Author Topic: (sigh) Can't believe it's already been 10 years!  (Read 4251 times)

ElecMan

• View Profile
(sigh) Can't believe it's already been 10 years!
« on: September 03, 2006, 01:46:15 am »
I don't remember the exact date, but back in 1996, that was the day I had truly gotten into the Blue Bomber, and TPH was one of the first Mega Man sites I ever discovered and visited. It was also one of the ONLY MM sites around at the time. I have alot of great memories from late 1996. Those were some of my best days. I remember I would draw my own Mega Man comic books, and I made Mega Man and Protoman seem as if they were "Batman & Robin" or something. Alot of those comics I never even finished, and some of the comics had copied off of other stuff (like the Christmas Special, where I copied off of "Beavis & Butt-head"). And I didn't know much of the robot masters, so I made up some of my own, like Ninja Man (who just had a sword, and looked like a ninja), Trident Man (who could change into any person or object), Sphere Man (He wore a black hood mask, a red shirt, and I think black pants, and he would throw spears at people. And yes, I had spelled his name as "Sphere" back then, but I was only 10. Gimme a break), and I don't know what else. I remember I also did one where Mega Man and the gang were after some band of gangsters, and the leader once got hit in the head, and thinks it's 1961 ever since (the idea for that was inspired by an episode of this cartoon that used to be on Cartoon Network back in the day called "The Centurions"). And then at the end when they found his hideout, it was revealed that he was "Trident Man" all along, and the rest of the gang were Wily's bots. And there was also this character I made up called "Lieutenant Franklin". He was like this cop dude who always wore a collar shirt, red tie, a brown trench coat and black pants, and black sunglasses. He was this cop dude who was like friends with Mega Man and company, and went with them on their adventures. It was completely silly. I was proud of those comics back then, but these days, when I look at them, I just see the silliness of them all completely. My knowledge of MM has highly expanded and evolved since then, but I do miss those days.....  :cry: That was also when I first discovered the existance of the soundtrack to the MM cartoon, and we also had badass MM sites like The MegaManiacs Homepage, and there was also one called Eddie's something. That was cool too. I'm planning to celebrate my being an MM fan for 10 years for the next several months. I originally just liked the Classic Series. I never got into the X series until the 4th installment.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 10:13:42 pm »
what do you remember about tph from that time?

ElecMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:54:20 pm »
Quote from: "protoman"
what do you remember about tph from that time?

Well, one thing I remember was that when I first discovered it, there was some picture of Protoman on the frontpage, and when you clicked on a certain part of his body, he'd explain and go into detail about the features that particular part had. And it was also divided into 4 windows. One of the windows was bigger than the others. I also remember later on (months later) I discovered sprite comics like "How many robot masters does it take to change a Bright Man?", and various others. I can't think of any others at the moment.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:29:57 pm »
awesome. you reminded me of at least one thing i'd forgotten. :) that first memory you had was from a very early version of the page, one i no longer have unfortunately.

ElecMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 11:29:42 pm »
Too bad. Would've been a great nostalgic trip to help me to remember what it was like back then.

berserkchip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:51:48 pm »
so, did you post this topic here first, or IRA's site. which one, elec man, or should I say... SOL?!?!