am »
Boy, that sounds neat Superyoshi. Is it like SSBM music blackmageized?
Don't know what I mean by that? Here's a defenintion from the Swiftionary (2nd edition):
Blackmageized: (verb) Blakmaegized, 1. To re-make older music into a symphony or orchestra piece of sound. 2. Describes an object after having fire-3 cast upon it several times.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 12:13:32 pm »
Not really, Black Mages was more about rock/techno remixes.  This is just a live orchestra from a concert in Japan, but in your definition, I guess it is, heh.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 12:42:52 pm »
s.yoshi, send me a pm and i can give you ftp information. i'd like it if you actually sent the rip as waveform, e.g. full quality .wav files, so that i can have the full quality files on hand for future development, and also to ensure that the mp3s going up will at least match the quality of the other stuff on the site.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 03:33:28 pm »
Or use a lossless codec :)

FLAC and Monkey's Audio (APE) are the most popular (I recommend Monkey's because it has slightly smaller filesizes, whereas FLAC has extra hardware support and larger files)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 04:32:44 pm »
yeah, go brainfart. if you want to use any of those, you're welcome to, as well, would decrease filesize a fair amount, but actually since you're not sending a huge amount of stuff, it would probably take you longer to get those codecs working (assuming you haven't already here) than to just upload the .wavs.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 04:33:42 pm »
60% of a wave file is a considerably smaller file, you know ;)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 04:34:47 pm »
that's "a fair amount" :P

now, when i compress the logs with bzip2 and get 95+% less bits, that is a considerably smaller file.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 06:05:46 pm »
If onlyI could freely convert waves and stuff into Playstation PSF format. MiniPSF's are roughly 3 kb, but can emualte ff7 music perfectly. It'd be perfect for what we deal with.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 06:12:59 pm »
PSFs only work for songs that are designed to run on the PlayStation's synth (which is NOT what we are dealing with!  The PS1 synth is.. to put it nicely... bad).

I would check out Monkey's Lossless, it can compress a wave to 50% of the original filesize if the song is appropriate.
http://www.monkeysaudio.com/
agerly anticipating:

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 02:41:53 pm »
superyoshi, could you copy down all the info about the cd (artists, composers, dates, full title, anything else you see) here? thanks.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 02:55:04 pm »
Well, I got the CD from a friend who gave it to me, and he didn't have the original case, so all it had was the title of the CD, the tracks and their lengths.  But I recently checked The Mushroom Kingdom and found This Page that's got basically all the info that you can get, and it's a lot more info than I could've given you.  Oh, and the site mostly covers the Japanese version of the CD so a few of the track names might be a bit different.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 07:02:10 pm »
Oh, btw superyoshi, I have a question.  Do you know who published your SSBM live CD? ;)

(I was recently dragged into a discussion about bootlegs...)
agerly anticipating:

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 03:48:55 am »
Wait a tic... Wasn't all of the music in SSBM orchestral... or at least, all of the fitting music? I seem to remember in the credits somewhere a mention of the Super Smash Bros Orchestra or something to that effect...
I believe it was that japanese text on the big (billboard?)
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

unkown

publisher
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 03:58:14 pm »
Quote from: "neothe0ne"
Oh, btw superyoshi, I have a question.  Do you know who published your SSBM live CD? ;)

(I was recently dragged into a discussion about bootlegs...)

Hey Neo.  If you still need to know who published the sound track, it was "Nintendo Official Magazine UK".  For more information, go to:
http://gametrax.net/albums/084846/index.html