Author Topic: MegaMan Battle Network 6 announced by Capcom USA!  (Read 4049 times)

MegaMan Battle Network 6 announced by Capcom USA!
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:31:02 pm »
Check out what I found at Rockman Perfect Memories:

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES MegaMan BATTLE NETWORK® 6
CYBEAST GREGAR AND CYBEAST FALZAR FOR THE GAME BOY® ADVANCE

SUNNYVALE, Calif. — February 27, 2006 — Capcom®, a powerhouse in the multi-billion dollar video game industry, today announced MegaMan Battle Network® 6 in two versions – Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar for the Game Boy® Advance video game system. The popular net battle series reaches a dramatic climax as familiar heroes, Lan and MegaMan, find themselves on unfamiliar terrain both in the real and cyber worlds. They will face the mightiest threats the series has ever seen but also wield the greatest power ever available. Capcom plans to release MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar and MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar across North America in Q2 2006.

In MegaMan Battle Network 6, Lan’s father has received a job transfer and the family moves to Cyber City, a town known for conducting various technological experiments. Lan will meet new people and build new friendships in the real world while MegaMan befriends helpful Navis and encounters dangerous new enemies on the virtual plane. Together they will face threats far more powerful and perilous than they ever have before.

A long time ago, two ancient creatures with unimaginable power ravaged the net. These two behemoths, called “Cybeasts,” clashed against each other with such force that the entire virtual landscape was changed forever. One embodied the form of a vicious wolf, with massive fangs and horrific howls that reached far and wide. The other was a ferocious bird with razor sharp claws and immense wings that flapped mightily, blowing over everything in its path. After their last known battle, a giant crater was all that remained and it was named the Underground, where they have lain in slumber… until now. Through the actions of a mysterious foe, they have been awakened and unleashed upon the net. MegaMan is able to intervene and manages to successfully contain one of the beasts within him.

In addition to the shifting story, new features change up the gameplay. A new “Cross System” allows MegaMan to utilize the special power of allies in battle. MegaMan will encounter several “Link Navis” along the way which, when defeated, will lend their own cross ability that can be used in battle. Though very useful, each has a particular weakness. Another powerful advantage is the “Beast Out” system, resulting from MegaMan’s absorption of the powerful Cybeasts. The option to use the ancient monster’s power during battle will become available, offering a boost in speed, ability to rapid fire Buster shots, double a Battle Chip’s attack power and more. While a Cross is equipped, MegaMan can also Beast Out, combining the forces of these two systems to maximize the power of the Crosses even further. However, the use of the Beast Out system is very limited and if MegaMan becomes fatigued, he may succumb to an uncontrollable overdrive mode called “Beast Over.” In this state, MegaMan will be very powerful for a short period of time, but then when he is released from this mode, he will be left in a very weakened state, close to dying.

MegaMan Battle Network 6 includes the following features:
• New town, new storyline!
• “Cross System” – defeat LinkNavis and gain their special “Cross” ability which MegaMan can use in battle
• “Beast Out” powers – allows players to use the abilities of a formidable Cybeast creature
• Combine both Cross and Beast Out systems for incredible power possibilities!
• Game Link® Cable and wireless adapter compatible functions
o Trade programs and Battle Chips
o Compare records and have Net battles with your friends
• Distinct features for Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar
o Five distinct Link Navis aid MegaMan in each version, for a total of 10
o Assorted Battle Chips for each version
o Each Cybeast is the final boss for the two versions
o Combinations of Cross and Beast Out systems vary between the two versions
o Different strategies for winning – with unique powers available and different enemies players face in each game, the strategy for completing them will change

Boy, am I glad they didn't go with the original names...
(Which were BN6 Greiga Version and BN6 Faltzer Version, BTW)
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:27:05 pm »
Nice to know that Capcom actually makes effort on the DS.  Too bad they're choosing damned fine games to make half-assed ports for PSP...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:56 pm »
Quote from: "neothe0ne"
Nice to know that Capcom actually makes effort on the DS.  Too bad they're choosing damned fine games to make half-assed ports for PSP...

*Looks at Resident Evil DS then looks at Mega Man Powered Up*

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 04:58:49 pm »
One port compared to 8+... and I've heard conflicting reports on Powered Up!'s quality.  What I want to hear is an announcement for Irregular Hunter X2, if only just for the music ;)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

megakevinexe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:26:29 pm »
That's great!!! :D

But hopefully Gregar and Falzar  is just a typo! :P
img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5310/bardockremakekg0.gif[/img]

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 11:03:48 am »
@ megakev: No, those are the real names.  Sorry if that disappoints you...

@ neo: Just be glad Capcom USA is actually letting US gamers get full Net support for MMPU, unlike the COUNTLESS games/accessories that US EXE fans have yet to recieve, i.e. EXE4.5, the BattleChip Gate, and the Progress / Link PETS...
URL=http://s15.invisionfree.com/CJF_Network][/URL]

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:49:03 am »
BattleNetwork Is good. But not Better than X series.
Id rather they Concentrate on Megaman X9 if it will exist.
Its better. It would be Xtrem with my Ideas... Oh I wish they could send me an Invitation to go to Capcom For Megaman X.
img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/BlazeHeatnix/x8.jpg[/img]

Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu Man.
Katon Housenka no Jutsu Damn.
Katon X-Buster 3rd Charge no jutsu Dude.