Author Topic: UPDATE [2005.02.02]  (Read 11057 times)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« on: February 02, 2005, 11:59:42 pm »
the beat of the drum goes round and around

TPH has been updated for the first time in over a year!

Check out the new Rockman, Rockman 2, Rockman 3 and Rockman 5 Complete Works soundtracks! Rockman Complete Works was a Japanese re-release of the original six NES Mega Man games for the PlayStation (on individual discs) in 1999 - with extras! The first three games had a handful of remixed tracks included with them (usually coming from the Rockman: The Power Battle and Rockman 2: The Power Fighter arcade games), while the latter three games had completely remixed soundtracks! Unfortunately, I was only able to procure the above four Rockman Complete Works discs while I was in Japan, but I promise I will work to obtain 4 and 6 as soon as I can!

Also new in this update are the soundtracks from the first six NES Mega Man games - I was able to buy for myself the infamous Japanese release of the first six games' music recorded from authentic hardware - and the quality of these tracks should be noticeably better as a result. Yes, I offered the exact same tracks from the same Japanese release before today, but the quality was unsatisfactory, as those versions had been encoded by someone other than myself. At TPH, I value teamwork - just not when someone besides myself is on the team. Thus, I recommend you download (or download again, if you have already) the soundtracks from the first six NES Mega Man games immediately!

Finally, I added two great soundtracks to the Other Games page: Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion! These games, released in 2002, represent the "Double Sequel" to Super Metroid (already featured here on TPH). Prime's soundtrack was composed by Kenji Yamamoto while Fusion's soundtrack was composed by Minako Hamano - the same two composers who produced Super Metroid's music! (That must be why they're so good!)

Even more is coming very soon - so keep checking back!

- Protoman

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 03:25:43 pm »
GEEEEEEEEZ

I humbly bow down to you, thank you for everything
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 05:45:02 pm »
Let's say it was a nice little surprise for me when I visited today.

Backlash6000

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 07:43:38 pm »
.......I love you. Sorry. But you....friggin....RULE!!! I've always wanted to get this music. I've played the game, now I can play the music ^^

neo mike

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 08:01:24 pm »
*waves a w00t flag* Yeah, I love that music too.

razel2k1

Re: UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 05:53:56 pm »
when will the cammand mission and the x7 and the x8 sound tracks get underway

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 04:32:20 pm »
You rock, Protoman! :D

The Metroid music is the greatest update since the Wily Wars one! :D
eft.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.02.02]
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 08:07:47 am »
lol. i think you may have those ... backwards.

but thanks!