Author Topic: UPDATE [2006.08.14]  (Read 3711 times)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2006.08.14]
« on: August 14, 2006, 06:20:15 pm »
Surprise, surprise!  I know there hasn't been an update in a long time, but now I present my recording of Video Games Live from August 12 at the Hilbert Circle Theatre in Indianapolis.  The recording was done from my Zen Vision:M's mic, and was converted to MP3 from IMA ADPCM 16KHz waves.

There are seventeen tracks total, not counting Classic Arcade Medley, Space Invaders Live, and Frogger Live, which couldn't be included due to audience noise/participation.

You can grab the concert here.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
UPDATE [2006.08.14]
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:46:03 pm »
Thank you very much, master.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2006.08.14]
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:49:46 pm »
I heard Video Games Live sucked (Many people who saw it seem to say the orchestra didn't seem to rehearse enough) .  Now to see for myself.  Thanks a bunch.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2006.08.14]
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 06:55:42 pm »
Well, the orchestra doesn't move; only Tommy Tallarico, Jack Wall, and their supporting team move from place/orchestra to place/orchestra.  The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra has a very good reputation, and as far as I could tell, the only things remotely out of tune were a few of the vocals and one or two mistaken strokes from the pianist.  My main disappointment with the concert was some of the arrangements, Zelda in particular, for being overly repetitive and basically only covering the main overworld theme.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2006.08.14]
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »
Also, I am dissapointed in the lack of Earthworm Jim in this concert, especially when I saw Tommy's name.

So far I've listened to the Sonic 1 segement, and I must say, I like it so far.  Labyrinth Zone could have been done better, but oh well.