Author Topic: Song format question  (Read 9648 times)

Kagemitsu

• View Profile
Song format question
« on: June 16, 2005, 10:19:37 am »
Is the only format of music you accept mp3? I want to ask that, because I somehow (I completely forget now, Something with Swiftman and Broom messing with my computer) Somehow I aquired all the in-game music for the DOS game Descent. I was wondering if I could submit this music, if the midi format is allowed, and also I have no clue how I could submit to TPH. Would I sut send them to Protoman and he puts them up? Any help is greatly appreciated.
quote]Shadowrun is a game where discussion about getting Coke from a vending machine can involve the phrase "missile launcher"[/quote]
-Brian Clevinger, 8-bit theater founder

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Re: Song format question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 11:07:17 am »
Quote from: "Kagemitsu"
Something with Swiftman and Broom messing with my computer)

Now I wonder how we did that? I can't think for the life of me. Must have been high on sugar and half asleep, and Broom having a hernia. (Or something)

Say Kag, could you send me those mid's? I sure would like them.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
Song format question
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 02:05:24 pm »
could definitely host midis if those are the original format of the game.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Song format question
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 02:53:10 pm »
Oh yeah, they were midi's alright. They definetly had that feel to the sound, like most dos games of that time. (You know, GOOD midi's, that actually had rythm to them and weren't mindless noise, like some I know....)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Song format question
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58:25 pm »
*DESCENTLY UPDATE!*

As it turns out, the level11 and level21 songs are corrupted or something, since they don't play. All the others work, just not those two. I'm gonna mess around with my Descent and see if I can do it again. I may need Broom too....

Well, just a status report. This may take a bit to solve. I have no freaking clue how we got those midi's extracted....

Kagemitsu

• View Profile
Song format question
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 01:25:40 am »
We couldn't host those songs if there's a track or two missing, right? If we're missing two songs, and we can't figure out how to get them, then we can't host them on TPH, right?
quote]Shadowrun is a game where discussion about getting Coke from a vending machine can involve the phrase "missile launcher"[/quote]
-Brian Clevinger, 8-bit theater founder