Author Topic: Wow. My respect for Keiji Inafune just went down...A LOT.  (Read 9785 times)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
Wow. My respect for Keiji Inafune just went down...A LOT.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 12:02:24 am »
Capcom followed their ass again.  First they got the idea that "larger userbase = more sales".  So they reduce GameCube exclusives by also releasing the games on PS2.  Needless to say, the PS2 sales were abominable.  Then, they decide to remake Resident Evil on the DS and Mega Man on the PSP.  (needless to say, we already know about userbases...)  Now, Inafune decides he wants to expand on Maverick Hunter X.. so he screws us gamers over to do so, and Capcom had the audacity to allow him to do this to us.  This is unacceptable.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 12:43:07 am »
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=926372&topic=25769899

Ha ha, crazy GameFAQers.  Boycotting MHX...not a bad idea at all.

Nightmare X

• View Profile
    • http://www.s7.invisionfree.com/Evil_Trinity
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 01:51:27 am »
Keiji Inafune is a dickhead that doesn't give a shit about his fans.

Peaches

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 03:55:34 am »
well, I'm certainly not going to buy that.  At least Megaman had some remixes and stuff.

edit: I meant the previous collection.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Monkeydog

• View Profile
    • http://monkeypro.net
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 06:29:16 am »
Well there's no way I'm ever going to enjoy remasted X's...since there's no way in hell I'm buying a PSP.

RetroJape

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 05:00:36 pm »
Quote from: "Superyoshi"
Quote from: "RetroJape"
Wow....that is just...lazy on his part, entirely.

Pardon my french but...What a bitch.

No, it's not lazy at all, which surprised the living hell out of me.  What he's being is a louse cheapskate.  

They DID redub the voices for X4
They DID fix the script for X6 AND dub new voices for it.
They DID put Maverick Hunter X's soundtrack in X1
They DID make new remixes for X2's soundtrack

But did they put them in?

No
Well then PSP and Maverick Hunter better be worth the money, or I am gonna be pissed.

Ringman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 06:55:09 pm »
now i'm pissed that I preordered the collection. It's really buggy and they actually remixed the music and then took it out.

The PSX version of Megaman x3 is crappy (except the dialog music which is better than the original). In the SNES games, when sounds overlap, it makes a loud buzzing noise. The screen is stretched at the top. The dialog sounds in megaman x4-6 are really high pitched now. The Japanese voices were removed from mmx (the only mmx voices I liked).

meh... I'd rather Atomic Planet did this than crapcom. At least Vile Didn't say "IHATEU!!"

Oh yeah, and at the end of Megaman x1, Sigma says "why you done this to us" instead of "why HAVE you done this to us"

and

at the end of megaman x2 is says "Those sacrificed themselves" instead of "those WHO sacrificed themselves".

What are we going to find out next, that they saved correct grammar for Irregular Hunter x?!

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »
Well, I hadn't dished out the dough for X Collection yet, mainly because I was losing faith in Capcom's quality control, and after all the reviews came out... there was no firm statement about the voice acting or the music.  They also said the emulation was faithful, but I have to disagree after what I've seen and heard.

Make no mistake that Maverick Hunter X is going to see troubled sales, though.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 06:00:37 pm »
Ok, I bought it yesterday, and have yet to hear any buzzing noises when the music loops.  

Actually, the music loops aren't THAT bad for X1 and X2.  There is no pause at all, it just plays the song from the intro again.  I've noticed that in X4, Cyber Peacock's voice (When you hit him with Soul Body) is gone now.  Not to mention the "Hadoken!" sound from X1 is gone as well.

Another thing with the sound, all the music sort of echos when it stops.  I actually like this.  Not that it's better, but it sounds kinda cool.

Oh, and there are absolutley NO noticeable load points in X3.  The only thing I noticed was that when you switch to Zero, it takes a few seconds to load.

And, Ringman, don't even dare say that AC would have done better.  All they did was port the PSX versions for 1-6 (Which is why they were so well emulated) and used the PSX version of 8 (Even though that was horribly emulated).  So what does that leave out?  Mega Man VII of course.  It was the only game that they had to put the "effort" into emulating.  I suggest you play MMAC again to see how much of an INCREDIBLY horrible job they did on it.  Capcom went through the trouble to get rid of EVERY hint of slowdown in EVERY SINGLE GAME (Remember Dark Dizzy's stage?  Yeah, it's fixed), so don't even say that Capcom did a bad job porting these games on here.

The only problems I've noticed so far is, of course, the grammar for one thing, and X1's sounds are a bit weird, Sting Chameleon's noise thing (You know what I mean) seems to be lower in pitch than it was on the actual cartridge (I say this because if you play MMX on a rom, it sounds very disstorted), in X2, Wire Sponges stage seems a bit too dark when it starts raining.

Overall, I'm pleased with this collection (COLLECTION, not extras).  Would I be even more pleased Inafune wasn't a money hungry bastard?  Of course I would, but this collection of games is pretty well made.

One more thing.  Is it me or does X3 play very, very smooth?  Must be because it's the PSX version.

(Note that I'm playing on PS2, not GCN)